Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

605 posts
SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season Tick Renewal - What's Going On!

by SLAMMED » 16 Feb 2011 19:30

I'll be the only one renewing then?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Feb 2011 19:49

Well, you and me. We can choose a stand each and leave the rest of the ground free!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Feb 2011 21:04

West Stand Man Well, you and me. We can choose a stand each and leave the rest of the ground free!

Either your choice is already made or you have to change your name.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Feb 2011 22:21

Dirk, no comment from the STAR usernames on here yet?

Any reason for the silence?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Feb 2011 22:26

Hoop Blah Dirk, no comment from the STAR usernames on here yet?

Any reason for the silence?

No idea. I'm not part of the STAR board - I'm only an individual member.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Feb 2011 22:36

Fair enough Dirk, I thought you were as the man in the know with all your insider information.

Does nobody from STAR use the forum anymore? I know it's not their official channel, but it is the most active community of their membership and potential membership.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Feb 2011 22:39

Hoop Blah Fair enough Dirk, I thought you were as the man in the know with all your insider information.

Does nobody from STAR use the forum anymore? I know it's not their official channel, but it is the most active community of their membership and potential membership.

No worries - I resigned from the STAR Board around September/October last year.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 16 Feb 2011 22:55

I doubt the club would have come up with this plan in under 2 weeks, so I would have thought that any season ticket announcement in mid february would have been discussed at the STAR - RFC Management meeting on January 27th.

no mention of any discussion in the meeting notes posted on the STAR website

I am sure STAR Liason will post and update us when they are next online. They do post fairly regularly and were online on the 14th feb.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Feb 2011 08:48

Drew_3 Just emailed the club with this for what its worth:

Dear Sir/Madam

I have just seen on your website that current season ticket holders have until the 28th of April to renew their ticket, after this date it goes on general sale. As you are well aware in previous years we have had until July to renew our seats, I find this new arrangement quite unacceptable, to expect people to pay for next year before the current season has finished is totally unfair. I do accept that if you want next years ticket at this seasons price then you have to renew before the end of April, but not that if you want your seat at all. Sir John Madjeski keeps reminding fans that we are in a recession and that finances are tight, perhaps he would do as well to remember this himself and realise that it affects us as well as himself!

Yours Faithfully

One disgruntled Loyal Royal

There will be many of you that find this petty and silly but sometimes people feel that strongly about something!

Spelling the club chairman's name correctly in your letter may have helped your cause, if only a little.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Feb 2011 08:57

Can't be bothered to read it all.

Same price as last time but renew before end of April? Think this may be my first season without a ST in quite a while.

Still, I usually miss 3 or 4 games a season anyway so don't really save any money through getting a ST and with less and less fans turning up I should just be able to turn up to games whenever I want and pay on the day.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Feb 2011 09:33

West Stand Man Well, you and me. We can choose a stand each and leave the rest of the ground free!

No hurling abuse at each other and remember to sit down and be good at all times.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 09:39

No reply to my email yet.

Next up, "Dear Mr Madejski".....

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Feb 2011 09:53

Royal Lady No reply to my email yet.

TBF you should do that as well RL, there are things that happen at RFC that he is not aware of, but should he be aware then he might step in and change a few bits, but if no one brings it to his attention then the powers that run the club like this will continue.

Incidentally a hand delivered letter to the main reception will get to JM

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 17 Feb 2011 09:58

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royal Lady No reply to my email yet.

TBF you should do that as well RL, there are things that happen at RFC that he is not aware of, but should he be aware then he might step in and change a few bits, but if no one brings it to his attention then the powers that run the club like this will continue.

Incidentally a hand delivered letter to the main reception will get to JM's secretary, who will decide whether to pass it on.

Corrected for you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 11:14

Just received the EXACT same reply as Drew.

My reply was short but to the point:

Thank you for your response. However, you haven’t really addressed my points and it is the exact same letter that you sent someone else who queried this.

I think I shall take my queries higher.

Kind Regards

And off I write to the Board!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 11:58

Letter fired off. I expect I'll be banned from the ground now! LOL

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Feb 2011 13:21

When renewing before 28th April, you are securing your price for next season, regardless of which division we find ourselves playing in. After that date, all seats will be released, adult and concession prices rising by £20. We will host a Movers Day on Tuesday 3rd May.

Season tickets are also on sale to those fans who are not currently season ticket holders but wish to pledge their allegiance for next season. New adult and concession prices are £20 more than renewal prices.

The club would like to once again thank our season ticket holders for their loyal support, you are extremely important to us and we are very grateful for your backing

So thanks for the loyal support but actually you'll pay exactly the same a new STH if we don't manage to extort money out of you earlier.

In previous years I've always renewed early to get this discount but this year I am seriously considering not renewing. It's not like there's a waiting list of people desperate to get a ST. Given the current form, likelyhood of being in the Championship again, and inevitable player sales in the summer, I'm tempted to not renew. The upside is the new online ticketing lets you pick seats so I could pick and chose games and take advantage of the ticket offers that will no doubt follow when the number of ST renewals plummets.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2011 13:24

^^ this

and if you pay on their 4 month instalment plan you have to pay £15 administration fee anyway, so you're getting your ticket for the grandly reduced price of £5.

The APR for the 9 month instalment plan, btw, is 19.9% - so I'd advise anyone who cannot pay upfront to get a new credit card with 0% finance and pay it off on that over the 6 months or whatever that the finance is at 0%.

I would put my letter to "The Board of Directors" on here - but some snowcock (c) Ian Royal 2011 will only pick holes in it.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Feb 2011 13:52

Obviously I couldn't be bothered:

(a) reading other people's piffling opinions on this thread.
(b) reading the initial article on the officiaLOL site.

But when an e-mail from RFC invaded my personal anger-space this morning I was apoplectic with fury. April 28th deadline to renew my seat or else, or else they'll release my seat into the wild, perhaps depriving the long-suffering dullards who sit around me the chance to hear earsplitting diatribes about sloppy play which only apparently I can see.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Feb 2011 14:05

It's quite simple really. The benefit of renewing before 28th April is that you can have that great feeling that you've been conned as Long, Federici, McAnuff and Kebe all get sold off but a feeling of immense pride as you realise the money you coughed up has been used wisely to replace those lost with two 18 year olds from the academy (who may actually make the bench a couple of times), a foreign reserve youngster on loan and a non-league player who once played in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

On the downside, if you wait until after this deadline before "renewing", then you won't be able to share in that enjoyment

605 posts