Premiership so far DVD Set

Harold

by Harold » 20 Dec 2006 19:49

G Force 1871
Harold Last seasons DVD has sold out and the club or Meridian aren't making any more - even though there have have hundreds of requests for it. Lost money making opp if you ask me.

Is that true, tis a fugging joke if it is! I didn't get my arse round to buying it and wanted to get it for Xmas.

It is true. Tinpot club.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Dec 2006 00:58

RoyalBlue

One again Hobnobbers show up the professional merchandising people at RFC!

Also looks like there's a caption competition in the making - love to hear what Little is thinking as he looks at Seol in the picture bottom left!

"I am good, I am, I really am"

"Sure son..."

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 21 Dec 2006 21:22

RoyalBlue

Also looks like there's a caption competition in the making - love to hear what Little is thinking as he looks at Seol in the picture bottom left!

''Have you just eaten my wifes poodle?..I can smell it on your breath'

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Dec 2006 21:46

londinium
RoyalBlue

''Have you just eaten my wifes poodle?..I can smell it on your breath'

littles wife was a bitch though.. :wink: *pun timeeeeeeee*

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Dec 2006 21:10

Got the DVD today and have watched it and it's certainly an improvement on last season's end of season review so credit due. Got all the goals and proper commentary from the 'Football First' coverage with the only pre recorded commentary the Carling Cup games. Lots of interview with players and staff and a good purchase, just a long 3 hours watching half a season's review.

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 04 Jan 2007 08:43

I was one of the most vocal critics of last seasons DVD, and I still haven't had a proper written reply from Chris Maughan regarding this.

I had plenty of time to burn on Monday so popped into the Club shop to purchase a few bits, and decided that I would also get the DVD whilst I was there, even after last seasons pathetic attempt, and I have to say, I was really pleasantly surprised. I watched both discs last night and thought it was a thoroughly good watch.

Well done RFC. Shame about the cost though.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jan 2007 11:30

It is really good, however as there was so much talking I was disappointed that they couldn't be arsed to put in subtitles.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2007 13:28

RG30 Got the DVD today and have watched it and it's certainly an improvement on last season's end of season review so credit due. Got all the goals and proper commentary from the 'Football First' coverage with the only pre recorded commentary the Carling Cup games.

Pre-recorded? You mean the cup games were fixed and they already knew what was going to happen?!

:wink:

TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal

by TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal » 31 Jan 2007 20:51

How do you transfer recordings from Sky+ box to DVD? Is a DVD recorder the easiest option or is it somehow possible to transfer recordings to a PC so I could edit out the adverts?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 31 Jan 2007 21:48

TV card which reads the signal from cable boxes, and select record.

TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal

by TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal » 31 Jan 2007 21:56

Don't suppose you can recommend a TV card?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 31 Jan 2007 22:09

TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal Don't suppose you can recommend a TV card?

Both Freeview and Sky decoder
Sky decoder

I have something similar to the top one, and I must say the freeview quality is excellent. Both same price, top one will do the job you need. I've never tried it, but apparently Windows Movie Maker is the solution for cutting adverts etc, and then obviously a DVD recording DVD drive, still works out far cheaper than a DVD recorder for your tv.

TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal

by TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal » 01 Feb 2007 16:17

Nice one! Cheers! Do you need any extra leads to connect the Sky box to the TV Card?

coyrls

by coyrls » 01 Feb 2007 17:24

Scrappy
TAFKA_Thatcham_Royal Don't suppose you can recommend a TV card?

Both Freeview and Sky decoder
Sky decoder

I have something similar to the top one, and I must say the freeview quality is excellent. Both same price, top one will do the job you need. I've never tried it, but apparently Windows Movie Maker is the solution for cutting adverts etc, and then obviously a DVD recording DVD drive, still works out far cheaper than a DVD recorder for your tv.

Just to be clear, the first product linked to will take a satellite signal, but it is not a Sky Decoder, you will only be able to view/record programs transmitted "in the clear", certainly not Sky Sports even if you have a Sky Card that allows you to watch Sky Sports.

The second product has no satellite capability but does receive Digital Terrestrial.

If you want to record from a Sky Box, you can still take the output from the Sky Box and feed it into an auxiliary audio/video input such as that provided on the first linked product. The second product does not have this capability.