Next Seasons Kit

638 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Next Seasons Kit

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Jul 2010 11:31

We always come up with better ones on here, thay the 'actual' shirts.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jul 2010 11:37

Isaac Hunt Have RFC ever consulted fans over a kit design? I can't recall it ever happening.

I know that other clubs have sometimes given the fans 3 or 4 options and asked them to choose.

Given the amount of negative comments, pretty much every time we change kits, it might be worth STAR raising this question at some stage.

I raised this point with them a few seasons ago and their view was 'it's too easy to get hijacked' for use of a better term. That other fans could find it hilarious to vote on the worst looking one, which from the look of the last few years has happened anyway.

A fair few clubs do it, then you contact the club via email to decide the favourite. As long as it's not just a tickbox on the website, but email with member numbers and all that jazz, it's really a lot of pointless effort for any wannabe comedians to do to rig the vote.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2010 11:40

Rawlie19 And, you don't like it, don't buy it! Nobody's forcing anybody else into purchases.

I don't ever buy any of the replica shirts thanks and certainly wouldn't get this one if I did.

I do still have to put up with this being the most recognisable image of my team for however long it is until they decide to launch another one and so I happen to have an opinion on what it looks like.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 09 Jul 2010 11:42

readingfc13

That goal keepers kit, is HIDEOUS! Looks as though somebody as been munching purple crayons and just puked out some rough purple pattern onto a shirt :shock:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2010 11:44

Alan Partridge
Isaac Hunt Have RFC ever consulted fans over a kit design? I can't recall it ever happening.

I know that other clubs have sometimes given the fans 3 or 4 options and asked them to choose.

Given the amount of negative comments, pretty much every time we change kits, it might be worth STAR raising this question at some stage.

I raised this point with them a few seasons ago and their view was 'it's too easy to get hijacked' for use of a better term. That other fans could find it hilarious to vote on the worst looking one, which from the look of the last few years has happened anyway.

A fair few clubs do it, then you contact the club via email to decide the favourite. As long as it's not just a tickbox on the website, but email with member numbers and all that jazz, it's really a lot of pointless effort for any wannabe comedians to do to rig the vote.

They could easily do it with a postal vote card to member card holders, or by emai for those that they've got email addresses for. I wouldn't expect them to go 100% with the response, but it might be an idea to do some consultation on it.

Has anyone ever heard of them holding a focus group or anything like that on the kit?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2010 11:46

No goalkeepers away kit? I assume it won't be dark as that'll clash with the outfield players.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 09 Jul 2010 11:51

mauve keepers?
Not ghey at all :roll:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2010 11:57

Also, no third kit?

havoc

by havoc » 09 Jul 2010 12:05

Kitson12 You really are an idiot. They give the opportunity for people who can't or don't want to drive/pay through the nose for public transport to go to away games.

lol @ you calling anyone an idiot after your performance on this thread.

and yeah, STAR book a few buses once a fortnight, gr8 work

havoc

by havoc » 09 Jul 2010 12:07

YateleyRoyal Also, no third kit?

:|

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 09 Jul 2010 12:10

Last season's away kit. HTH

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 Jul 2010 12:25

Kitson12

Last season's away kit. HTH

The orange one from last year and the year before that

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Jul 2010 12:25

Having looked more closely at the kit, oh dear.

Who at the club, made the decision to go with this design?

The idea is to pick a nice design so the kit so the club shift a lot of units. The club obviously have enough money not to worry about kit sales.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 Jul 2010 12:39

How close did you look and why? :?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 09 Jul 2010 12:39

Hoop Blah
Alan Partridge I raised this point with them a few seasons ago and their view was 'it's too easy to get hijacked' for use of a better term. That other fans could find it hilarious to vote on the worst looking one, which from the look of the last few years has happened anyway.

They could easily do it with a postal vote card to member card holders, or by emai for those that they've got email addresses for. I wouldn't expect them to go 100% with the response, but it might be an idea to do some consultation on it.

Has anyone ever heard of them holding a focus group or anything like that on the kit?

The problem is that if they put 4 kits up to the vote and they got something like 20%, 20% 20% & 40%, of the votes each, the winning one is the one that 60% of the voters didn't want, so the whole process loses credibility. It's only worth doing if one kit gets over 50%, which is only really likely if you have only two selections - which is hardly real choice.

Can anyone see any parallells here with our current elctoral system ;-)

Gobsheik

Re: The New Kit

by Gobsheik » 09 Jul 2010 12:44

It looks like something designed down TKMAX!!!!!!!!! Awful.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Jul 2010 12:51

Sarah Star How close did you look and why? :?

I looked so I could get a glimpse of Simon Church's todger in the official photshoot

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jul 2010 12:54

The annual 'I hate the new kit thread' is on Club Policies isn't it ?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Jul 2010 13:09

Rank! Yet another crap home shirt that I won't be buying. Why can't they just stop messing around with it. Last year it was the collar & this year it was the hoops they screwed up.

Does a blind person design these kits or what? Cannot remember the last time I liked the home shirt. Away shirt it is then.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jul 2010 13:11

sawyers left arm Where have all the threads gone, this really is changing for changing sake, the new kit is awful.
Problem is there are plenty of mugs out there that buy the shirts year on year, good luck but I won't be ripped off with this unfinished article.
New kits are aimed at those who buy a new one for the sake of it regardless of whether it is awful or not.

However that is a awfull home shirt, worse I've ever seen and absolutely no chance I will ever buy it and I expect some of those who buy regardless will actually have second thoughts this time, particularly as there's a recession on.

638 posts