yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 206
Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 13 Nov 2006 11:59

Harold Sweet Caroline is awful too.

Agreed. Forget them both and allow the crowd to go mental.

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 13 Nov 2006 21:08

There is another way. Get a list of 10 songs, including Tom Hark, and then get the fans to vote at a half time by singing/cheering the one that they like best.

Simple and at a full house, very democratic

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 14 Nov 2006 08:36

Joe 90 There is another way. Get a list of 10 songs, including Tom Hark, and then get the fans to vote at a half time by singing/cheering the one that they like best.

Yeah, then we could get something trully great, like... 5000 miles :roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 14 Nov 2006 08:56

Joe 90 There is another way. Get a list of 10 songs, including Tom Hark, and then get the fans to vote at a half time by singing/cheering the one that they like best.

How about, no?

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 14 Nov 2006 20:17

Mrs Butler Needs to be

SWEET CAROLINE :D

NO! Needs to be nothing but our spontaneous celebrations!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Nov 2006 20:41

They'll only replace it with the one Norwich use (name escapes me at the moment) which is 10 times worse than Tom Hark.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 14 Nov 2006 21:35

Where did this Tom Hark sh*te come from in the first place anyway ?. I suppose that the Back the Boyz kn*bjockeys will tell us that they had to start playing it because fans were refusing to celebrate without the music ! :roll:

It is SHOCKING :shock: I curl my toes and have to sit down in embarassment every time this crap is played after a goal. This not only ruins the goal celebrations for me, but now also results in a double embarassment as I have to cringe through the highlights on BBC with the Tom Hark sh*te audible on TV.

SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL RFC ! :twisted:

I'm sick of this debate, but I'm getting more and more absolutely furious each time this is played at the Madstand.

Anyone know the way to the PA announcers gantry as I'm seriously considering having a 'special' word with those kn*bjockeys before Saturdays game ?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Nov 2006 22:08

Nezhen Where did this Tom Hark sh*te come from in the first place anyway ?. I suppose that the Back the Boyz kn*bjockeys will tell us that they had to start playing it because fans were refusing to celebrate without the music ! :roll:

It is SHOCKING :shock: I curl my toes and have to sit down in embarassment every time this crap is played after a goal. This not only ruins the goal celebrations for me, but now also results in a double embarassment as I have to cringe through the highlights on BBC with the Tom Hark sh*te audible on TV.

I'm sick of this debate, but I'm getting more and more absolutely furious each time this is played at the Madstand.

Anyone know the way to the PA announcers gantry as I'm seriously considering having a 'special' word with those kn*bjockeys before Saturdays game ?

Have a quick nappy change, take a quick drink of milk, dry your eyes and start to grow up.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 14 Nov 2006 22:13

Song 2 by Blur or One More Time by Daft Punk seem good to me.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 14 Nov 2006 22:18

West Stand Man wrote
Have a quick nappy change, take a quick drink of milk, dry your eyes and start to grow up.

Happy to do that, but can you tell me where this Tom Hark sh*te came from and who asked for it in the first place anyway ! :evil:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Nov 2006 22:23

Scrappy Song 2 by Blur or One More Time by Daft Punk seem good to me.

Sonly 2 is used whenever a gaol is scored in the US Ice Hockey league. Just how "plastic" is that?

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 14 Nov 2006 23:13

Nezhen Where did this Tom Hark sh*te come from in the first place anyway ?. I suppose that the Back the Boyz kn*bjockeys will tell us that they had to start playing it because fans were refusing to celebrate without the music ! :roll:

Here! Here! Incidently, Pards had a vote at a 'Fans Forum' and it was agreed then, but it was a novelty at the time, but now well past its 'sell by date'.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 14 Nov 2006 23:15

From Despair To Where? They'll only replace it with the one Norwich use (name escapes me at the moment) which is 10 times worse than Tom Hark.

Carnival Du Paris. The World Cup 98 song.

fozzy

by fozzy » 15 Nov 2006 11:49

Rawlie19 [Yeah, then we could get something trully great, like... 5000 miles :roll:

UK inflation is incredible isn't it?

500 miles in 1988 = 5000 miles in 2006. :D

boycey

by boycey » 15 Nov 2006 12:00

It has to stop!
It really really does .
It's gone way beyond funny , and i cant believe people still join in when the music comes on . Do they not realise how ridiculous it is .
We are now a premier league outfit . We are scoring goals against some of the best teams in Europe . thats reason to celebrate enough . It actually stops people cheering and totally takes the enjoyment out of goal celebrations.

It belongs in a playground...get rid!! now...

and as for the other suggestions... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 12:17

Its for w@nkers lets face it.

Millions all over the world watch the Prem.

When we score and they hear us stop celebrating to do Tom Hark they must think what sad c**ts.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Nov 2006 12:20

Skin When we score and they hear us stop celebrating to do Tom Hark they must think what sad c**ts.

Or alternatively they don't even notice. I'm sure they have more important things to think about unlike most on here....

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Nov 2006 12:57

Wycombe Royal
Skin When we score and they hear us stop celebrating to do Tom Hark they must think what sad c**ts.

Or alternatively they don't even notice. I'm sure they have more important things to think about unlike most on here....

Spot on. It is only a rather sad minority on here that seem to have a problem. I refer the honourable members, yet again, to the fact that the whole crowd (or that is the impression you'd get by looking in at us) joins in with it. It doesn't stop the initial euphoria, it simply keeps it going for a while longer. Can't see the problem at all and I am absolutley sure that most TV viewers only sense a crowd that is euphoric, which is a good thing?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 15 Nov 2006 12:59

BTB = oxf*rd

Fact.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Nov 2006 13:06

West Stand Man the whole crowd (or that is the impression you'd get by looking in at us) joins in with it. It doesn't stop the initial euphoria, it simply keeps it going for a while longer. Can't see the problem at all

Quite.

As I keep saying, I'd rather hear it and do the silly dance than, as was the case against Chelsea and Arsenal, not.

I hope to do the silly dance and embarrass the "real fans" another two or three times this Saturday.

199 posts