The best idea ever!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The best idea ever!

by brendywendy » 18 May 2008 18:54

we already have a system for deciding where one should sit

if you wish to sing all game-east stand-the more singing the closer to the away fans
if you like synchronised clapping along with a truly talented drummer-who isnt half as annoying as this bloke, and thats saying something-north stand
and the west stand if you want to sit in quiet contemplation eating yr prawn sarnies

and i dont even know where the mad stand is you numpty

now feck orf

reading fc rock leroylero

by reading fc rock leroylero » 18 May 2008 19:07

A simpler idea would be to charge more money for different area's of the ground.

That way the poorer and stereotypically more vocal fans will be only be able to afford the shit seats, thus being all together.
and visa-versa for the richer stereotypically quieter fans. :roll:

End of.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 May 2008 19:20

reading fc rock leroylero A simpler idea would be to charge more money for different area's of the ground.

That way the poorer and stereotypically more vocal fans will be only be able to afford the shit seats, thus being all together.

End of.

Best piece of bullshit I've heard in a long time!

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 18 May 2008 19:36

reading fc rock leroylero A simpler idea would be to charge more money for different area's of the ground.

End of.

Oh dear..... equating disposable income with noise is a dangerous comparison, but I will leave it there....

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 18 May 2008 19:37

End of.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 18 May 2008 20:34

Having a good job means you can't be passionate about your team :roll:

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 May 2008 21:14

RTFC Drummer People often complain about the poor atmosphere at Mad Stand but I have come up with an idea to solve this and make it the best atmosphere in the Championship. The club should send surveys to each season ticket holder and fans what have membership cards. They then ask them: Are you vocal at matches and sing all day long? Do you sing and chant no matter what the score is? Do you go to away games and sing as loud as you can? Do often told to sit down when you’re chanting for the Royals? Are you a committed fan who will chant and sing even if Reading goes down?

Then after everyone has completed the survey the clubs then choose were to seat the fans who chant and sing all day long to make the best possible atmosphere at Reading FC. You then put have other sections were people do chant occasionally and some fans who don't chant at all. This is so the place is a electric no matter what the score is and not more like a power cut.

What do you think of the idea?

This idea is great, it will work but you lot seem to think the atmosphere is amazing, well its not and is more like being at a funeral. The West Stand is not vocal at all you can hear a pin drop its so poor, South Stand is no better with familes just wanting to do nothing to improve the atmosphere and they are also right next to the away fans but a uasual the away fans outsing them by miles, The East Stand is not that good with people only singing when they are winning or the ref is poor otherwise the fans don't get behind the team enough when they are loosing. The North is even worse with only a small section of fans singing, the rest of reading fans are reading newspapers and watching the game in pure silence.

THE TRUTH HURTS

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 18 May 2008 21:23

So would a drum stick to your left testicle!

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 May 2008 21:26

Royalshow So would a drum stick to your left testicle!

Go back to the West Stand were you have a picnic.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2008 22:04

RTFC Drummer
RTFC Drummer People often complain about the poor atmosphere at Mad Stand but I have come up with an idea to solve this and make it the best atmosphere in the Championship. The club should send surveys to each season ticket holder and fans what have membership cards. They then ask them: Are you vocal at matches and sing all day long? Do you sing and chant no matter what the score is? Do you go to away games and sing as loud as you can? Do often told to sit down when you’re chanting for the Royals? Are you a committed fan who will chant and sing even if Reading goes down?

Then after everyone has completed the survey the clubs then choose were to seat the fans who chant and sing all day long to make the best possible atmosphere at Reading FC. You then put have other sections were people do chant occasionally and some fans who don't chant at all. This is so the place is a electric no matter what the score is and not more like a power cut.

This idea is great, it will work but you lot seem to think the atmosphere is amazing, well its not and is more like being at a funeral. The West Stand is not vocal at all you can hear a pin drop its so poor, South Stand is no better with familes just wanting to do nothing to improve the atmosphere and they are also right next to the away fans but a uasual the away fans outsing them by miles, The East Stand is not that good with people only singing when they are winning or the ref is poor otherwise the fans don't get behind the team enough when they are loosing. The North is even worse with only a small section of fans singing, the rest of reading fans are reading newspapers and watching the game in pure silence.

THE TRUTH HURTS

Sorry, it's a shit idea. I stand and sing at games but if you think for one moment I'd put up with being moved without my say so just because some spotty 13 yr old twerp who wants to make oxf*rd signs at the away fans thinks he's more worthy of my seat, they'd find me going somewhere else for my Saturday afternoon entertainment. And it sure as oxf*rd wouldn't be Scours Lane either.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 18 May 2008 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 18 May 2008 22:08

RTFC Drummer
Royalshow So would a drum stick to your left testicle!

Go back to the West Stand were you have a picnic.

yeah because i sit there u knob jocky.Right about the picnics though :roll:

namroyal

by namroyal » 18 May 2008 22:12

papereyes I have a better idea.

Stick your cock in a blender and press the button.

Please.

That's just plain kinky... you've been watching too many of Leroy's videos.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 May 2008 22:24

The South Stand isn't full of people who don't want to sing, it's full of people who don't know what to sing because they don't go to all the matches and don't know what to do. The more vocal East Stand is drowned out by the away fans by the time it gets to the home supporters in the South Stand so that 'Blue army' sounds like 'Rory', 'Reading' sounds like 'Wooden' and 'Steve Coppell's barmy army' is a garbled mass. There are people who do know what they're doing there, but they feel like they're the only person making any noise.

I suggest you get your drum over there and start teaching the lost souls the words so that they can join in.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 18 May 2008 22:29

this is all well and good....but lets face it....at reading the only fans that sing loud and proud are east stand!!!!

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 18 May 2008 22:31

Sarah Star The South Stand isn't full of people who don't want to sing, it's full of people who don't know what to sing because they don't go to all the matches and don't know what to do. The more vocal East Stand is drowned out by the away fans by the time it gets to the home supporters in the South Stand so that 'Blue army' sounds like 'Rory', 'Reading' sounds like 'Wooden' and 'Steve Coppell's barmy army' is a garbled mass. There are people who do know what they're doing there, but they feel like they're the only person making any noise.

I suggest you get your drum over there and start teaching the lost souls the words so that they can join in.

Please don't encourage this knob to go anywhere near our stadium. I would rather sit in absolute silence than have to listen to him bang his fecking drum.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 18 May 2008 23:38

Sarah Star The South Stand isn't full of people who don't want to sing, it's full of people who don't know what to sing because they don't go to all the matches and don't know what to do. The more vocal East Stand is drowned out by the away fans by the time it gets to the home supporters in the South Stand so that 'Blue army' sounds like 'Rory', 'Reading' sounds like 'Wooden' and 'Steve Coppell's barmy army' is a garbled mass. There are people who do know what they're doing there, but they feel like they're the only person making any noise.

Go to an away game, it's the easiest way to get the hang of it

TBF everyone apart from Utd and Liverpool sing pretty much the same songs....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 May 2008 00:18

RTFC Drummer

THE TRUTH HURTS

It does hurt. Absolutely right.

Our support is SH*T, and we don't deserve to be a Prem team. Not last season not season after next.

Our support is a disgrace. It's true and it hurts. Agree 100%.

Fulham won the cup final against us at the Madstad because, quite frankly, they deserve it, we don't. We were silent all game, they weren't.

Simple as.

I'm delighted someone like you is trying to something about it, even if it means pointing to the truth, hurtful or not.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 May 2008 00:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup Fulham won the cup final against us at the Madstad because, quite frankly, they deserve it, we don't. We were silent all game, they weren't.

So it had nothing to do with the fact that their team is LOADS better than ours?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 May 2008 08:00

I think we should replace competitive football with an Eisteddfod - it's not how good you are on the pitch that matters, after all.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 19 May 2008 08:32

Platypuss I think we should replace competitive football with an Eisteddfod - it's not how good you are on the pitch that matters, after all.

Not like you to advocate something that's traditionally 'Welsh', 'Puss!