FSF - Twenty's Plenty

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

FSF - Twenty's Plenty

by royalp-we » 24 Jan 2013 17:55

Anyone thinking of going to this? What are the HobNob massives thoughts on the campaign?

Do you think they have any chance of getting clubs to agree to their proposal?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/view/sc ... ay-tickets

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FSF - Twenty's Plenty

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2013 11:02

think its a daft campaign.

cant hve away fans paying miles less than home fans every week.has literally no chance of being implemented
what they should be campaigning for is that clubs use the increased TV money to reduce ticket costs across the board for fans rather than to continue going straight to the players..

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Jan 2013 12:28

Why not Brenders. Aside from going on the supporters coaches which many do not wish to take as a means of getting to a match, and as stated, factoring in the costs it is not always conducive to bums on seats.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jan 2013 13:12

I see sense in there being some sort of weighting on pricing depending on distance. Say, of games over 100/200/300 miles away being tapered. A 600mile round trip then yeah a ticket costing £15-20 would be appreciated. It is likely to work to the benefit exiles as well, providing games continue to be sold on a points basis so those that attend frequently don't lose out to those that live close and come along because it's close and cheap.

£20 cap overall doesn't really make sense. For a Spurs fan travelling to Arsenal paying £20 when the Arsenal fans can be paying 2.5/3x that, no.

Edit: haven't and can't read the link in work. If that's the sort of proposal, then I'd be behind that.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jan 2013 13:29

Just thinking as I'm typing. There we go then, that's that.

End of the day market forces dictate - I have to miss some games as I can't afford to go to them all (and beyond that I try to have some football/life balance - pLOLastic I know). If the prices get too high and people can't afford to go, they'll stop. With the money from TV these days how important are fans at games anyway?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 25 Jan 2013 21:05

I think clubs will probably have to learn the hard way that going to football, especially going every week, is habitual. Once you start breaking the habit, that feeling of it being almost unthinkable to miss a game disappears very quickly.

Similarly, if £45 tickets are the straw that broke the camel's back for you, a reduction back to £40 won't tempt you back.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 26 Jan 2013 23:27

Home fans will end up subsidising this if it goes through, which is totally unacceptable. Arsenal have adjusted their ticket pricing this season to charge the fans of the biggest clubs more and for those that follow clubs like Wigan the least. Can't see anything wrong with that

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Jan 2013 10:31

royalexile Why not Brenders. Aside from going on the supporters coaches which many do not wish to take as a means of getting to a match, and as stated, factoring in the costs it is not always conducive to bums on seats.

why would a home team want to subsidise away supporters?
why would i?

they should campaign for a reduction across the board, not something mental and unworkable like this

imo

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Jan 2013 12:48

Huntley & Palmer Home fans will end up subsidising this if it goes through, which is totally unacceptable.

'zackly

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 28 Jan 2013 18:46

Rumpole
maffff Just thinking as I'm typing. There we go then, that's that.

End of the day market forces dictate - I have to miss some games as I can't afford to go to them all (and beyond that I try to have some football/life balance - pLOLastic I know). If the prices get too high and people can't afford to go, they'll stop. With the money from TV these days how important are fans at games anyway?

Completely unimportant (at least in the premiership). Football is a business. It's main customer is SKY.

At some point though SKY won't get the same product though if fans can't attend. The campaign seems to recognise that away fans are a key part of the culture, but they're also a key part of the product.

No away fans= no banter/atmosphere= worse TV product.

TV places mics near the loud parts of grounds, and chooses matches where fans are likely to be loud, because its part of the pub/front room watching experience. Though it's probably more likely they'll just dub recorded fan noise over silent grounds than reduce ticket prices ever.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 29 Jan 2013 10:33

Everyone realises that - but to do anything about it would require some long-term, strategic, thinking.

But the vast majority of people involved in the decision-making in football aren't even slightly interested in the long-term good of the game - they're only interested in what they can make out of it over the next season or two.

working class hero

by working class hero » 07 Feb 2013 22:41

Quite simply the fsf are a load of smug tossers.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 08 Feb 2013 10:16

royalp-we Anyone thinking of going to this? What are the HobNob massives thoughts on the campaign?

Do you think they have any chance of getting clubs to agree to their proposal?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/view/sc ... ay-tickets

No chance. They would be better off trying for something more reasonable.

Maybe a maximum price of the lower of (1) The normal price for a home fan, and (2) The normal price for the away fans, home game.

So for example Stoke v Reading the maximum cost should be either (1) the cost of a ticket at stoke for a home fan and (2) the cost of a ticket at Reading for a home fan

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1