Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

145 posts

Would you like to see the hoops go all the way round the shirt?

YES
84%
NO
3%
DON'T CARE
12%

Total votes: 201
Negative_Jeff

Re: Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

by Negative_Jeff » 17 Feb 2012 01:58

Why not simply ask the miserable old git how he would like his hoops?

bripps

by bripps » 17 Feb 2012 14:27

Handsome Man I voted yes, but wouldn't mind a sky blue kit for a year or two though.

I def want hoops all the way round rather than horizontal stripes on the front of the kit. Gd suggestion from HM tho about the sky blue kit. I think my ideal would be:

Home - blue & white hooped shirt, white shorts, white socks.

Away - red & yellow hooped shirt, yellow shorts, yellow socks (like the one that was our third kit in 1993/94).

Third - sky blue/cyan shirt, blue shorts, blue socks.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 19 Feb 2012 18:01

bump

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 19 Feb 2012 19:01

Ok, well I'm going to Millwall away [or shall I reserve this for a home game?] so during the pre match build up I'll be gathering responses to the question of whether we should incorporate hoops all the way around, we should not or if they don't care either way.

I'll keep it anonymous but happy to do a bit of the leg work - should be able to get a fairly decent representation...no?

If STAR could help out in data gathering, it would be most appreciated.

I don't mind handling the data and presenting it for STAR to pass to the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Feb 2012 20:30

Tails Ok, well I'm going to Millwall away [or shall I reserve this for a home game?] so during the pre match build up I'll be gathering responses to the question of whether we should incorporate hoops all the way around, we should not or if they don't care either way.

I'll keep it anonymous but happy to do a bit of the leg work - should be able to get a fairly decent representation...no?

If STAR could help out in data gathering, it would be most appreciated.

I don't mind handling the data and presenting it for STAR to pass to the club.

Would suggest a home game is better, and anonymous might mean it's a bit open to being dismissed as less reliable. I'd offer to help at a home game, but I'm rarely early enough to do it when I can actually make it down.

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 22 Feb 2012 15:36

Can I make a suggestion that star/ club put a poll on the website, like player of the year vote, where you put your name and address. With added incentive of being the first to view the new kit and win the kit. If the club are unwilling to do this, would star be able to (without first viewing on the kit.) Advertise in the programme on stars page, and ask for the club to put a link up on the official site and facebook / Twitter sites. This way you will get more than just a small amount of people, that 1 will be stopped, and questioned. 2 not everyone could be bothered when they gotta queue for flat beer or look after children 3 not every supporter will be at the game you decide to do the poll. This way you would cover more supporters who want to have a voice.
Do something similar to after goal music. Thisway the club will be able to keep the majority of supporters happy, and when a complaint comes in against either they can use the stats from the poll to back their decision up

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Feb 2012 12:59

starliaison We regularly ask and apart from there being no way they will allow a public vote

Why not?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Mar 2012 15:22

Looks like the hoops will stay with the Royals squad veterans

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Mar 2012 17:49

floyd__streete
starliaison We regularly ask and apart from there being no way they will allow a public vote

Why not?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Mar 2012 07:36

Friday's Legacy
floyd__streete

Why not?

Sorry not been on lately.

The straightforward answer is because...

There are several reasons - the problem of stopping deliberate spoiling, the problem of the winner still not having a majority of votes (unless there are only 2 alternatives) and hence making more feel disenfranchised and because they don't want to.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 02 Mar 2012 07:38

Could the vote not be done so you have to enter your member number and email address for your account? That way there is no spoiling, no cheating, and no outsiders voting?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 02 Mar 2012 08:28

Does the club not allowing a public vote prevent STAR from canvasing opinion from their members? Say at the next AGM or fans Forum?

If the overwhelming majority want hoops of some form all the way round, then set up a "working party" to work with the club and the manufacturer to get a design suitable for all.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Mar 2012 08:52

weybridgewanderer

Does the club not allowing a public vote prevent STAR from canvasing opinion from their members? Say at the next AGM or fans Forum?

If the overwhelming majority want hoops of some form all the way round, then set up a "working party" to work with the club and the manufacturer to get a design suitable for all.

We have asked - for instance in the survey last year and the majority was in favour, but nothing as overwhelming as the vote here.

Also you all seem to believe one design is needed but as long as we have a contract with Puma we need a new design each year and like it or not each design has to be sufficiently different to encourage people to buy it :evil:

To give a crumb of comfort I understand the design for next season will be more acceptable.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 02 Mar 2012 08:55

starliaison
weybridgewanderer

We have asked - for instance in the survey last year and the majority was in favour, but nothing as overwhelming as the vote here.

Also you all seem to believe one design is needed but as long as we have a contract with Puma we need a new design each year and like it or not each design has to be sufficiently different to encourage people to buy it :evil:

To give a crumb of comfort I understand the design for next season will be more acceptable.

Brilliant.

Also, if kits really have to be that different each year to sell more shirts, how on earth do the likes of Sunderland cope with their perfect stripes, and kits ultimately (from a distance anyway) the same? It's a poor excuse from the club really.

And

Dare to Dr£am Could the vote not be done so you have to enter your member number and email address for your account? That way there is no spoiling, no cheating, and no outsiders voting?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 02 Mar 2012 13:55

If a manafacturer can't make a kit different enough each season keeping full hoops, they should probably become binmen instead

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Mar 2012 14:40

starliaison The straightforward answer is because...

There are several reasons - the problem of stopping deliberate spoiling, the problem of the winner still not having a majority of votes (unless there are only 2 alternatives) and hence making more feel disenfranchised and because they don't want to.

If the vote is on a generic Hoops vs Non Hoops basis then the result won't be split.

The club are running away from it because they want to be able to fleece the fans with Puma's ever changing range of largely naff template designs. That's why STAR should be applying all the pressure they can instead of seemingly accepting the clubs no as too difficult to lobby against.

Spoiling isn't an issue either. They do a vote for player of the year and don't seem to worry about that. They should really be interested in any content that is likely to drive interested traffic to their pretty bland website.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Mar 2012 14:43

West Stand Man I just love the way that the vocal minority on this board seem to think that they represent the majority view - with out testing that assertion.

If they were to be believed, the mass opnion is that post- goal music is to be abhorred and deleted. Yet week in week out we see the vast majority of the crowd dancing to it. Now we are to believe that HNA is the Oracle when it comes to club strips.

If it were really that critical to sales of the strip you can bet that the club would go for the full hoops option. The truth is that most fans who want a shirt will buy one regardless of the HNA view. The club's marketing simply needs to look at the numbers sold - and I am confident that they do.

Joining in with the naff post-goal music celebration is a lot more about wanting to enjoy the moment so having to embrace it and/or because it's good for goading the opposition fans than because it's something the fans think adds to the 'match day experience'. That's the general attitude amongst everyone I know who goes on a regular basis.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 02 Mar 2012 18:12

Dare to Dr£am Could the vote not be done so you have to enter your member number and email address for your account? That way there is no spoiling, no cheating, and no outsiders voting?

i imagine the club could do this via the official website and get us to log into the vote with our members details. it rules out interference from non-reading fans and open up the vote to over 20,000 members (figures the club released a couple of years ago).

star?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2012 18:27

Two part poll.

What is more important to you?
Reading the names and numbers on the back of the shirt, or hoops all the way round?
1) Names & Numbers
2) Hoops

Would you be happy with a compromise of a base template of Hoops all the way round with a plain section overlaid across the shoulders and centre of the back for the names and numbers?
1) Yes
2) No

Echo the member number approach to voting. Hell the club could even restrict it to member card numbers that have been to a game in the last couple of years, or have been to x number of games. Or a weighting system for the value of their vote based on their Royalty points. Obviously that's ludicrously complex, but it does prevent the "spoiling" argument.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Mar 2012 19:39

Poll one:
Hoops all the way around...I know what the players names are...I know their position and number

Poll two:
see poll one

We are reknowned for wearing hoops...we are currently not wearing hoops...and that's a let down

145 posts