Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Cureton's Volley » 19 Mar 2015 20:24

P!ssed Off 1 per season ticket holder, great news and anyone moaning that they won't be able to bring along their Mrs or their mother can piss off.

I'm not interested in the "I went to Deby (a) and Huddersfield (a), where's my ticket?" crowd either. Going to 2 or 3 games does not entitle you to anything.

If you're considering giving up your season ticket because the club wouldn't let you bring your casual of a mate to the club's biggest ever game then good riddance I say.

Well said.

IMO the atmosphere will be better with less part-timers, kids & WAGS.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 19 Mar 2015 20:27

RE: The kids - they have plenty of time to climb the pecking order. Furthermore, this might be the last Wembley visit for older Royals, why should they miss out anymore than kids?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Mar 2015 20:27

Personally I would like a few hundred tickets to go to our Muslim community in Reading regardless of loyalty points. Would be a nice gesture to try and get them more involved with the club.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Mar 2015 20:30

No Fixed Abode Personally I would like a few hundred tickets to go to our Muslim community in Reading regardless of loyalty points. Would be a nice gesture to try and get them more involved with the club.
+1
Maybe our Chelsea wing could forfeit theirs

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2015 20:31

If kids haven't been alive longer than that's their own fault. Should have saved their money and spent it on an ST rather than wasting it on pick and mix and toys the little bastards.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 19 Mar 2015 20:38

No Fixed Abode Personally I would like a few hundred tickets to go to our Muslim community in Reading regardless of loyalty points. Would be a nice gesture to try and get them more involved with the club.

A nice gesture because???? Why does any 'community' need a gesture. Give away some home game tickets if you must. There are usually plenty of those that no one wants.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Mar 2015 20:38

It's impossible for the club to have a system that keeps everyone happy but that's an absolute pisser for me.

I have two sons living in Glasgow who go to literally every game they can but these are not sufficient to have 300+ points. The only game we played when they were down for Christmas was Huddersfield away and they insisted on going. Despite growing up in Glasgow for 12 years they've resisted the temptation of Premiership clubs or the likes of Rangers/Celtic. I'm absolutely gutted I won't be able to go to this game with them and, unless I can conjour something up, they (or me) may not go at all.

At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

I can see the argument about why should mates of season tickets get priority but, in reality, many of the +1's will be members with significant points rather than total daytrippers and the season ticket holders have been given sod all for their commitment.

Not saying I won't renew next year but have gone from definite to considering my options.

:cry:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Mar 2015 20:42

Bide your time

Queue up with the rest of us scumbags, you'll get exactly what you want ( see previous post 8 or 9 up)

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Mar 2015 20:46

theresayakonthepitch

A nice gesture because???? Why does any 'community' need a gesture. Give away some home game tickets if you must. There are usually plenty of those that no one wants.

So it's ok for migrant Muslims to come over here and take our places in hospitals, but as soon as it affects you, with some of them taking your football ticket, it's not ok.

Thanks for proving a point. No personal insult intended.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 19 Mar 2015 20:50

sandman If kids haven't been alive longer then that's their own fault.

It's the parents I blame.

*Though tbf didn't TBM have his kids at about 14.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 19 Mar 2015 20:53

STH's holders are crying over not getting the +1's and wanting to bring someone who basically won't get one under the policy announced by the club earlier tonight. I've got well over 1500 points, but not had a season ticket for a couple of years. I'm still doing 10+ home games a season though, plus the odd away game here and there. If thousands of non-Madejski attending family members got a ticket in front of me, I would be proper fuming.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2015 20:57

Zammo STH's holders are crying over not getting the +1's and wanting to bring someone who basically won't get one under the policy announced by the club earlier tonight. I've got well over 1500 points, but not had a season ticket for a couple of years. I'm still doing 10+ home games a season though, plus the odd away game here and there. If thousands of non-Madejski attending family members got a ticket in front of me, I would be proper fuming.

Got no problem personally, the five people who have asked me if I can get them tickets might though.

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 19 Mar 2015 21:00

The club have got this spot on. I'm a season ticket holder and if I was given a plus 1, I would have offered it up and it most likely would have been taken by a mate who doesn't support Reading. Whilst this may enhance my experience, it wouldn't be fair that a Reading supporter could miss out as a result. I cant see why people are struggling to understand the reason the club are taking this approach is to best ensure that every seat in the Reading end is occupied by a Reading fan. This is not only the fairest approach but it should guarantee the best possible the atmosphere as well.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 21:02

Agreed Zac, except that isn't in any respect the case that was being made for STH+1.
There would be complaints either way, the club had to make a decision. They have gone for spreading the tickets widely whilst making life awkward for many of their most important supporters (in financial terms )
As others have said, no complaints, just disappointment

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2015 21:18

Just in case anyone missed it on the OS
Please bear in mind that as time passes, the availability of seats is affected.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2015 21:19

Pepe the Horseman Just in case anyone missed it on the OS
Please bear in mind that as time passes, the availability of seats is affected.

Then they need to hurry up and tell us where the drummer will be sitting.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Mar 2015 21:21

Schards#2 It's impossible for the club to have a system that keeps everyone happy but that's an absolute pisser for me.

I have two sons living in Glasgow who go to literally every game they can but these are not sufficient to have 300+ points. The only game we played when they were down for Christmas was Huddersfield away and they insisted on going. Despite growing up in Glasgow for 12 years they've resisted the temptation of Premiership clubs or the likes of Rangers/Celtic. I'm absolutely gutted I won't be able to go to this game with them and, unless I can conjour something up, they (or me) may not go at all.

At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

I can see the argument about why should mates of season tickets get priority but, in reality, many of the +1's will be members with significant points rather than total daytrippers and the season ticket holders have been given sod all for their commitment.

Not saying I won't renew next year but have gone from definite to considering my options.

+1
Spot on Schards

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 19 Mar 2015 21:25

Nameless Agreed Zac, except that isn't in any respect the case that was being made for STH+1.
There would be complaints either way, the club had to make a decision. They have gone for spreading the tickets widely whilst making life awkward for many of their most important supporters (in financial terms )

I disagree. The most important fans are the ones with the most membership points as they have put the most money into the club. I think games like this should be 100% based on points. Long term loyalty is then rightly rewarded.

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 19 Mar 2015 21:33

North Somerset Royal
Schards#2 It's impossible for the club to have a system that keeps everyone happy but that's an absolute pisser for me.

+1
Spot on Schards

So you want to reward your loyalty by offering tickets to those who are not loyal to the club at all (in many cases). Nice one.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 21:38

Osborns scoop
Nameless Agreed Zac, except that isn't in any respect the case that was being made for STH+1.

I disagree. The most important fans are the ones with the most membership points as they have put the most money into the club. I think games like this should be 100% based on points. Long term loyalty is then rightly rewarded.

Not unreasonable.
However STH are the ones currently putting money in, and most likely to buy ST next season.
The way the semi has been done does reward both pretty equally. If you have a decent number of points you get a ticket. Pretty fair really.

2002 posts