steward watch 2010-11

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: steward watch 2010-11

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2010 13:34

LoyalRoyalFan
Hugo Boss I thought the stewards were, once again, disgraceful yesterday. The way they stood unnoticed made me sick.

What happened?

LOL - the clue is in the final sentence m9!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Aug 2010 13:40

Royal Lady I got caught yesterday trying to smuggle myself in with a bag on my shoulder. The young man asked to look in it - I zipped it open and he peered in the top - didn't feel the bag or move anything - so all he saw was my little umbrella on the top. If I had got anything of any danger (and to be honest I'm not sure what it is they expect to find anyway) he wouldn't have found it anyway!!

He just felt the weight of my meat pies and let me in on Saturday too. They were still warm.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Aug 2010 14:10

Royal Lady
LoyalRoyalFan
Hugo Boss I thought the stewards were, once again, disgraceful yesterday. The way they stood unnoticed made me sick.

What happened?

LOL - the clue is in the final sentence m9!

Forest fans.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 16:03

Royal Lady I got caught yesterday trying to smuggle myself in with a bag on my shoulder. The young man asked to look in it - I zipped it open and he peered in the top - didn't feel the bag or move anything - so all he saw was my little umbrella on the top. If I had got anything of any danger (and to be honest I'm not sure what it is they expect to find anyway) he wouldn't have found it anyway!!

especially not if it was disguised as a small umbrella

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 23 Aug 2010 21:48

what got me of was that there was a kid giving it large just by the tunnel nerest the east stand and he got warned by the old bill and a steward and nothing else was done other other club and he would of been removed at half time also ive notice the cctv camer aint even pointing at the away fans!!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Aug 2010 12:37

Top marks to the steward standing in the lower west concource around the half way line to prevent people going from SW to the NW exit thereby avoiding a detour around the hotel in addition to the detour already caused by the "safety" gate that has been erected in Shooters Way.

In making me and my 75 year old dad walk back out the SW exit and all the way round rather than the 50 yards to the NW exit you are a fine example of health/safety and customer care and in no way a retarded jobsworth tosser in keeping with your fine colleagues who are "just doing their job"

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Aug 2010 13:27

Yeah but as that poor steward stated "some of us have got homes to go to, it's ten to eleven" :roll:

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 25 Aug 2010 14:11

Sat in the East stand for the first time yesterday. Your female stewards are much more pleasing on the eye than the middle-aged blokes in the Upper West. :oops:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Aug 2010 17:38

Royal Lady Yeah but as that poor steward stated "some of us have got homes to go to, it's ten to eleven" :roll:

At least they didn't have to pay to watch Reading shoot themselves in the foot. :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Aug 2010 17:42

Gordons Cumming
Royal Lady Yeah but as that poor steward stated "some of us have got homes to go to, it's ten to eleven" :roll:

At least they didn't have to pay to watch Reading shoot themselves in the foot. :wink:

Exactly my old friend, exactly.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Aug 2010 18:20

Schards#2 Top marks to the steward standing in the lower west concource around the half way line to prevent people going from SW to the NW exit thereby avoiding a detour around the hotel in addition to the detour already caused by the "safety" gate that has been erected in Shooters Way.

In making me and my 75 year old dad walk back out the SW exit and all the way round rather than the 50 yards to the NW exit you are a fine example of health/safety and customer care and in no way a retarded jobsworth tosser in keeping with your fine colleagues who are "just doing their job"

Not sure that makes sense Schards, you had to walk all the way round thanks to the safety gate then went back in at the SW entrance to try to get to the NW exit under the Lower West???

TBF what you need to do is write to the club and ask the question really, nothing changes otherwise

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Aug 2010 18:45

I heard someone complain to a steward that they couldn't sit in their usual season ticket seats last night.

He explained that his season ticket only covered league matches not cup games.

The old man asked who he could complain to.

The steward said the Commercial manager maybe?

The old man grumbled off and the steward went :roll:

Some people complained after halftime that someone had sat in the seat they were sitting in during the first half.

Do people not understand what "unreserved means"?

Good grief :roll: :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2010 19:16

Gordons Cumming I heard someone complain to a steward that they couldn't sit in their usual season ticket seats last night.

Some people complained after halftime that someone had sat in the seat they were sitting in during the first half.

I understood and it was another reason for not giving the club even more of my hard earned cash. One of the main reasons for renewing our season tickets was that we like the location and view. If the ST doesn't even give us the right to pay to use those seats then the club can whistle for our hard earned cash at those games.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Aug 2010 19:21

RoyalBlue
Gordons Cumming I heard someone complain to a steward that they couldn't sit in their usual season ticket seats last night.

I understood and it was another reason for not giving the club even more of my hard earned cash. One of the main reasons for renewing our season tickets was that we like the location and view. If the ST doesn't even give us the right to pay to use those seats then the club can whistle for our hard earned cash at those games.

However, on the other hand, it does give people a chance to see the team from another point of view for one game.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Aug 2010 22:16

RoyalBlue

Until we draw Man Utd in the Cup then you will be first to complain if you don't get a ticket.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Aug 2010 09:21

Gordons Cumming
RoyalBlue

However, on the other hand, it does give people a chance to see the team from another point of view for one game.

More than appreciate that, but I like the view from my seat and so had anyone been sitting there I would have removed them.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Aug 2010 09:42

Seems to me they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

I also thought one of the main reasons for reserved seating was identification of who is where. Guess it goes out of the window when it suits.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2010 10:08

Big Foot

I'd like to have seen you try to move me................... :wink:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Aug 2010 12:41

Gordons Cumming Big Foot

I'd like to have seen you try to move me................... :wink:

I'm an expert in Chinese burns, you'd have been tossed from one side of the East Stand to the next in the blink of an eye lid

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2010 13:55

Terminal Boardom
RoyalBlue

Until we draw Man Utd in the Cup then you will be first to complain if you don't get a ticket.

No I won't! Or have they quietly done away with Royalty Points?!
Anyway, I meant whistle for my cash when I can't get the same seat that my season ticket normally covers.