A bit worrying

1418 posts
Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 06 Aug 2007 19:07

Yorkshire Royal Total cost of seeing Reading most likely lose = £166.

Most likely, yes. But it's that small chance of the unlikely that has cost me another £130 of my money!

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 19:18

Yorkshire Royal Me and Missus were planning on going:

Tickets - £76
Train (from Leeds!) - £30
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

Total cost of seeing Reading most likely lose = £166. Off on hoilday in 2 weeks, that money is unfortunately spent better elsewhere..

When a trip to football just across the pennines costs that much, then really what is the point? It's a shame, as last year I desperately wanted to go, but could not get a ticket...

I work very hard to be able to go to as many games as i can, i missed 4 games last season in all competions, and it p*sses me off when some people make comments like this ' paying over £100 to watch reading when they are more than likey to lose'. Why make such a comment like this???? So what if we might lose i go to the matches to back my team and to wear the hoops with pride!!! win,lose or draw.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Aug 2007 19:18

Alan Partridge
rfcjoe I go to Reading games now because I want to go, it's a form of enjoyment. Not too prove i'm a better fan than person a or person b. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about any of that. If I don't want to go then i won't, simple as that. Good luck to you if you want to go to all the games, been there done that, enjoyable yet expensive.
same here. I used to go every game I could home or away, from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, and I found it hard to understand people who didn't want to do the same.

But eventually I just found I got sick of the travelling and the thrill of it just waned to the point where it didn't feel worth it any more.

And in the past, in the days of terraces and low away support, it was easy to meet up with mates and sit or stand together. Now if I go I tend to end up sitting with complete strangers, so even the social element has gone. Funnily enough, quite a few of the people I used to know from back then quite miss away trips to the likes of Peterborough and Shrewsbury. Nostalgia does tend to gloss over how bad the football was though.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 Aug 2007 19:46

GJ79

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

Total cost of seeing Reading most likely lose = £166. Off on hoilday in 2 weeks, that money is unfortunately spent better elsewhere..

When a trip to football just across the pennines costs that much, then really what is the point? It's a shame, as last year I desperately wanted to go, but could not get a ticket...

I work very hard to be able to go to as many games as i can, i missed 4 games last season in all competions, and it p*sses me off when some people make comments like this ' paying over £100 to watch reading when they are more than likey to lose'. Why make such a comment like this???? So what if we might lose i go to the matches to back my team and to wear the hoops with pride!!! win,lose or draw.

Maybe some people can't afford to spend that much money on 90 minutes of "entertainment" and could put the money saved towards doing other things.

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 20:11

Farnborough Royal
GJ79

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

Maybe some people can't afford to spend that much money on 90 minutes of "entertainment" and could put the money saved towards doing other things.

That wasnt the point i was trying to make!!! :roll: Its the comments like paying over £100 just to watch them lose!!!

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 06 Aug 2007 20:16

The options:-

Two tickets, (includes one for son) Petrol, programme, refreshments, parking etc. Cost in excess of £120
then you have the M6 on a Sunday night :shock:

Or down the pub for a few beers and back home for dinner at 7 with a saving of about £100.

Mmmm Difficult decision

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 20:30

BLUES & ROYAL The options:-

Two tickets, (includes one for son) Petrol, programme, refreshments, parking etc. Cost in excess of £120

Or down the pub for a few beers and back home for dinner at 7 with a saving of about £100.

Mmmm difficult decision

Yeah option 1 for me everytime

Royal Soupanoodle
Location: at the bottom of the Ocean called life, looking for a pearl of wisdom!

by Royal Soupanoodle » 06 Aug 2007 20:32

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

Total cost of seeing Reading most likely win = PRICELESS!!

For everything else there's Mastercard

:D

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 20:38

Royal Soupanoodle

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

Total cost of seeing Reading most likely win = PRICELESS!!

For everything else there's Mastercard

:D

:lol:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 06 Aug 2007 20:59

GJ79

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

I agree. It's a good day out even if we get beat.

It took quite a lot of effort to get to Chelsea away last season. Most people on here said there's no point going to watch us lose and look what happened.

I can't go to United away, i simply can't afford to go.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 Aug 2007 21:06

GJ79

Mmmm difficult decision

Congratulations.

You are the most loyalist Royal ever.

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 21:07

savage 4 england
GJ79

Tickets - £76
Beer - £30
Food - £20
Taxi - £10

I agree. It's a good day out even if we get beat.

It took quite a lot of effort to get to Chelsea away last season. Most people on here said there's no point going to watch us lose and look what happened.

I can't go to United away, i simply can't afford to go.

Thats fair enough mate, im sorry u cant afford to go. Yep chelsea away was brilliant all i heard at work was how we where goin to get beat, dont waste ur time and money your going to lose big time!!! And what fun i had when everyone went back to work after xmas!! And had a great day out :wink: thanks cashley cole :lol:

GJ79

by GJ79 » 06 Aug 2007 21:19

Farnborough Royal
GJ79

Mmmm difficult decision

Congratulations.

You are the most loyalist Royal ever.

Cheers mate ive been waiting for someone to tell me that, im so happy now. Thanks for your kind words. :D

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2007 21:30

Alan Partridge
rfcjoe take a whiff of that plasticness....... smells good doesnt it

You'll get a good whiff of that at the people around you at the game.

Fair play if you want to spend nearly all your money on watching RFC, I've done that for a good 10 years solidly now, but it's time to say No now. Ticket prices are extortionate, it's not value for money and i have other things to do now. Not for me.

I go to Reading games now because I want to go, it's a form of enjoyment. Not too prove i'm a better fan than person a or person b. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about any of that. If I don't want to go then i won't, simple as that. Good luck to you if you want to go to all the games, been there done that, enjoyable yet expensive.

fair play mate

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 06 Aug 2007 22:13

rfcjoe
Alan Partridge
rfcjoe take a whiff of that plasticness....... smells good doesnt it

You'll get a good whiff of that at the people around you at the game.

Fair play if you want to spend nearly all your money on watching RFC, I've done that for a good 10 years solidly now, but it's time to say No now. Ticket prices are extortionate, it's not value for money and i have other things to do now. Not for me.

I go to Reading games now because I want to go, it's a form of enjoyment. Not too prove i'm a better fan than person a or person b. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about any of that. If I don't want to go then i won't, simple as that. Good luck to you if you want to go to all the games, been there done that, enjoyable yet expensive.

fair play mate

I missed 5 games in total last season, 2 of those I was out of the country, one I was at a family function, and the other two, lets just say that "The unofficial invitation to the general public to enter the Madejski Stadium had been withdrawn, as far as I was concerned".

I'm not going to United. I've been twice in 2007 and don't have pockets as deep as I would like. Given the choice of shelling out, or watching it on the telly, I'd rather save the money this time round.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 06 Aug 2007 22:50

Alan Partridge Personally speaking

£39 minimum

+

£20 minimum travelling to get there

+

another £20 or so on programme, beer etc

so around £80, to go to a ground i've been to twice, to see us lose.

Or

Sit in the pub for free and see it and not have to travel 3 hours home after.

yep cya.

Pretty much how I feel about away games this season. Skinted myself to get to nearly all away games last year and found the Premiership is totally overhyped and I cannot be bothered with many this year.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 07 Aug 2007 04:04

Been to Old Trafford before so not paying the silly price to go up there again when Sky is showing it.

I'll take my chances on us not getting anything up there and save my efforts for more likely victories.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 07 Aug 2007 07:58

I never, ever thought that a day would come when a) Reading would play at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season and b) I would turn down the opportunity of going.

We've be warned for years that "real fans will be priced out of football" but now it's actually happening. Very sad, but entirely predictable.

My away trips this year will be limited to 3 or 4, and next year I expect my season ticket will be relinquished aswell - unless prices go down.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Aug 2007 08:40

Woodcote Royal still can't see any reduction in ticket demand.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2007 08:48

Simply can't begin to justify spending over £100 on 90 mins of football at a place where like it or not we're likely to get stuffed. 10 years ago I would have gone regardless but now if I go away I'm going to spend my money going to games that I realistically think we'll have a chance of getting something.

Having said that I hardly go away at all now as don't like giving over the majority of my weekend to sitting in a car or train to watch something I can see at home every other week or on TV more times than not.

1418 posts