What is your ethnic group, do you have a god, are you HIV+?

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What is your ethnic group, do you have a god, are you HI

by rob the royal » 22 Apr 2007 13:14

cheeryoleary On the paper season ticket renewal I received in the mail this morning, I am asked to identify my ethnic group (e.g. White British), my religion, and whether I have a disability - including reference to 'HIV, Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis'

This is in the name of 'Equal Opportunity Monitoring'

If that is the case and Reading FC is 'commited to preventing discrimination ...... on the grounds of ...... sexual orientation (and) marital status', then why am I not asked if I'm straight, gay, bi, and/or married?

What do you think?

they just wanna put all the hiv+ people in one stand an everyone else in another to prevent any spread of infection. they'll put all the muslims in the north stand, all the catholics in the west stand an christians in the east, with others in the south to prevent racial or religious tensions. it's all part of the latest government crowd safety policy.

if u turn the page over it actually asks if u have a body odour problem, tick this box, i've heard if u tick this box they u get a free hospitality box to keep u away from everyone else...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What is your ethnic group, do you have a god, are you HI

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 14:39

rob the royal [ all the catholics in the west stand an christians in the east,

Spot the problem there !!

As a bhuddist could you let me know where I should sit ?
I've been told they are shifting about 600 people in the East Stand to make room for our area.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 22 Apr 2007 16:03

oops did i write that! lol :roll:

ok so the east is christian, the west is actually for sikhs, and buddhists can have a box cos they're special.

also jedi knights will be accommodated too. in the south stand next to the away fans

Skyline

by Skyline » 23 Apr 2007 10:56

Silver Fox This is now the official nadir in the history of threads moaning about petty things. Surprisingly the dirty shirt rule thread only managed to be the worst ever for less than a week

I still think the thread moaning about the STAR shop moving from the East Stand concourse to the hut outside the stand was the worst. Especially when it was pointed out that moving it outside made it accessible to those who sit in the North and West and the idiot who started the thread still thought it was all wrong.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 23 Apr 2007 19:26

I looked at this and thought "Equal rights? Yea, shove off."

Why do you need 'equal rights' at a football match? - YOU DON'T. Ok, I understand the whole 'Kick racism out of football' but everyone is treated fairly by the royalty point system.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Apr 2007 19:46

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo I looked at this and thought "Equal rights? Yea, shove off."

Why do you need 'equal rights' at a football match? - YOU DON'T. Ok, I understand the whole 'Kick racism out of football' but everyone is treated fairly by the royalty point system.

Absolutely.

Why does it matter what colour your skin is, and why do they want to know?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Apr 2007 19:50

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo everyone is treated fairly by the royalty point system.

It's a bit of a bar for people who have never been to a game (for whatever reason) and want to sample live football....

There is a whole different arguement to be had here, but I don't think you need a form to work out the ethnic make up of our crowd (75% white, 25% Korean !)