Better organisation

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Better organisation

by sam1 » 17 Feb 2008 22:30

I know this is not for everyone - and i fully support the fact that the club does not have to supply a smoking area at the ground, but is there a better way of managing the current turnstile policy for smokers or others who simply wish to get outside to sample the foodstands. This season - despite the concourse crush for food / toilets / smokers - the tickets to get out of the turnstiles have run out on a number of occasions. There must be a better way of managing this process as well as supplying better control of the concourse.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Better organisation

by The 17 Bus » 18 Feb 2008 07:12

I believe it is the people leaving early that cause the problem, blame the results and style of play.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Feb 2008 08:56

sam1reed I know this is not for everyone - and i fully support the fact that the club does not have to supply a smoking area at the ground, but is there a better way of managing the current turnstile policy for smokers or others who simply wish to get outside to sample the foodstands. This season - despite the concourse crush for food / toilets / smokers - the tickets to get out of the turnstiles have run out on a number of occasions. There must be a better way of managing this process as well as supplying better control of the concourse.
I presume you are talking about the North Stand? What happens if there's a fire or something in that area? Will they expect you to get a ticket for the turnstile to escape? :shock: Why can't they open a couple of double doors, like they do in the East? Or do they think there are loads of people waiting outside until half time to try and sneak in and watch the fantastic football on show for free? :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Feb 2008 10:12

Royal Lady
sam1reed I know this is not for everyone - and i fully support the fact that the club does not have to supply a smoking area at the ground, but is there a better way of managing the current turnstile policy for smokers or others who simply wish to get outside to sample the foodstands. This season - despite the concourse crush for food / toilets / smokers - the tickets to get out of the turnstiles have run out on a number of occasions. There must be a better way of managing this process as well as supplying better control of the concourse.
I presume you are talking about the North Stand? What happens if there's a fire or something in that area? Will they expect you to get a ticket for the turnstile to escape? :shock: Why can't they open a couple of double doors, like they do in the East? Or do they think there are loads of people waiting outside until half time to try and sneak in and watch the fantastic football on show for free? :roll:

They're not allowed to do because of safety fears. In the East the outside compound is enclosed, so people can go out to it without going elsewhere - but if there was uncontrolled exit and entry at half-time then there's a possibility of more people entering than originally left (i.e. come and watch the second half for free), there's no way of actually knowing how many people are in the stand (major risk after Hillsborough) and also the danger of people going out at half-time and going to their cars to retrieve weapons, alcohol etc - and by that point the majority of stewards at the doors have been redeployed elsewhere.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 18 Feb 2008 16:05

ironically though North Stand smokers just go outside and stand next to the outside broadcast enclosures

Mr. Mad's Mad Maid
Location: Cheerily raising cash for kids at http://www.justgiving.com/ boardfreegoodwood

by Mr. Mad's Mad Maid » 18 Feb 2008 18:42

Make things easy for smokers? This is 2008..... organisations believe they can get away with treating smokers like crap..... even if you happen to be a paying supporter.

I was going to type customer instead of supporter but stopped myself just in time.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Feb 2008 18:47

Yep, ban smoking altogether.

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 18 Feb 2008 21:45

The above posts were my ex on my log in!
Although after one game recently I was angry at them only opening the one door at end of game, it did cause bit of a crush and sure it was just the steward being bloody minded.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1