Academy Status

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Academy Status

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2013 15:26

The Premier League insist that the initial grade is only a ‘provisional categorisation’ and that clubs will be re-assessed on an ‘ongoing basis’ to ensure that meet the requirements of EPPP.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jan 2013 15:56

melonhead
The Premier League insist that the initial grade is only a ‘provisional categorisation’ and that clubs will be re-assessed on an ‘ongoing basis’ to ensure that meet the requirements of EPPP.

I'm pretty sure that's in respect of ensuring that those at the higher categories retain their status - like Ofsted style inspections - so they don't drop standards, as opposed to teams moving up into Cat 1 etc, which is at a formal points in the process. Love to be wrong.

Cypry

by Cypry » 01 Feb 2013 10:37

Was just checking out soccer school stuff for my lad for half term and spotted something interesting on the flyer....

Look at the fourth venue down for the Whitsun Half term week.......

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/documents/rf ... 613505.pdf

This was something I was told was coming as part of the push for Cat1 status, so it looks like we're still investing.....

Cypry

by Cypry » 21 Feb 2013 12:54

Cypry Was just checking out soccer school stuff for my lad for half term and spotted something interesting on the flyer....

Look at the fourth venue down for the Whitsun Half term week.......

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/documents/rf ... 613505.pdf

This was something I was told was coming as part of the push for Cat1 status, so it looks like we're still investing.....

Indeed, my lad was at the soccer school in the dome this week, and there's a brand spanking new, full size, floodlit, AstroTurf pitch behind the dome....