What are you meant to do?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

What are you meant to do?

by Royal Lady » 09 Dec 2007 10:06

Got to our seats yesterday and schards' seat had yellow and black tape over it. On closer inspection his seat was split, although it was perfectly ok last week when we sat there. Anyway, it appeared that this yellow and black tape was meant to stop Schards sitting there. What was Schards meant to do? I removed the tape and Schards was happy to sit there despite "health and safety" concerns obviously by the club. There weren't any other seats nearby that he could have sat in. Shouldn't the club have notified us. Or something?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What are you meant to do?

by Winchester Royal » 09 Dec 2007 10:07

Royal Lady Got to our seats yesterday and schards' seat had yellow and black tape over it. On closer inspection his seat was split, although it was perfectly ok last week when we sat there. Anyway, it appeared that this yellow and black tape was meant to stop Schards sitting there. What was Schards meant to do? I removed the tape and Schards was happy to sit there despite "health and safety" concerns obviously by the club. There weren't any other seats nearby that he could have sat in. Shouldn't the club have notified us. Or something?

I'd have thought they would have, given their absolute paranoia over safety matters..

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 09 Dec 2007 10:14

Lifetime ban looms for Schards.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Dec 2007 10:15

:roll: For sitting in the season ticket seat he's paid for every year since the Mad Stad opened? I'd like to know how the seat got split mind you.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 09 Dec 2007 10:16

Royal Lady Got to our seats yesterday and schards' seat had yellow and black tape over it. On closer inspection his seat was split, although it was perfectly ok last week when we sat there. Anyway, it appeared that this yellow and black tape was meant to stop Schards sitting there. What was Schards meant to do? I removed the tape and Schards was happy to sit there despite "health and safety" concerns obviously by the club. There weren't any other seats nearby that he could have sat in. Shouldn't the club have notified us. Or something?

Obviously he should have just stayed standing. That would have set alarm bells ringing in the control room?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Dec 2007 10:21

Royal Lady :roll: For sitting in the season ticket seat he's paid for every year since the Mad Stad opened? I'd like to know how the seat got split mind you.

Probably but some fat oaf who thinks it's OK to stand on other people's seats as they hurdle the rows to avoid the queue in the aisle at the end of the game.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 09 Dec 2007 10:27

It was probably a Rugby fan, they're all fat bastards :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 09 Dec 2007 10:33

Keep an eye out for Litas latest video :wink:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 09 Dec 2007 10:59

I would have thought, what with the massive fall in demand and all, that there would have been plenty of spare seats.

Tee Hee

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 09 Dec 2007 11:09

Winchester Royal It was probably a Rugby fan, they're all fat bastards :wink:
joking aside, it probably was a rugby fan. I found my seat broken after a rugby match too, although minus the safety tape.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2007 11:20

Shouldn't the club have just fixed the seat? It can't be that difficult to do surely?

And if anyone suggests time constraints, I would suggest that they inspect the seats far enough ahead of a game to allow them to fix any broken ones they find.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 09 Dec 2007 13:25

This won't be a problem when they expand the ground

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Dec 2007 13:35

RoyalBlue

Shouldn't the club have just fixed the seat? It can't be that difficult to do surely?

And if anyone suggests time constraints, I would suggest that they inspect the seats far enough ahead of a game to allow them to fix any broken ones they find.

I would have thought they would have spare seats around, that they can just replace as they need to. Damaged seats must be pretty common.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Dec 2007 19:49

the seat was obviously cracked..no?

As long as Shards scrotal sack wasn't pinched betwixt the crack........then.......life was good in the matrimonial bed last night.

Make sure that you get to the bottom of this on Monday tho'.

murts_the_god

by murts_the_god » 15 Dec 2007 13:13

Winchester Royal It was probably a Rugby fan, they're all fat bastards :wink:

oi! i resemble that remark

Kes

by Kes » 15 Dec 2007 15:20

Plenty of other empty seats about to sit in!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Dec 2007 20:26

What you're meant to do is .... ask for the Chief Steward of the stand (every supporter has a right to do this if they have a query/grievance).

Ask them to arrange for the seat to be mended - when I had the same problem (except without the tape being involved - it was me who noticed the problem!) they came and fixed it there and then!

Anyway, I thought having split you seat was one of the entry requirements for FFF!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Dec 2007 10:08

The stewards had obviously noticed that the seat was broken, hence the yellow and black tape around it. However, they hadn't thought that quite possibly stopping the ST holder from sitting there might have caused one or two problems, and they didn't fix it as soon as it was spotted, which must have been well before kick off. :roll: Anyway, Schards emailed the club and they emailed him back to thank him for alerting them and said it will be fixed before the next home game.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 16 Dec 2007 13:23

And if it's not?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Dec 2007 15:20

crossie And if it's not?

A strongly worded e-mail