Flags/Banners in Y25/Stadium

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Flags/Banners in Y25/Stadium

by LoyalRoyalFan » 29 Dec 2012 22:02

Would love to see an influx of more flags (and/or banners - seen a few at the top of Y25) around the ground, make it seem a little more homely. Whatever happened to that big RAF Royals flag? It was normally seen in the North Stand, it was a great sight to see.

Something to add to the character of our stadium.

I'm looking at St.Pauli (the user) for ideas :D

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Flags/Banners in Y25/Stadium

by St Pauli » 30 Dec 2012 01:25

Agreed we need more banners. I will try and get my two housemates to knock up a south Reading one at some point. You proddy bastard.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 30 Dec 2012 15:29

I've taken my McDermott banner down and retired it for now. Shame but i was getting a few comments about it concerning out performance.

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 30 Dec 2012 18:34

Feel free to shoot me down on this (especially since I'm a newbie), but could you have a banner with something like "From South Bank to Y25", or along the lines of continuity from Elm Park to the Mad Stad?

It could add a bit of character to a (sometimes) soulless stadium.

[Doesn't have to be Y25 could be whatever block the banner is in, or just 'East Stand']

Divvy

by Divvy » 30 Dec 2012 21:00

A banner in Y26 saying "We support safe standing"

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 31 Dec 2012 09:55

Divvy A banner in Y26 saying "We support safe standing"

Unfortunately, that would last all of 5 minutes before the club confiscated it...

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 31 Dec 2012 09:59

Winchester Royal

Unfortunately, that would last all of 5 minutes before the club confiscated it...

Good idea though and would probably get some media coverage

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 31 Dec 2012 10:21

madreadingfan
Winchester Royal

Good idea though and would probably get some media coverage

I've had a banner confiscated in the concourse at Man City, another not allowed in at Swansea due to it not being fire retardant :lol: , and anything with a detrimental statement against the club or league or association will not be allowed in. Some away clubs somehow want prior arrangements set in place, others do not want banners placed over empty seats due to being a Health and Saftey risk in the event of a fire evacuation, other clubs have limited areas to hang a banner. Even stewards within the same ground have agreed and then it's been revoked by a senior safety steward.
Hanging banners are the mad stad is feasible but can only be hung off the mesh at the top of the stands in the North, East and South as a result. Do not even attempt to cover the advertising hoardings as again this is not permissible.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 31 Dec 2012 14:50

Prominant colours in the Reading FC badge are red, white, and blue. How about a sea of Union Jacks? :wink:

The Cube

by The Cube » 31 Dec 2012 17:27

royalexile I've taken my McDermott banner down and retired it for now. Shame but i was getting a few comments about it concerning out performance.

Just cover the text up with something saying "We move on". This can then be interpreted as either a quote or a prediction, according to taste. Once the latter group have seen the error of their ways, you can go back to what it was before.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Jan 2013 12:29

royalexile
I've had a banner confiscated in the concourse at Man City, another not allowed in at Swansea due to it not being fire retardant :lol: , and anything with a detrimental statement against the club or league or association will not be allowed in. Some away clubs somehow want prior arrangements set in place, others do not want banners placed over empty seats due to being a Health and Saftey risk in the event of a fire evacuation, other clubs have limited areas to hang a banner. Even stewards within the same ground have agreed and then it's been revoked by a senior safety steward.
Hanging banners are the mad stad is feasible but can only be hung off the mesh at the top of the stands in the North, East and South as a result. Do not even attempt to cover the advertising hoardings as again this is not permissible.

Had this at Sheffield United a few seasons ago on a Tuesday night. Steward said I needed a fire safety certificate :lol: (tbf he also agreed that it was a stupid rule but he had to follow instructions)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 02 Jan 2013 16:22

LWJ
royalexile

Had this at Sheffield United a few seasons ago on a Tuesday night. Steward said I needed a fire safety certificate :lol: (tbf he also agreed that it was a stupid rule but he had to follow instructions)

Imagine having to carry proof of the banner being fire retardant. There again is no clear consistency over this issue. Is there a certificate with a photo of the banner on it. :? Lolz at MUFC with the stewards asking what my confiscated banner said!

kevan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by kevan » 02 Jan 2013 17:21

I was stopped from taking a christmas pudding in a ceramic bowl into Man City - quite right too it was a stupid idea

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Jan 2013 17:54

royalexile
LWJ
royalexile

Imagine having to carry proof of the banner being fire retardant. There again is no clear consistency over this issue. Is there a certificate with a photo of the banner on it. :? Lolz at MUFC with the stewards asking what my confiscated banner said!

The certificate describes the banner and what is written on it

Stewards are then to compare the banner with its certificate to ensure it is the same banner

I agree there is no clear consistency over this issue

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1