Man Utd replay tickets

133 posts
Drive On

Man Utd replay tickets

by Drive On » 21 Feb 2007 09:45

Have been reading the now locked "Sold out" thread. Interesting how many moans there are about not getting tickets for the big games.

As a ST holder I went along to the Burnley cup game when only 11,500 turned up and you will find a large number of ST holders didn't bother. The old "I am not paying to see the second team" argument.

Will those same people be standing by their morals for the Man Utd replay or will they be hypocritical, as I strongly suspect, and turn up for the big games?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 09:50

I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be an average game at best played in a half empty stadium. Personally, I had better things to do with my time and money on a Tuesday night.

I will, however, be going to the Man Utd replay as we're playing one of the biggest teams in the world for a chance to reach the FA Cup quarter finals for the first time in my lifetime. Bit of a no brainer really.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 09:51

southbank1871 I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be an average game at best played in a half empty stadium. Personally, I had better things to do with my time and money on a Tuesday night.

I will, however, be going to the Man Utd replay as we're playing one of the biggest teams in the world for a chance to reach the FA Cup quarter finals for the first time in my lifetime. Bit of a no brainer really.

You've managed to blag one then? :wink:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 09:52

Stranded
southbank1871 I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be an average game at best played in a half empty stadium. Personally, I had better things to do with my time and money on a Tuesday night.

You've managed to blag one then? :wink:

I've got Spick's!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 09:56

Told you he wouldn't want to stay up past his bedtime.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 21 Feb 2007 10:02

Big-time glory-hunter :) I thought one of the main thrusts of any "real" supporter debate is that you go home and away in all weathers at all times and if you can't remember the Elm Park days, you're a plastic? I can understand wavering over an away cup-tie to Burnley, but home? Never.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Man Utd replay tickets

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Feb 2007 10:04

Drive On Have been reading the now locked "Sold out" thread. Interesting how many moans there are about not getting tickets for the big games.

As a ST holder I went along to the Burnley cup game when only 11,500 turned up and you will find a large number of ST holders didn't bother. The old "I am not paying to see the second team" argument.

Will those same people be standing by their morals for the Man Utd replay or will they be hypocritical, as I strongly suspect, and turn up for the big games?

2 things:

1. Burnley was (well, would have been) the first Saturday in the new Year - £20 for the game was quite steep seeing as it was just after Christmas.

2. How many people that went to Burnley weren't STH's? I doubt it was that many.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 21 Feb 2007 10:04

So you're only going to see United?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 10:07

Farnborough Royal

So you're only going to see United?

That's exactly what I said, well done :roll:

anR

by anR » 21 Feb 2007 10:27

southbank1871 I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be played in a half empty stadium.

I wonder how many other people shared this point of view... :roll:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 21 Feb 2007 10:31

at least 12,000

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Feb 2007 10:34

southbank1871 I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be an average game at best played in a half empty stadium. .

Unfortuately this is a self fullfilling prophesy
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 21 Feb 2007 11:10, edited 2 times in total.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 11:04

anR
southbank1871 I didn't go to the Burnley game because I suspected it would be played in a half empty stadium.

Nice bit of quote editing there to delete some of what I said.

Like I say, this was a personal preference for me as I have a life outside of Reading Football Club

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 11:13

southbank1871
anR

Nice bit of quote editing there to delete some of what I said.

Like I say, this was a personal preference for me as I have a life outside of Reading Football Club

Well someone has to chair the monthly Black Panthers meeting.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 21 Feb 2007 11:16

As the tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticket Holders, I don't think they'll sell out until Friday morning. Well, I hope!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Feb 2007 11:23

SpaceCruiser As the tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticket Holders, I don't think they'll sell out until Friday morning. Well, I hope!

Why don't you just buy it online on Thursday evening?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 11:24

SpaceCruiser As the tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticket Holders, I don't think they'll sell out until Friday morning. Well, I hope!

Depends if all STH take their seats - if they do then you're out of luck.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 11:27

Stranded

It's inevitable that there'll be some that don't, but I can't see there being many. I'd predict there certainly won't be any left on Friday morning.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 21 Feb 2007 11:30

Stranded

Not the South Stand, surely!

Huntley & Palmer Why don't you just buy it online on Thursday evening?

I plan to do just that - it's just that the online service is usually shit and if I have any problems, I'd like to be able to fall back onto using the phone.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 21 Feb 2007 11:34

SpaceCruiser
Stranded

Not the South Stand, surely!

Huntley & Palmer Why don't you just buy it online on Thursday evening?

I plan to do just that - it's just that the online service is usually shit and if I have any problems, I'd like to be able to fall back onto using the phone.

The south stand is for away supporters. Where have you been? Or are you intending to buy Man Utd tickets for this one? I think they've sold out though.
Last edited by Rawlie19 on 21 Feb 2007 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

133 posts