Golden Gamble - Unclaimed prizes

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Golden Gamble - Unclaimed prizes

by Forbury Lion » 12 Mar 2012 18:49

So far this season: £2,020 cash, 9 signed balls, 1 signed shirt (although to be fair, I think the shirt was signed by the Royal Ladies).

Now, the balls I can understand to an extent if an away fan wins them, but surely even then they might think it could be worth a few quid on ebay, The cash though :shock:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Golden Gamble - Unclaimed prizes

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Mar 2012 19:10

Forbury Lion So far this season: £2,020 cash, 9 signed balls, 1 signed shirt (although to be fair, I think the shirt was signed by the Royal Ladies).

Now, the balls I can understand to an extent if an away fan wins them, but surely even then they might think it could be worth a few quid on ebay, The cash though :shock:

the balls aren't worth £4.99 of anyone's money. they're not signed match balls (or are they for the draw?). i've had a couple of signed balls and all they are are basic balls you can buy in the megastore for a few quid.

as for unclaimed money. not really a big surprise. no-one ever expects to win, so if they missed the half-time draw because of a toilet break etc, who would think to go out of their way to find out the winning numbers?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2012 20:42

Friday's Legacy
Forbury Lion So far this season: £2,020 cash, 9 signed balls, 1 signed shirt (although to be fair, I think the shirt was signed by the Royal Ladies).

as for unclaimed money. not really a big surprise. no-one ever expects to win, so if they missed the half-time draw because of a toilet break etc, who would think to go out of their way to find out the winning numbers?

You are probably right in the case of quite a few people. Personally it's because I wouldn't expect to win that my money stays firmly in my pocket. However, if I did buy a ticket, I'd make damn sure to check whether I had won!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Mar 2012 07:38

Funnily enough I won 2nd prize on Saturday but have no idea what it is (I'm guessing a signed ball) or how to go about claiming it after the event but will probably ring the club at some stage to find out.

Incidently it must be one of the worst consolation prizes going. You get drawn 2nd in a crowd of 20k and the one before walks away with a grand or so and you get a graffitied football. No wonder people can't be arsed to claim it.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 13 Mar 2012 11:29

Vision Incidently it must be one of the worst consolation prizes going. You get drawn 2nd in a crowd of 20k and the one before walks away with a grand or so and you get a graffitied football. No wonder people can't be arsed to claim it.

Oh I don't know. I won the signed ball back in 2010 and it's got Long and Sigurdsson's signatures on there amongst others which is nice to have, and I bet whoever won the grand that day has spent it all. If you haven't claimed it on the day (so you've missed getting to wander round the pitch and be by the tunnel when the teams come out for the second half) then if I were you I might see if they'd give you the signed pennant instead, which at least you can display at home easily. My signed ball languishes at the back of a cupboard.

kitsons pubes

by kitsons pubes » 13 Mar 2012 12:02

I won the cash at the Ipswich game and have collected it and spent it and it still shows unclaimed

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Mar 2012 21:28

I never buy golden gamble tickets, am I missing out ?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Mar 2012 10:29

No

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1