Next Seasons Kit

638 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next Seasons Kit

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2010 14:08

You say it won't have any effect, which is probably true BUT...

If players feel comfortable, imposing, look the part etc in a kit it gives them a boost. That's why Pardew requested certain changes in the kit, it's why Revie got Leeds into the all white kit, and I remember Dillon saying the players were much happier with a decent kit to play in when we went from the Hat Painting TV interference shirts to the Mizuno/Brookes proper hoops shirt.

It might just be a bit of psycho-babble but some people will argue it might make a bit of a difference (although I'd say it's pretty small fry in the grand scheme of things).

At the end of the day Puma and the Club presumably pay quite a bit of money to pick out the right shirt so why not try and match it up to what the fans want (even if that means the current fan base want a tin pot one like this effort).

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jul 2010 14:16

Hoop Blah
At the end of the day Puma and the Club presumably pay quite a bit of money to pick out the right shirt so why not try and match it up to what the fans want (even if that means the current fan base want a tin pot one like this effort).

Don't disagree !

There usually isn't much choice, given we just have a colour variant on whatever the standard template is for the season. But why not at least ask the fans in some way ? Personally I have no interest in endless kit variants. I'd happily just have exactly the same basic blue and white hoops every season rather than fall for the marketing tripe. But of course money talks... there really is no need to EVER change the kit IMHO. Assuming of course you have one you like to start with !!!!

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The New Kit

by Ark Royal » 09 Jul 2010 14:24

As somebody else alluded to earlier, I thought it was just bad resolution on my monitor when I first saw it. More repulsive than the last one and that took some doing.

The. Worst. Kit. Ever.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jul 2010 14:25

Ark Royal As somebody else alluded to earlier, I thought it was just bad resolution on my monitor when I first saw it. More repulsive than the last one and that took some doing.

The. Worst. Kit. Ever.

WTF do you know? This shirt is a million times better than the old gay sailor-boy nonsense we had last season. There would be ripped arseholes a-plenty if that shirt was worn in numbers when we go to Pompey.

X210

by X210 » 09 Jul 2010 14:31

How can Puma design a decent hoop shirt for Greenock Morton and not us?

http://www.themortonshop.com/

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jul 2010 14:33

X210 How can Puma design a decent hoop shirt for Greenock Morton and not us?

What's more telling are the launch dates of Morton's kits yet they still allow the punter to see what it is before the launch. Why the secrecy? Is the club afraid that there will be an army of thousands making knock-off replicas?

X210

by X210 » 09 Jul 2010 14:33

How can Puma design a Nice hoop shirt for Greenock Morton and not us?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 09 Jul 2010 14:33

I like them.

Gonna Purchase Both Home and Away this year.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jul 2010 14:37

I like the home shirt. The away shirt would have been perfect had it been a blue stripe instead of red.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jul 2010 14:53

The new kit is far and away the best kit since the kits we had in 2005/2006. Certainly it's vast improvement of the monstrosities we've had in the last couple of years.

And it does make a small amount of difference players, if you have a smart looking kit you'll feel a little bit more pride about the job in hand. OK it won't turn also rans into world beaters but it could add a bit to some player's mind sets.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Jul 2010 14:55

Same rubbish, different top as last year.
Goalkeeper will look like a plum.

Keep on swallowing boys and girls.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 09 Jul 2010 15:00

Barry the bird boggler The new kit is far and away the best kit since the kits we had in 2005/2006. Certainly it's vast improvement of the monstrosities we've had in the last couple of years.

And it does make a small amount of difference players, if you have a smart looking kit you'll feel a little bit more pride about the job in hand. OK it won't turn also rans into world beaters but it could add a bit to some player's mind sets.

This might be a matter of personal taste but how can you reconcile the 'street art' style hoops that look like something found in the skip round the back of the design office of 2012 Olympics? I admit the shirt itself looks good if it wasn't for that ridiculous feature.
Last edited by Stuka on 09 Jul 2010 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 09 Jul 2010 15:02

I wish we had the red lettering on the home kit like we did with the Westcoast ones. Loved my Cureton 12 in red. 8)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2010 15:04

Sun Tzu There usually isn't much choice, given we just have a colour variant on whatever the standard template is for the season.

This season though that isn't the case though is it? If it was we'd have the same kit as the other Puma hooped shirts but instead we have this ropey old number.

I agree that we should have a pretty standard regulation hooped shirt and not be changing it all the time. I can accept the club need to generate money by changing it a bit every now and again (two seasons according their pledge to STAR which they've gone back on for the last 3 (??) years) and so a few minor cosmetic changes to follow trends or just differentiate is fine.

If the asked the fans, which it sounds like we're agreed that they should, they might actually appreciate this a lot more than they do and stop dicking about with the garish designs we've had with the last couple of kits.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jul 2010 15:05

Ark Royal As somebody else alluded to earlier, I thought it was just bad resolution on my monitor when I first saw it. More repulsive than the last one and that took some doing.

The. Worst. Kit. Ever.

The kit revealed today is a vast improvement of the dreadful cr*p we've had in the last two seasons. Yes it could be better, the hoops could be properly coloured in for example, but overall it is a step in the right direction.

Finally if you don't like it, don't buy it. If the take up is poor then the club will perhaps take note and consider involving our views when they start considering next years designs (after all it can't be that hard to get member card holders to log into the website and indicate which design options they'd prefer). Perhaps STAR could push the club on that as well.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jul 2010 15:09

Hoop Blah
Sun Tzu There usually isn't much choice, given we just have a colour variant on whatever the standard template is for the season.

This season though that isn't the case though is it? If it was we'd have the same kit as the other Puma hooped shirts but instead we have this ropey old number.

I suspect we may be better reserving judgement a little until we've actually seen the kit though....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jul 2010 15:13

floyd__streete The blue hoops look like they have been drawn on freehand. All blue back to the home shirt. Blue shorts. A relegation kit if ever there was one. How can QPR can consistently turn out smarter looking blue and white hooped kits?

How can QPR consistently turn out a worse football team than us, despite spending so much more on players ?

As a suggestion, you swap your allegiance to them and be happy in a shirt you like and I'll keep wearing my Primark polo to games and support a decent team !!

I wonder which one of us has our priorities right :wink:

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 09 Jul 2010 15:18

:o :o :o :o
WHAT THE FCUK WERE THEY THINKING!?!?!?!?!?!?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Jul 2010 15:19

i don't know who decides on designs for new kits but that home one is another shocker, went ahead with just the away one in the end

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 09 Jul 2010 15:44

With the exception of the white lines, I like both the new kits. The Goalkeepers kit is hideous though.

638 posts