Blackburn Away?

192 posts
EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 25 Apr 2007 08:37

[quote="Compo's Hat"]I think the tip here is to get enougth booze for the journey up, disposing of the empties before getting near the ground. Then a refill for the journey home.quote]

Excactly. Easy.

blue_army_wokingham

by blue_army_wokingham » 25 Apr 2007 08:47

so is there no way at all the club can sort out an earlier arriving train to blackburn so the fans can get there and into a few pubs before the game?? has anybody even contacted the club to see if they can do this?? i wouldnt have a clue how to go about it.
due to the restrictions on travel i cant see more than 2k going which is a huge shame as the team deserve fantastic support on the last game after their performance this season.

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 25 Apr 2007 08:51

Confirmation on pricing, assume this as Category B (they have A+, A and B)

Home Fans:
Jack Walker Stand (Upper Tier Central): Adults £39 (A £37) (B £32), No Concessions.
Jack Walker Stand (Upper Tier Outer Wings):
Adults £36 (A £34) (B £28), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
Jack Walker Stand (Lower Tier Central):
Adults £37 (A £35) (B £29), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
Jack Walker Stand (Lower Tier Outer):
Adults £29 (A £27) (B £20), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
Jack Walker Stand (Lower Wing Block W06 Near Blackburn End):
Adults £36 (A £32) (B £25), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
Jack Walker Stand (Lower Wing Block W01 Near Darwen End):
Adults £27 (A £24) (B £15), Senior Citizens £18 (A £17) (B £14), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
CIS Riverside Stand (Central):
Adults £36 (A £32) (B £25), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
CIS Riverside Stand (Inner Wings):
Adults £29 (A £27) (B £20), Senior Citizens £21 (A £20) (B £16), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
CIS Riverside Stand (Outer Wings):
Adults £27 (A £24) (B £15), Senior Citizens £18 (A £17) (B £14), Juniors £16 (A £13) (B £7).
Blackburn End:
Darwen End:

Away Fans:
Darwen End:

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 25 Apr 2007 09:05

blue_army_wokingham so is there no way at all the club can sort out an earlier arriving train to blackburn so the fans can get there and into a few pubs before the game?? has anybody even contacted the club to see if they can do this?? i wouldnt have a clue how to go about it.
due to the restrictions on travel i cant see more than 2k going which is a huge shame as the team deserve fantastic support on the last game after their performance this season.

Agreed. Unfortunatly it's not going to happen though.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Apr 2007 09:25

The rail companies have enough problems running the trains as it is !

They can;t get a few extras sorted for huge games like cup finals so I can't see that they would even consider disrupting their schedules for a few hundred Royals fans who want to have a couple of beers before a league game.

Nice thought though !

It would make more sense to have lots of coahces going - nothing to stop the PofW or R&T running a coach....

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 25 Apr 2007 11:38

Even if the club wouldn't pay for coaches, surely they could organise additional ones to be available baring in mind the lack of trains that weekend.

Like others have said, the last game of a great season deserves a great attendence.

Personally I would prefer to make my own way there & am going regardless; but I'm sure there are a lot of fans who would be much more inclined to go if the transport situation was made easier.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Apr 2007 11:42

Why is it the club's responsibility, it could well end up the most meaningless game of the season. It's not their fault the Premier League put this date for the last day and we ended up playing in the North West, nor the fact that there are mass engineering works that weekend. Why should the club lose money on the day by discounting travel, there are plenty of STAR coach spaces available so if you want to go then go

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 25 Apr 2007 11:46

I want to go on the STAR chartered flight :oops:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Apr 2007 11:47

I wouldn't bother, you'll not be allowed to drink and will have to put up with a dribbling old man next to you

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 25 Apr 2007 11:47

Huntley & Palmer Why is it the club's responsibility, it could well end up the most meaningless game of the season. It's not their fault the Premier League put this date for the last day and we ended up playing in the North West, nor the fact that there are mass engineering works that weekend. Why should the club lose money on the day by discounting travel, there are plenty of STAR coach spaces available so if you want to go then go

Finally someone (other than me) speaking sense on the issue of travel :roll:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 25 Apr 2007 12:27

Huntley & Palmer Why is it the club's responsibility, it could well end up the most meaningless game of the season. It's not their fault the Premier League put this date for the last day and we ended up playing in the North West, nor the fact that there are mass engineering works that weekend. Why should the club lose money on the day by discounting travel, there are plenty of STAR coach spaces available so if you want to go then go

I didn't say anything about subsidising them. I was merely suggesting they could organise some additional coaches not pay for them. They are clearly in the best position to do so. It is much easier for the club to let the fans know that there will be coaches taking 100+ fans up each then for individuals to muck around car pooling or hiring vans.

If there are enough STAR coaches then fair enough, doesn't matter. However, as most people haven't bought tickets for the game yet, hardly suprising that there are spaces on the coaches...

As I said, I'm making my own way up there so it doesn't effect me either way, but it could encourage others to go, and the more fans we have the better it is for the team.

In addition, the other reason the club could get involved is because it is a nice gesture. It shows they appreciate the support they've had this season and understand the demands place on fans when travelling to support their team. It would create a lot of positive PR for minimal effort.

Finally, the current points tallies make it unlikely it will be a meaningless game - just because you're not going don't try and write the game off as pointless.

Y25

by Y25 » 25 Apr 2007 13:16

anyone know how tickets are selling for this? Will there be any left by tomorrow?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Apr 2007 13:44

Seal

I didn't say anything about subsidising them. I was merely suggesting they could organise some additional coaches not pay for them. They are clearly in the best position to do so. It is much easier for the club to let the fans know that there will be coaches taking 100+ fans up each then for individuals to muck around car pooling or hiring vans.

If there are enough STAR coaches then fair enough, doesn't matter. However, as most people haven't bought tickets for the game yet, hardly suprising that there are spaces on the coaches...

As I said, I'm making my own way up there so it doesn't effect me either way, but it could encourage others to go, and the more fans we have the better it is for the team.

In addition, the other reason the club could get involved is because it is a nice gesture. It shows they appreciate the support they've had this season and understand the demands place on fans when travelling to support their team. It would create a lot of positive PR for minimal effort.

Finally, the current points tallies make it unlikely it will be a meaningless game - just because you're not going don't try and write the game off as pointless.

I'm not going due to the transport issues and have other plans that weekend, I could think of nothing worse than going by coach personally. The club has nothing to do with transport arrangements, so if you want more coaches (which there won't be a requirement for) then STAR are who should be lobbied. The club are not in the habit of making nice gestures, I can't think of any time when they have done something.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Apr 2007 13:47

Y25 anyone know how tickets are selling for this? Will there be any left by tomorrow?

3k tickets for a sunday jaunt to blackburn? should be ok to get early next week at least I'd say as the plastics won't be too interested in committing themselves until the day.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Apr 2007 13:59

STAR generally keep adding on coaches as long as people want to travel.
If 500 people want to travel by coach (and book up !) then STAR will lay on 10 coaches.

The question of laying on extra coaches is not really an issue....

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 25 Apr 2007 14:26

Behindu STAR generally keep adding on coaches as long as people want to travel.
If 500 people want to travel by coach (and book up !) then STAR will lay on 10 coaches.

The question of laying on extra coaches is not really an issue....

I believe they run as many coaches as necassary up until the wednesday before the game. That is when the coaches have to be ordered.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 25 Apr 2007 18:16

I'm driving up, so not too bothered

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 25 Apr 2007 18:26

Apparently The Fernhurst is the away fans pub. It is on the Bolton Road just opposite the away end and you can park there for 3 quid.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 25 Apr 2007 18:47

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Apr 2007 08:52

papereyes
M4 Junction 11
rovers.co.uk Mark Hughes' side take on Steve Coppell's Reading at Ewood Park on the final day of the season on Sunday May 13th with both sides in the hunt for a coveted European spot.

I didn't really see them as a contender. A game in hand but only 44 points with Charlton home, Newcastle away, Spurs away and then Reading to play.

STAR travel to Blackburn thread

In one of the Saturday papers, our hopes of a European spot were failing but Villa and Blackburn both had good chances of clinching the final UEFA cup spot.

Which got a :?

With the 'Friedel fired up for final push' article I'm starting to think they might be serious. It's likely they'll need 13 Points from their last few games (Charlton home, Newcastle away, Tottenham away and Reading home) to give them a total of 57 Points which means they will come up short even if they win all these games.

192 posts