Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140 posts
NWL Royal

Re: Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by NWL Royal » 10 Apr 2008 14:39

Royalshow
NWL Royal Can't we just have a block or two where every1 stands up and chants.. we're not asking for much :roll:

Or even just the back 5 rows of 1 block!

Or even just 1 row at the back!!!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 10 Apr 2008 18:22

I've only read the 1st page so don't know if it's already been said but I think it would be a bit shit in the south stand. North would be better or ideally where most of the noise comes from anyway in the Y25 area. Not that anything's going to actually happen but I thought I would just add a post to my count..

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 10 Apr 2008 18:23

NWL Royal
Royalshow
NWL Royal Can't we just have a block or two where every1 stands up and chants.. we're not asking for much :roll:

Or even just the back 5 rows of 1 block!

Or even just 1 row at the back!!!

Or even just 1 seat at the back!!!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 10 Apr 2008 18:26

Royalshow
rfcjoe BRING IT ON!

This comment sums up a lot of what's wrong with HNA?The original post clearly states that the topic was designed for constructive posts only and although some posters may not agree with the initial point,they could restrain themselves from 'Mickey taking'. The vast majority of people here will have been at the Norwich game,where these loverly cardboard posters were given out and are quite aware of the 'BRING IT ON' antics. Others will feel that the simple slogan encapsulates the style of modern day support we draw.TBH though it's getting old now though.The idea of this topic was for actual action to be taken in changing the atmosphere at games,rather then the countless threads discussing as 'why don't people sing more'.rfcjoe feels by posting this comment he is condeming the thread but also having a pop at anyone who has put any effort into developing creative ideas.He Knows many other nobbers will agree with him due to the regular appearance of this particular phrase,but this is simply the easy option rather then offering his own general opinion on the subject.Why risk be shot down or criticized when regurgitating a 2 year old joke of a slogan will do.I think i may just reply to every single thread with this response as at least i will have the moral high ground.

BRING IT ON!

haha, no! i was taking the mick out of the people who think if they post something on here it will change the atmosphere at the mad stad. By the looks of it you have too much time on your hands analysing peoples comments. kwank* ER - great programme on channel 4 i think?

Dr Hfuhruhurr

That Damn Drummer again!

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 14 Apr 2008 09:38

OK, ID like to make a constructive post regarding the atmosphere in the North Stand

Im going to entitle this next paragraph.

THAT DAMN DRUMMER AGAIN!

I can imagine that on Saturday evening he went home with a smug satisfaction of 'Well I played my part - I banged Blue Army for half an hour in the first half'. Well yes you did, but in doing so, you ripped the heart out of the North Stand in the process. For when you are slapping the drum (making sitting in the stand like being in the presence of a four year old in your front room), you stop any other chant or song from starting - indeed you bang over quite a lot of the other attempts. Given the feebleness of your repertoire (two chants?), the North Stand just sounds like Reading FC are supported by a bunch of girls at a hockey match. I for one, like 'Come On You Royals' at corners - and try to start if at every one we get - but you cant play the drum to that, can you? So I get drowned out by ANOTHER go at 'come on REading!'. The only other chant he knows is 'Blue Army' which enjoyed a glorious revival (mostly away from home) at the end of 90s / start of the century but has been butchered beyond recognition. There must be people at Reading who dont even know that its a chant with a return. i.e. one group of people chant it to get it returned by another section of the stand (much like 'We're the Left Side). Im also of the firm belief that Hey Jude, Molly Malone, You are My Reading and some of the more spontaneous songs will never be heard at the Madejski again, because if a song cant be supported by an idiotic drum beat then you just wont hear it. This is my first proper year at the Madejksi as I thought Id have a go at getting over my general prejudice of the poor Madejski atmosphere. I think from next year onwards I may just return to going to Away Games only. Despite our dismal form, I may actually hear and join in, or maybe even be allowed to start some of our better songs. I was so depressed by having to sit through 'Boom Boom' ever 5 seconds for most of the first half, that I couldnt even be bothered in the second, though, thankfully, he had shut up by then.

It seems to me that the south end of the East Stand represents the complete opposite experience. Inexperienced and childish chanting. We have an array of good natured, good humoured, easy to sing songs, but I guess youll only hear them away from the MadStad from now on.

madreadingfan

Re: That Damn Drummer again!

by madreadingfan » 14 Apr 2008 12:15

Dr Hfuhruhurr OK, ID like to make a constructive post regarding the atmosphere in the North Stand

Im going to entitle this next paragraph.

THAT DAMN DRUMMER AGAIN!

I can imagine that on Saturday evening he went home with a smug satisfaction of 'Well I played my part - I banged Blue Army for half an hour in the first half'. Well yes you did, but in doing so, you ripped the heart out of the North Stand in the process. For when you are slapping the drum (making sitting in the stand like being in the presence of a four year old in your front room), you stop any other chant or song from starting - indeed you bang over quite a lot of the other attempts. Given the feebleness of your repertoire (two chants?), the North Stand just sounds like Reading FC are supported by a bunch of girls at a hockey match. I for one, like 'Come On You Royals' at corners - and try to start if at every one we get - but you cant play the drum to that, can you? So I get drowned out by ANOTHER go at 'come on REading!'. The only other chant he knows is 'Blue Army' which enjoyed a glorious revival (mostly away from home) at the end of 90s / start of the century but has been butchered beyond recognition. There must be people at Reading who dont even know that its a chant with a return. i.e. one group of people chant it to get it returned by another section of the stand (much like 'We're the Left Side). Im also of the firm belief that Hey Jude, Molly Malone, You are My Reading and some of the more spontaneous songs will never be heard at the Madejski again, because if a song cant be supported by an idiotic drum beat then you just wont hear it. This is my first proper year at the Madejksi as I thought Id have a go at getting over my general prejudice of the poor Madejski atmosphere. I think from next year onwards I may just return to going to Away Games only. Despite our dismal form, I may actually hear and join in, or maybe even be allowed to start some of our better songs. I was so depressed by having to sit through 'Boom Boom' ever 5 seconds for most of the first half, that I couldnt even be bothered in the second, though, thankfully, he had shut up by then.

It seems to me that the south end of the East Stand represents the complete opposite experience. Inexperienced and childish chanting. We have an array of good natured, good humoured, easy to sing songs, but I guess youll only hear them away from the MadStad from now on.

Thats why im moving to y25 next season!!!

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Fans who travelled today

by Tamworth_Royal » 19 Apr 2008 23:41

Disappeared 10 mins before half time and 15 mins before full time, sat the whole game on your arses when it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match. 3000 away fans LOL more like 30 Silent……. Oh so Silent ……. Piss poor singing support….. A disgrace ……. Full of old farts and total plastics in awe of Arsenal

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Fans who travelled today

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Apr 2008 23:45

at least they were there

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 19 Apr 2008 23:51

I was in a corporate box, but from where i was sat (joining in, quite pointlessly, with right side left side), the support seemed ok. Lighten up.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 19 Apr 2008 23:54

AthleticoSpizz at least they were there

Yea great like employed mannequins

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Apr 2008 23:58

and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

(I proudly sat down at Bury)

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Apr 2008 00:03

AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

I go back far far further than you, try Tranmere Friday night 1982 20 fans

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2008 00:07

Tamworth_Royal
AthleticoSpizz and your definition of a Reading football fan Tammy is..........?

I trump you a 0-6 at Walsall 1987 nothing much to sing about there

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Apr 2008 00:08

Have to say our support was awful today, but were awful like 90 percent of the times
We dont stand because some old f***er or plastic behind u tells u to sit down :twisted: its a total embarassment!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2008 00:11

Tamworth_Royal Disappeared 10 mins before half time and 15 mins before full time, sat the whole game on your arses when it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match. 3000 away fans LOL more like 30 Silent……. Oh so Silent ……. Piss poor singing support….. A disgrace ……. Full of old farts and total plastics in awe of Arsenal

Complaining about support? Very original.

Anyway, I didn't attend the match, but I did go last year, and wouldn't have gone even if I had a free ticket as my experience last year was so poor. As you point out, it was full of day trippers - hardly a suprise is it. A game that is 40-odd miles away, one of the big teams and full of glory, what else did you expect?

If you want real fans, passionate, and Reading "through-and-through", then you should not be going to Arsenal matches.

What were you doing throughout the match, were you there?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 20 Apr 2008 00:15

Tamworth_Royal Disappeared 10 mins before half time and 15 mins before full time, sat the whole game on your arses when it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match. 3000 away fans LOL more like 30 Silent……. Oh so Silent ……. Piss poor singing support….. A disgrace ……. Full of old farts and total plastics in awe of Arsenal
You don't think they were perhaps just bored? The whole game felt like an inevitable home win, and just rather pointless. I was meant to have my ticket taken off my hands by a friend of a friend, but a late change of plans meant I went anyway, and I don't think I've ever looked forward to a match less. The mood was flatter than Kate Moss' chest before kick-off, and nothing happened at any stage to suggest we'd do anything but lose.

Besides, it's not as if Arsenal were exactly singing away at any stage of the match to generate a bit of banter between the fans.

Maybe if you'd been in the end you'd have sung your heart out for 90 minutes, even if we were 0-7 down. If so, great. Pin a medal to your chest and call yourself fan of the year, and we can all aspire to your greatness.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Apr 2008 00:17

Here's another one for you Spizz, were you a member of the 12 at Exeter open terrace 1981 ish who proudly sat down singing to the Gap bands "oop's up side head" but altered it to "stick up boot up city's arse""stick up boot up city's arse" Don't ever question me as a Royals fan, Bury...... pa..that was full of support

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Apr 2008 00:19

AthleticoSpizz
Tamworth_Royal

I trump you a 0-6 at Walsall 1987 nothing much to sing about there

FEB 86 Athletico...season we won the league by a mile. Like you I wuz there too!

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Apr 2008 00:30

Tamworth_Royal it’s traditional at Arsenal to stand the match

says who?

certainally wasn't standing when we were there last season, the only previuos time we have been to the emirates

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 20 Apr 2008 00:36

Tamworth_Royal LOOK AT ME

140 posts