Bradford away- biggest game in years...

517 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Bradford away- biggest game in years...

by winchester_royal » 05 Mar 2015 16:16

M Brook
linkenholtroyal does anyone know what type of money it would bring to the club if we did get to the final and qualify for europe?? Just wondered you have to dream

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zt7djxs#z3stpv4

That page is an absolute mess

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2015 16:21

winchester_royal
Kitsondinho
Nameless A couple of sold out Wembley games would bring in a few million, plus added merchandise sales and probably a boost for ST for next season.

We'd probably lose out financially on being in Europe.

Can now only qualify for Europe if we win it. If we get to final against one of Arsenal, Liverpool or United (assuming they all get some form of European football through their PL placing) and lose then we get nothing. The FA Cup final loser's place now goes to the highest PL team that hasn't already qualifed for Europe. Hull were the final team to quailfy as losers.

Could be wrong, but ISTR a similar conversation on here a few days ago and someone pointing out that this is the last year that the runner up can qualify for Europe.

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/executiv ... 99120.html

You could be right looking at that, but it is so badly worded....which you would expect from UEFA.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 05 Mar 2015 16:34

Comes in next year. This is the last year where the runners up can qualify.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2015 16:36

parky Comes in next year. This is the last year where the runners up can qualify.

I was sure it has already changed, but happy to be proved wrong.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 05 Mar 2015 16:46

UEFA In the club competitions, and more specifically the UEFA Europa League, the question of whether domestic cup runners-up should qualify if cup winners qualify for the UEFA Champions League was once again debated. Most national associations thought this rule should be changed so that the place reserved for the domestic cup winner would go to the best-placed club in the league championship that had not already qualified for a UEFA competition. This change should come into force from the 2015/16 season.

But who knows if that means the 2015/16 FA Cup or the 2015/16 Europa League.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 05 Mar 2015 16:47

Kitsondinho
parky Comes in next year. This is the last year where the runners up can qualify.

Per the article linked a few posts above... "In response to another request by the member associations, the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings."

Seems to me that it affects the runner up of this years cup. It is for teams entering the Europa League in the 2015/16 season, in other words those that qualify this year. This is also in line with what I've heard during the broadcast of FA Cup games over here in the US for what its worth.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Mar 2015 17:08

Who wants to see a club in Reading's state get humiliated by some backwater non-entity from far off Azerbykrgystonia in the Johnstone's paint trophy of Europe though....

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 05 Mar 2015 18:17

We've got about a 2 hour drive to Bradford so were leaving bright and early on Saturday morning.

Where is the best place (that will be open), to have a couple drinks nearish the ground before the game then?

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 05 Mar 2015 18:41

RoyallyFcuked We've got about a 2 hour drive to Bradford so were leaving bright and early on Saturday morning.

Where is the best place (that will be open), to have a couple drinks nearish the ground before the game then?

Bradford arms

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2015 19:20

stl_royal
Kitsondinho

Per the article linked a few posts above... "In response to another request by the member associations, the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings."

Seems to me that it affects the runner up of this years cup. It is for teams entering the Europa League in the 2015/16 season, in other words those that qualify this year. This is also in line with what I've heard during the broadcast of FA Cup games over here in the US for what its worth.

I was at Arsenal v Hull final in Hull end (mate of mine works for local FA and offered me the chance to go.....will be gutted if we get there and I don't get a ticket!!) and I'm sure I read in prog that it was the last chance for the runner up to enter Europe. Also pretty sure it was mentioned on 5Live after the game.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Mar 2015 07:47

Sutekh Who wants to see a club in Reading's state get humiliated by some backwater non-entity from far off Azerbykrgystonia in the Johnstone's paint trophy of Europe though....

Me!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 06 Mar 2015 09:29

TRAVEL NEWS

Just spotted this on Bradford's website with regards to road closures for supporters travelling by car. http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news ... 16524.aspx

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Mar 2015 10:36

Err, that's just the stretch of Midland Rd running immediately alongside the ground.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 06 Mar 2015 10:38

From Despair To Where? Err, that's just the stretch of Midland Rd immediately outside the ground.

True - not major news! Unless you're dropping off the infirm.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Mar 2015 11:46

starliaison
From Despair To Where? Err, that's just the stretch of Midland Rd immediately outside the ground.

True - not major news! Unless you're dropping off the infirm.

Pretty harsh not to allow the Reading team to be dropped off outside the ground.

RoyalJack

by RoyalJack » 06 Mar 2015 14:05

Where will the team be staying?

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 06 Mar 2015 14:20

Platypuss
Sutekh Who wants to see a club in Reading's state get humiliated by some backwater non-entity from far off Azerbykrgystonia in the Johnstone's paint trophy of Europe though....

Me!

Me too

ParkySpecialOne

by ParkySpecialOne » 06 Mar 2015 16:27

Greetings all, Bradford fan in piece etc.

First of all safe trip to everyone travelling to Valley Parade tomorrow.

Anyway the main reason I have registered is to say that I have just seen a tweet from Reading saying that Sir John Madejski will be laying a wreath tomorrow at Valley Parade. TOTAL RESPECT for him doing this on behalf of your club and supporters. Gestures like this are remembered way after the game.

Enjoy the game where ever you're watching it regardless of the result.

(Edited thanks to 'Nameless' - cheers mate)
Last edited by ParkySpecialOne on 06 Mar 2015 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Mar 2015 16:41

The state of your pitch makes me think a reef may indeed be appropriate.

SJM (or someone else from the club) will be laying a wreath. Will come with thoughts from all true Royals

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 06 Mar 2015 17:03

That is some effort for Sir John to lay a reef up at Bradford tomorrow.

517 posts