Posted P/O Final Tickets - Will they ever arrive!?!

133 posts

When do you think you will get your tickets? When did they actually arrive?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
21%
Thursday
13%
Friday
4%
Gulp Saturday!!!
5%
Arrived Tuesday
14%
Arrived Wednesday
11%
Arrived Thursday
6%
Arived Friday
1%
Arrived Saturday
1%
Never arrived!!!!
9%

Total votes: 104
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Posted P/O Final Tickets - Will they ever arrive!?!

by RoyalBlue » 26 May 2011 03:34

Having spent two frustrating hours getting thrown out of the TicketZone system on Thursday morning, I finally managed to order my tickets at 11.00am that day.

After a second call to TZ customer services, I now learn that the useless barstewards were only posting them out today (Wednesday). Absolutely appalling and yet they have the cheek to charge us extra for this dreadful service! :twisted:

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 26 May 2011 07:35

There they were waiting for me when I got home. Good times - all three of them as well.

FinchOwl

by FinchOwl » 26 May 2011 08:21

Purchased thursday 12pm, transaction finally cleared on tuesday PM, tickets arrived yesterday, signature required but the postie put them through the letter box despite nobody being in. All 4 tickets present and correct, and in line with the booking confirmation.

No drama!

Just got to remember to pick them up when I leave on Monday morning now.... :P

Blue_White_Blood

by Blue_White_Blood » 26 May 2011 10:44

We booked 7 tickets on the 1st day of sales and still haven't not had the tickets through the post yet!!!, rang ticket zone and said the tickets got sent out yesterday and could take between 1day or up to 5days to get delivered!!!!

Now im really worried :shock:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 26 May 2011 11:11

DONT PANIC!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 May 2011 11:14

Blue_White_Blood We booked 7 tickets on the 1st day of sales and still haven't not had the tickets through the post yet!!!, rang ticket zone and said the tickets got sent out yesterday and could take between 1day or up to 5days to get delivered!!!!

LOL, 5 days would take it to Wednesday next week

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 26 May 2011 11:15

TBM
Blue_White_Blood We booked 7 tickets on the 1st day of sales and still haven't not had the tickets through the post yet!!!, rang ticket zone and said the tickets got sent out yesterday and could take between 1day or up to 5days to get delivered!!!!

LOL, 5 days would take it to Wednesday next week

Don't worry - no-one will want to nick them in 5 days time.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 May 2011 11:16

The more i hear and read about tickets from TZ, the more i am glad i (turns) got mine direct from the stadium

hotxbun

by hotxbun » 26 May 2011 11:18

Yay, at last ! :D
Block 551, seat numbers in the 300s - would they be towards 552 or 550 ?

Chaney I just worked the 8pm shift at the collection point.loads of people coming in to pick them and still loads uncollected

Wondering if I worked with you for a lil' while ... :?:

secks

by secks » 26 May 2011 11:46

Tickets arrived! Phew...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 May 2011 13:01

Billy The Fish
Terminal Boardom Just checked with TZ. In the post today.

Ditto. When I asked why not posted until today they apologised and said "We've been sent tickets by Wembley in block order and 133 arrived late". Great. Now I've got a nervous wait. Shades of Man City (tickets arrived on the Monday after the game)...

Mine delivered this morning. Get in!!!

Blue_White_Blood

by Blue_White_Blood » 26 May 2011 17:05

They arrived about an hour after! now i can relax and have a drink UUURRRZZZZ!!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 May 2011 18:06

YOU'RE ALL PFUCKING IDIOTS!

Panicking because money didn't go out straight away, panicking because you haven't had your tickets delivered FIVE DAYS before the match. Do you worry the moon's going to fall into the earth?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 May 2011 18:26

Tickets successfully picked up from Royal Mail. No hassle (apart from getting rained on) no fuss, no panic.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 26 May 2011 18:45

Ian Royal Tickets successfully picked up from Royal Mail. No hassle (apart from getting rained on) no fuss, no panic.

Rained on? That's outrageous! You shoud tell the Evening Post about this!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 May 2011 18:57

Maguire YOU'RE ALL PFUCKING IDIOTS!

Panicking because money didn't go out straight away, panicking because you haven't had your tickets delivered FIVE DAYS before the match. Do you worry the moon's going to fall into the earth?

There is a bloody good reason to panic when the *rseholes at Ticket zone couldn't get their act in gear to post out tickets ordered on the Thursday morning until the following Wednesday ("We've got a really big batch of thousands and thousands of tickets here, waiting to be posted out today"), thus leaving just three delivery days until the final. And if they didn't all go out on the Wednesday then even less time for delivery! Completely and utterly unacceptable 'service'! :twisted:

What's more if someone isn't around to sign for them, should they not arrive till Saturday morning,then they are stuffed, unless the postie puts through their letter box without a signature!

The concept of 'helping' you by providing a tracking number is completely farcical too. The only thing a tracking number for recorded delivery does is allow you to see that your tickets haven't yet been delivered, a fact which you are already painfully aware of!

Our tickets finally arrived today and postie didn't bother to ask for signature!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 May 2011 19:36

RoyalBlue

There is a bloody good reason to panic when the *rseholes at Ticket zone couldn't get their act in gear to post out tickets ordered on the Thursday morning until the following Wednesday ("We've got a really big batch of thousands and thousands of tickets here, waiting to be posted out today"), thus leaving just three delivery days until the final. And if they didn't all go out on the Wednesday then even less time for delivery! Completely and utterly unacceptable 'service'! :twisted:

What's more if someone isn't around to sign for them, should they not arrive till Saturday morning,then they are stuffed, unless the postie puts through their letter box without a signature!

The concept of 'helping' you by providing a tracking number is completely farcical too. The only thing a tracking number for recorded delivery does is allow you to see that your tickets haven't yet been delivered, a fact which you are already painfully aware of!

Our tickets finally arrived today and postie didn't bother to ask for signature!

So your tickets arrived four days in advance of the game and you're going batshit crazy about it? I'm pretty happy with that tbh.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 May 2011 19:39

It makes logistical sense to post out batches of tickets at the same time. I'm not sure what the efficiency saving is but to get the whole process done and almost dusted in such a short space of time is commendable. It gives the TZ customer services department more time to iron out any lost in transit etc......

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 May 2011 19:49

Maguire
RoyalBlue

So your tickets arrived four days in advance of the game and you're going batshit crazy about it? I'm pretty happy with that tbh.

For the hard of understanding, they arrived with just two postal days spare! And that doesn't take into account the problems people face if they're not in to sign for the tickets on those days, particularly Saturday. F*cking awful service and far riskier than necessary had a more capable ticket seller been used.

Why are people getting so annoyed? Because it's a massive game that they've taken a lot of trouble to get tickets for and which they don't want to miss out on. Two postal days spare leaves very little time to sort out any problems and, anecdotally TicketZone seem to have created plenty of them. A large number of people have very little confidence in TicketZone, based on their dreadful performance to date, and therefore are naturally going to be worried until they have the right tickets in their hands.

royalexile It makes logistical sense to post out batches of tickets at the same time. I'm not sure what the efficiency saving is but to get the whole process done and almost dusted in such a short space of time is commendable. It gives the TZ customer services department more time to iron out any lost in transit etc......

It might make logistical sense but I disagree completely regarding the short space of time. There is nothing at all commendable about TicketZone other than the way their customer service agents try to sort out all of the problems caused by the rest of their piss poor organisation.

Just why couldn't the tickets have been sent out in batches several days earlier, other than due to the fact that TicketZone like to maximise their profits by keeping staffing costs to a minimum? I don't ever remember RFC's ticket office taking more than a day (two at most) from point of order to posting out tickets for big games. And before anyone says it's a far bigger number of tickets, that was the justification we were given for using TicketZone i.e. they were far better placed to handle selling large numbers of tickets in a short space of time - subsequently proven to be a load of b*llox!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 26 May 2011 20:01, edited 3 times in total.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 May 2011 19:53

Well those people will just have to have the slight inconvenience of staying in until the postman has delivered. Then deal with it from there.

133 posts