Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Ouroboros » 19 Mar 2015 21:41

Pepe the Horseman Just in case anyone missed it on the OS
Please bear in mind that as time passes, the availability of seats is affected.

Rofl

Does it go up or down though?

Lucky Libran

by Lucky Libran » 19 Mar 2015 21:44

Schards#2 It's impossible for the club to have a system that keeps everyone happy but that's an absolute pisser for me.

I have two sons living in Glasgow who go to literally every game they can but these are not sufficient to have 300+ points. The only game we played when they were down for Christmas was Huddersfield away and they insisted on going. Despite growing up in Glasgow for 12 years they've resisted the temptation of Premiership clubs or the likes of Rangers/Celtic. I'm absolutely gutted I won't be able to go to this game with them and, unless I can conjour something up, they (or me) may not go at all.

At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

I can see the argument about why should mates of season tickets get priority but, in reality, many of the +1's will be members with significant points rather than total daytrippers and the season ticket holders have been given sod all for their commitment.

Not saying I won't renew next year but have gone from definite to considering my options.

:cry:

Yeah, bit of a shame, but as they say, "I'm alright, Jack"

X

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 19 Mar 2015 21:49

Nameless
Osborns scoop
Nameless Agreed Zac, except that isn't in any respect the case that was being made for STH+1.
There would be complaints either way, the club had to make a decision. They have gone for spreading the tickets widely whilst making life awkward for many of their most important supporters (in financial terms )
As others have said, no complaints, just disappointment

I disagree. The most important fans are the ones with the most membership points as they have put the most money into the club. I think games like this should be 100% based on points. Long term loyalty is then rightly rewarded.

Not unreasonable.
However STH are the ones currently putting money in, and most likely to buy ST next season.
The way the semi has been done does reward both pretty equally. If you have a decent number of points you get a ticket. Pretty fair really.

Yep, it is fair. Regardless how much people protest and claim most STH+1s will be members with lots of points, this simply wouldn't be true in many cases. Also, STHs get first dibs! That is a significant advantage over everyone else. We can't have it all!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Mar 2015 21:52

Schards#2 At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

Valid and you only have to look at the average attendance for this season in the Championship 16,801 which is over 2,000 down on last season from 19,171.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Mar 2015 21:52

Seeing as most of the people on here are disappointed that they can't take RFC supporters who for one reason or another can't make many games, I think it's a rubbish argument to say ST holders will give them to day trippers or Arsenal fans. If we were to get to final I doubt we'd get many more allocated either

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 22:03

Osborns scoop Yep, it is fair. Regardless how much people protest and claim most STH+1s will be members with lots of points, this simply wouldn't be true in many cases. Also, STHs get first dibs! That is a significant advantage over everyone else. We can't have it all!

It's pure speculation to suggest STH would find random people with no previous interest in football to accompany them. I don't think it likely...
And in reality first dibs is meaningless in this context when 35,000 are going to get tickets. It's just a way of spreading sales which sadly may have the reverse effect as STH have to wait to get tickets with friends in points bands.

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 19 Mar 2015 22:06

RG30
Schards#2 At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

Valid and you only have to look at the average attendance for this season in the Championship 16,801 which is over 2,000 down on last season from 19,171.

But the advantage you want is to be able to offer tickets to whoever you want to before other loyal fans get the opportunity to get their hands on them, which just isn't fair. The reward for current season ticket holders should and probably will be to renew next season at a reduced price, along with first dibs on big cup games.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 19 Mar 2015 22:06

No Fixed Abode
theresayakonthepitch
No Fixed Abode Personally I would like a few hundred tickets to go to our Muslim community in Reading regardless of loyalty points. Would be a nice gesture to try and get them more involved with the club.

A nice gesture because???? Why does any 'community' need a gesture. Give away some home game tickets if you must. There are usually plenty of those that no one wants.

So it's ok for migrant Muslims to come over here and take our places in hospitals, but as soon as it affects you, with some of them taking your football ticket, it's not ok.

Thanks for proving a point. No personal insult intended.

And what point is it I have proved exactly???

I think any suggestion to give away tickets to the most important game in years to any group of people that if they gave a crap would already be going to games and have points to get a ticket in the same way as the rest of us, is almost as bad as the idea of giving STHs + 1.

Who else should get freebies I wonder?

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 19 Mar 2015 22:10

I've decided that it's too expensive, but I have plenty of points so will be giving my potential ticket to my m8's Liverpool supporting wife.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Mar 2015 22:14

Wizard I've decided that it's too expensive

Huh? Aren't you on train driving wages?

Royal212

by Royal212 » 19 Mar 2015 22:22

Any STH who is not attending Wembley, please get into contact with me. Need one ticket on behalf of my dad. Have 3 ST but my dad does not. We all want to sit together. Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2015 22:23

There's a lot of strawmanning going on on both sides here.

The only real complaint about this system is that it means that it divides up the ability to get tickets together for STHs and their friends who are regulars (or their children who aren't old enough to have built up huge points or have a STH this year), but don't have 1500+ points. It's not about bringing people who don't go regularly, or aren't 'real' fans. It's about having to choose between a decent seat and sitting with chums who'll probably still be able to get tickets a little later anyway, in a crappier seat.

And the only person really going off on one was theresayakonthepitch, with his 25 posts (70%+ of his total) on the subject.

pedrowj

by pedrowj » 19 Mar 2015 22:28

So alot of talk about tickets and i am fearing that i wont be able to get enough myself, so i thought i would take some action.
i would like to ask any season Ticket holders that are NOT going to use there ticket allocation to contact me, so i could use it.

thanks in advance, if anyone finds this unfair, im just trying my best to support the mighty Royals.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 22:29

It's not even about getting better seats, Wembley seats are all equally comfortable and there are no pillars.
STH getting +1 if that +1 had a member card with a number of points would have been nice. Would have meant no one missed out but STH ensure seats with friends/family. Small but important benefit with no real downside for anyone.
But it ain't happening and I'm thinking enough angst has been poured out.
Now just got to decide whether to queue over night or get up early and hope the line doesn't reach the motorway.
Will there be bacon baps on sale ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Mar 2015 22:30

Any posters with single figure post counts are really not going to get anyone to hand over tickets to them.

Touts, Gooners, JCL ?

Royal212

by Royal212 » 19 Mar 2015 22:41

Nameless Any posters with single figure post counts are really not going to get anyone to hand over tickets to them.

Touts, Gooners, JCL ?

In response to this post, I generally do have 3 season tickets. Can provide photo evidence if need be. I am as loyal as they come. Held a season ticket for almost 10 years. Just want a chance to sit with my dad at Wembley, as oppossed to him sitting on his own. Thank you.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Mar 2015 22:54

Osborns scoop
North Somerset Royal
Schards#2 It's impossible for the club to have a system that keeps everyone happy but that's an absolute pisser for me.

I have two sons living in Glasgow who go to literally every game they can but these are not sufficient to have 300+ points. The only game we played when they were down for Christmas was Huddersfield away and they insisted on going. Despite growing up in Glasgow for 12 years they've resisted the temptation of Premiership clubs or the likes of Rangers/Celtic. I'm absolutely gutted I won't be able to go to this game with them and, unless I can conjour something up, they (or me) may not go at all.

At the start of the season, it was pretty clear we were going to have a difficult season and we had many fans rejoicing in telling us they weren't renewing their season ticket. Now, the loyalest fans who renewed despite knowing it was going to be shit find they have virtually no advantage over these people who walked away from the club at the first sign of a season when we were going to struggle.

I can see the argument about why should mates of season tickets get priority but, in reality, many of the +1's will be members with significant points rather than total daytrippers and the season ticket holders have been given sod all for their commitment.

Not saying I won't renew next year but have gone from definite to considering my options.

:cry:

+1
Spot on Schards

So you want to reward your loyalty by offering tickets to those who are not loyal to the club at all (in many cases). Nice one.

Personally I am not bothered. In fact it solves a problem that would have arisen if I had been allowed a +1 as I have 2 sons who want to go. However given the very low attendances of late I think that the club should have taken the opportunity to give something back to the ST holders who have stuck by them.

Your comment implies that the non ST holders who will benefit are more loyal supporters than the children and other +1's mentioned by various posters. However the official attendance,at the last home league game was 14748 of which 1116 were Brighton fans. Given that it includes all ST holders whether present or not I think that shows that there are in fact very few non ST members who you can claim as "loyal". The reality is that the points scheme has been going so long that even very casual attenders have built up more than 300 points.

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 19 Mar 2015 23:01

I just cameeee to sayyyyy TBM is a oxf*rd....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOU3bnuU0k

background music to go with my sick lyrics.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 19 Mar 2015 23:02

Royal Lady Seeing as most of the people on here are disappointed that they can't take RFC supporters who for one reason or another can't make many games, I think it's a rubbish argument to say ST holders will give them to day trippers or Arsenal fans. If we were to get to final I doubt we'd get many more allocated either

I can absolutely guarantee that if we did get to the final that we would get considerably fewer. Last year Arsenal and Hull were allocated 25,000 each. 20,000 to the "football family" and balance to Club Wembley members.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 19 Mar 2015 23:09

Osborns scoop
Nameless Agreed Zac, except that isn't in any respect the case that was being made for STH+1.
There would be complaints either way, the club had to make a decision. They have gone for spreading the tickets widely whilst making life awkward for many of their most important supporters (in financial terms )
As others have said, no complaints, just disappointment

I disagree. The most important fans are the ones with the most membership points as they have put the most money into the club. I think games like this should be 100% based on points. Long term loyalty is then rightly rewarded.

Disagree with this. I haven't had a season ticket for 2 years now, although rarely miss a game. Fortunate to get a few freebies a season which make the s/t not a good deal financially. I have accumulated over 2,000 points over the years but in my opinion season ticket holders should have priority over people like me.

2002 posts