Next Seasons Kit

638 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Next Seasons Kit

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Jul 2010 02:05

The new kit is definitely made by Kappa.

robb the royal

Re: The New Kit

by robb the royal » 11 Jul 2010 02:09

SLAMMED
robb the royal I'm pretty sure there is a ruling in the football league that shirts must have a plain colour block on the back of the shirt where the printing is, so the name and number can be read more clearly. thats why last years shirt was launched with proper hoops, but early in the season, the players started wearing shoirts with plain backs

It only had a block of white on the back when we were live on TV.

For all other games we still had the hoops all the way around. Clearly you only watched us on TV last year then, pLOLastic.

ok, it used to be a ruling then and I didn't realise it had changed again (the same as I didn't realise that they changed the rule, so you could change your home shirt every season again)
besides, last game of the season wasn't on tele, and they had a block on during that game.
And for the record, I am not a plastic, its just oxf*rd hard to get to Reading every single saturday when i am in Aberystwyth (look it up on a map) at university, so yeah, most of the games I saw last year were on tele, that doesn't mean I only supported us when we got good. I have been watching and supporting Reading since I was old enough to understand football. I went to as many games as I could last season, hell, I even worked at the madejski over the xmas holidays, just so I could get to football somehow.
So don't just assume that everyone who can't get to every game is a plastic. Besides, i noticed you joined in 2008 SLAMMED...we were premiership then weren't we? I have been on here since 2005... a season before we got promoted.... Im not trying to be childish or brag, but by that evidence, you are the plastic. so oxf*rd off with you're small minded point of view

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Jul 2010 10:39

There's never been a rule about how many times you change your shirts, it's just something clubs try to adhere to in order to give their fans better value for money on the shirts they buy.

The club did make some kind of 'promise' to STAR that they'd stick to it years ago but it seems they don't really give a shit about sticking to it.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 11 Jul 2010 10:48

Has anyone actually bought the shirt yet..?

Mine is on it's way up to Oldham currently, so I should be receiving it Monday/Tuesday with a bit of luck. Can anyone confirm that yes, the badge and puma logoare now sewn on as apposed to stuck on..?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Jul 2010 12:04

Indeed the badge is now sewn. I had to cop a feel yesterday.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 11 Jul 2010 12:26

You had to cop a feel..?

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 11 Jul 2010 12:37

RFCUK Has anyone actually bought the shirt yet..?

Mine is on it's way up to Oldham currently, so I should be receiving it Monday/Tuesday with a bit of luck. Can anyone confirm that yes, the badge and puma logoare now sewn on as apposed to stuck on..?

I was down at the stadium on Friday so decided to go into the megastore to check it out and yes, they are now sewn on not stuck on. The shirts all in all do feel a lot more quality made than previous shirts, although, even in the shop it seems as if the shorts are a different colour to the 'hoops' on the shirt which is slightly strange

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Jul 2010 12:54

RFCUK You had to cop a feel..?

Well yes. :| simply after being told it was still the cheapo plasticized version. A feel confirmed otherwise.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Jul 2010 16:50

The home shirt is so naff that it is almost cool.

I just wish we'd gone for the "printer out of ink" effect while we were sponsored by Kyocera!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 12 Jul 2010 11:59

Avon Royal The home shirt is so naff that it is almost cool.

I just wish we'd gone for the "printer out of ink" effect while we were sponsored by Kyocera!

We should have had this 'distressed' look for last season

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 12 Jul 2010 12:15

2011 S/S HOME SHIRT
The new Reading Home Shirt draws its inspiration from the PUMA v1.10 Silhouette. Featuring a natural hand-painted stripe graphic that is enthused by the motherlands of Africa

Can someone please track down the idiot at Puma who came up with this statement and shoot them.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jul 2010 12:49

What a load of tosh mckinley. :lol:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Jul 2010 13:13

Must admit I've gone off the home strip a bit since seeing it close up. It looks like they haven't lined up all the blue hoops and black lines properly. Definitely one that looks best from a distance, ie on the players.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jul 2010 13:15

Should have gone for the sytle of lazio's new puma kit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2010 13:22

No Fixed Abode Should have gone for the sytle of lazio's new puma kit.

Yergh. THat would look shit.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jul 2010 13:23

Lazio kit > Reading kit

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Jul 2010 13:26

Why are they sitting with their legs wide apart like that? :?

havoc

by havoc » 12 Jul 2010 13:31

No Fixed Abode Lazio kit > Reading kit

yep, the one on the right with white shorts and socks woulda been spot on

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 12 Jul 2010 14:04

Even that one looks like its been mocked up in MSPaint by a 10 year old that hasn't quite got the horizontal line spot on.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 12 Jul 2010 15:50

Sarah Star Why are they sitting with their legs wide apart like that? :?

Probably just had a certain operation for daddies who don't want to be new daddies again.

I think our new kit looks better than the Lazio ones however looking at the Partick Thistle yellow and red version of our kit it looks as though the hoops go right around unlike ours because there doesn't seem to be a plain side panel but I could be wrong.

638 posts