FAO READING FC BOARD AND STEWARDS AND OB!!!

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 23 Oct 2006 23:42

Forbury Lion My local West Stand steward was terrible on Sunday, couldn't even get the gate thing hooked on properly. I felt like going down and fixing it on myself as it was irritating me.

You should write to John Madejski about that. DISGRACE.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Oct 2006 08:37

Mrs Butler I had a bottle of perfume and a body spray on me,.

Gayer.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Oct 2006 08:39

Mrs Butler ermmm i just wanted to point out.. i noticed how discriminating the club actually is..

Myself and a friend walked around the whole stadium on sunday before game, noticed how many people were being hand searched... bags checked e.t.c

I had a bottle of perfume and a body spray on me, so was panicking having them taken of me as my favourite.. got round to Upper West enterance and not one single steward in site...

Now i know the seats are slightly more expensive and are higher up... but to single us out from everyone else is slightly out of order..

Everyone knows the West Stand is where the quiet, well spoken posh people sit and it's us loud mouth, scum that sit in the East Stand :?
Kick it out!!

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 24 Oct 2006 10:16

Just before the game the announcer said that it was time for all "Loyal Royals to Stand Up and be counted" - he obviously meant to say "stand up, be counted and then kicked out"

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Oct 2006 11:06

WestCoast Life Just before the game the announcer said that it was time for all "*Loyal Royals to Stand Up and be counted" - he obviously meant to say "stand up, be counted and then kicked out"

You forgot to read the small print
* sit down and shut the oxf*rd up!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 24 Oct 2006 12:12

The_Cat
Rhys The Royal
The_Cat Also, why aren't you allowed to bring bottles with lids on into the stadium, I had two bottles of lucozade with me on sunday and the steward checking my bag to both the lids of which meant I had to drink them straight away.

They do this at alot of stadiums, it's to stop people using a bottle cap (of all things) as a missile.
But surely the actual bottle will be worse. And at half time you can buy bottles with lids on from the places which sell Chips anyway.

You are allowed to at the moment because bottles have not been thrown at the Madejski for the last few seasons. Some were thrown towards the CFC 'fans' and so I was told on Sunday that we are all under the threat of having all bottles decanted into cups rather than just having the tops removed. It is up to us whether we can be trusted or treated like little children, so can I ask those 'hard' people who throw things to think of the rest of us and not throw bottles.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Oct 2006 12:30

Is there any chance that the away fans can be (properly) searched for projectiles?

For the record if the away fans throw stuff at us I don't recommend throwing it back. The way the regime is at Reading F.C. at the moment the penalty for retaliating will be more severe then the original offence.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 24 Oct 2006 12:49

You should come into the North Stand, no such problems there. Our little area tends to stand quite a lot when any RFC player comes near the 18 yard box

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Oct 2006 14:03

Huntley & Palmer You should come into the North Stand, no such problems there. Our little area tends to stand quite a lot when any RFC player comes near the 18 yard box

Yes, and the result of that is that height-challenged people miss every bit of action within the goal and its immediate environs.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 24 Oct 2006 14:11

Not true, we have some altitude challenged people that sit in and around including a large number of kids under the age of 15. All seem to be happy to stand up and adopt the same idea, I sit two from an aisle so block no-one's view. It's easy if everyone co-operates and if someone had a particular problem with it then I would be more than happy to desist.

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Oct 2006 14:15

Not blaming you specifically, it's just I think when I sit with Sam1Reed, the angle from the seats to the goal is such that even if I stood up when everybody else does, I would still miss everything. I have missed every goal scored that end by Reading.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Oct 2006 15:50

You didn't miss any on Saturday, Glo. HTH. :wink:

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 24 Oct 2006 16:08

Royal Lady You didn't miss any on Saturday, Glo. HTH. :wink:

I wasn't going to <ahem> mention that! :wink:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 24 Oct 2006 17:10

Gloria Gooner I have missed every goal scored that end by Reading.

You missed Doyle's penalty? :shock:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Oct 2006 17:23

starliaison so can I ask those 'hard' people who throw things to think of the rest of us and not throw bottles.

Excellent point.

We should chuck coins at them instead.

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Oct 2006 23:22

Rhys The Royal
The_Cat Also, why aren't you allowed to bring bottles with lids on into the stadium, I had two bottles of lucozade with me on sunday and the steward checking my bag to both the lids of which meant I had to drink them straight away.

They do this at alot of stadiums, it's to stop people using a bottle cap (of all things) as a missile.

The tops are removed as if you throw a full bottle without a lid it loses impetus and volume in flight.....
At some grounds [Stoke, Watford etc] I have had bottles removed in toto.

Given that some arses were chucking stuff at Chelsea fans [and it really does not matter whether they started it] it was inevitable that things would be stricter.

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Oct 2006 23:30

Jerry St Clair
starliaison so can I ask those 'hard' people who throw things to think of the rest of us and not throw bottles.

Excellent point.

Mobile phones are good and solid weapons. And it would allow those rock hard Southerners who like to boast about how well off they are to prove it by wasting large amounts of money on technologically advanced missiles.... :roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 26 Oct 2006 08:23

working class hero
Jerry St Clair

Excellent point.

Mobile phones are good and solid weapons. And it would allow those rock hard Southerners who like to boast about how well off they are to prove it by wasting large amounts of money on technologically advanced missiles.... :roll:

No, phones are too light these days. If anyone can get hold of a job lot of 80s originals, bring them along on Boxing Day. They'll really hurt.

And, personally, I'd never dream of chucking anything lower than a £2 coin.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 26 Oct 2006 08:51

Jerry St Clair

Excellent point.

Then they can stop us taking our wallets in :lol:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 26 Oct 2006 08:54

Farnborough Royal
Jerry St Clair

Excellent point.

Then they can stop us taking our wallets in :lol:

If you put coins in your wallet it's a purse.

Gayer