You should be ashamed of yourselves part II

117 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

You should be ashamed of yourselves part II

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 18:13

On leaving after the final whistle today the two blokes about 4 seats along from us were screaming to Shorey to "eff off". I said to one of them, quite nicely in fact, "awww he wasn't that bad" - to which I was subjected to a tirade of foul mouthed abuse, telling me to shut up as I know nothing about the game, asking me about what the West Ham fans had been singing (i.e. you should have come to West Ham) and continually yelling in between to Shorey to "eff off" again.

His neanderthal brother then decided to chip in and say it was Shorey's worst performance ever, to which Schards disagreed. Then he said to Schards "are you saying that's his best performance ever then?" :shock: To which Schards replied that of course it wasn't, it just wasn't his worst performance ever, although he didn't have a particularly good game and in his opinion he was worse against Everton.

These two knuckle heads then decided to tell me and Schards to "shut the eff up or they'd shut us up"

I'm all for people having an opinion and I actually only commented to these blokes because in the past they've been ok and said hello when I've squeezed past them for my usual toilet break 3 minutes before half time.

Some other people told us that they're always like that when we've lost or played badly and one guy had previously reported them to the club when they had a similar go at him a few years ago and they had received a letter. I could contact the club and get their season tickets revoked. But I'm not going to be that nasty. I just hope that when they have calmed down they realise that they were a tad over reacting. They've been going long enough to have seen us lose at home to much lesser teams in much lower divisions, so I hope they think on and realise that we ALL want Reading to do well in every game, but in reality that just doesn't happen.

I hope they're nobbers, or someone they know is a nobber and can point them in this direction. I'll accept their apology willingly.

If, however, they do that again and speak to me or anyone else around us like that again and I WILL report you and you WILL have your season tickets revoked.

Much love.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: You should be ashamed of yourselves part II

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Sep 2007 18:23

Royal Lady If, however, they do that again and speak to me or anyone else around us like that again and I WILL report you and you WILL have your season tickets revoked.

Get a grip. It's a football match, not the opera.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 01 Sep 2007 18:38

i was thinking that aswell it doesnt give the team any confidence, which they must not have in the first place after losing two games on the trot 3-0
Last edited by bottom left hand corner on 01 Sep 2007 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2007 18:39

speak in fecking English please.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Sep 2007 18:39

August 16th

Royal Lady Well, I'm sorry - but language like that has been going on at football matches since even I was little. In fact, my grandad wouldn't take me to games due to the bad language and this was in the 60's.

It is a natural reflex to shout and swear when things are going wrong, if the ref has made mistakes, if you feel players aren't pulling their weight. If you truly thought that fans at football matches sat quietly clapping their teams and shouting "bravo", then I would be surprised.

My kids have been going to football since they were all tiny. They also knew when they were younger that anything they heard that were "naughty words" were not to be repeated.

At 11 years old, I'd be very surprised if she didn't already know all these words from the playground!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2007 18:40

is that a murking?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 18:44

I wasn't complaining about the language per se, more the threatening behaviour ACTUALLY. No-one should have to put up with threatening behaviour from anyone, particularly their own fans! :roll:

I did think that having a go at Shorey was uncalled for. If they'd effed at the whole team, I wouldn't have said anything!

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 01 Sep 2007 18:54

Did they play the 'woman' card?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 18:59

Of course! You know nothing about football, he said. I replied "yes, that's why I've been coming to watch Reading for the last 30 years..." I don't profess to know as much as some blokes about the game though. However, on this occasion, being threatened with a punching because I said really nicely "awww Shorey wasn't THAT bad", I'd say I know rather more than that moron. :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Sep 2007 19:04

RL - I'm sorry. Emotions run riot when Reading play so badly, but that's no excuse. Myself and AndyRFC apologise profusely.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2007 19:18

floyd__streete RL - I'm sorry. Emotions run riot when Reading play so badly, but that's no excuse. Myself and AndyRFC apologise profusely.
:lol: :lol: They were MUCH worse than you two, and that's saying something, I'll admit! :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2007 19:29

30 years, blimey you must be knocking on :wink:

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 01 Sep 2007 20:03

the one man RL appreciation band is here!

YOU GO RL!

that is all

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 01 Sep 2007 20:11

Oh that's what your altercation was about. You were spotted, and I said you are always bolshy like that! :wink:

But those guys are complete prats, as is their 'friend' who goes bright red, rocks backwards and forwards and starts giving it large as soon as we have a goal scored against us. Don't take any crap from them.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: You should be ashamed of yourselves part II

by cmonurz » 01 Sep 2007 20:58

Jerry St Clair
Royal Lady If, however, they do that again and speak to me or anyone else around us like that again and I WILL report you and you WILL have your season tickets revoked.

Get a grip. It's a football match, not the opera.

:roll:

Daniella

by Daniella » 01 Sep 2007 21:06

Russell Street Oh that's what your altercation was about. You were spotted, and I said you are always bolshy like that! :wink:

But those guys are complete prats, as is their 'friend' who goes bright red, rocks backwards and forwards and starts giving it large as soon as we have a goal scored against us. Don't take any crap from them.

If you know who they are, might be an idea to group up and go and have some words next home match, no way to speak to a women IMO.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 01 Sep 2007 21:12

Daniella
Russell Street Oh that's what your altercation was about. You were spotted, and I said you are always bolshy like that! :wink:

If you know who they are, might be an idea to group up and go and have some words next home match, no way to speak to a women IMO.

I am a woman :roll:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Sep 2007 21:14

Well hit him with your handbag then dear.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 01 Sep 2007 21:16

I think I'd rather just give him a kicking.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Sep 2007 21:29

just greet them with a knowing smile next time that you see them (pre-match against Wigwam) and say "I hope that you are not going to beat me and my husband up today fellahs"

quite simple, but

Watch their blushing faces

failing that, we'll round up a possee and run them out of town.

117 posts