Charlton (a)

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Charlton (a)

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Aug 2008 10:58

Just seen that tickets go on sale on Monday for this - at £30 for adults :shock:

Is Ken Bates the current Charlton chairman?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Charlton (a)

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Aug 2008 11:04

T.R.O.L.I. Just seen that tickets go on sale on Monday for this - at £30 for adults :shock:

Is Ken Bates the current Charlton chairman?

On telly as well, innit?

No fanks.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Aug 2008 11:25

Exactly - I think Charlton have just priced themselves out of a fair few away supporters.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 01 Aug 2008 11:26

Even more glad that I chose to go to Forest over this one now.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Aug 2008 11:48

Debating whether to play cricket or go to Crawley v UNITED. Charlton? Pff no fanks.

warrpp

by warrpp » 01 Aug 2008 12:51

looked at the charlton site...........says £20 for their fans :x

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Aug 2008 12:56

warrpp looked at the charlton site...........says £20 for their fans :x

Yes they it does - but as with all away games, we get charged the equivalent price for the same type of seating - this doesn't really matter for away fans coming to the Madejski seeing as 3 of the stands are the same "type of seating". So, if you look at the whole paragraph:

Charlton's official site Fans can now buy tickets for Charlton's Championship clash with Reading at The Valley, which is also being shown live on Sky.

The Addicks and the Royals will commence battle in front of the television cameras in SE7 on Saturday, August 23rd, with the game kicking off at the earlier time of 12.45pm.

Tickets for the game are currently on general sale, priced £20 adults in the upper north stand behind the goal and in the adjacent quadrants. Adults opting for the upper west blocks R, Q, K and J and east blocks A, B, G and H will pay £25, while the most expensive tickets are in the lower west and the four central blocks of the upper west and east stands, plus the lower north, priced £30.

Over 60s and U21s tickets are a flat £20 in any seat, while the U18 price is £10. Tickets are on sale in person from the Valley commercial centre and Bexleyheath retail outlet, online, via post, or by calling 0871 226 1905.

The away end is the opposite end of the ground to the home lower north stand - hence the £30 price tag.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Aug 2008 13:04

Last year was a prime example of a day going to football > football itself

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Aug 2008 13:13

Huntley & Palmer Last year was a prime example of a day going to football > football itself

Couldn't agree more, Hunts, couldn't agree more. Although I think Bristol Royal might not be of the same opinion :lol:

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 01 Aug 2008 13:13

well i will be going only 10 quid for me :D

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Aug 2008 13:14

Huntley & Palmer Last year was a prime example of a day going to football > football itself

I thought all matches were like that that.

Train journey > actual football match.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Aug 2008 13:48

bristolroyaLOLLY

Anyway, I'm not going.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Aug 2008 17:23

Jerry St Clair

I think that is a little harsh, some games are decent to watch as well. Through one eye while dribbling after too much alcohol, obviously

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 01 Aug 2008 17:56

Huntley & Palmer
Jerry St Clair

I think that is a little harsh, some games are decent to watch as well. Through one eye while dribbling after too much alcohol, obviously

Charlton will be the new Fulham away then.Drinking on train into london/in london /and out of london >any game up north.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Aug 2008 19:00

Bugger, this was earmarked as a game I could get to fairly easily, but if it's on TV and £30 + train fair + sundries I'll definitely skip it.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Aug 2008 20:14

we have 2000 tickets, sadly we will probably sell out, even at £30 for adults, seems some will never make a stand, I would love to see a boycott over prices for this match, especially as it is on the telly, would be great if we took no fans, imagine the publicity the fans and the club would get.

Would be even better if the protest involved RFC fans watching the match on tv all over Reading, will this happen, unlikely at all.

Thios of course is why Charlton sell so many ST's they rip of the away fans and the fans that cannot afford a st, club for the fans................ my fanny.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 01 Aug 2008 21:07

The 17 Bus we have 2000 tickets, sadly we will probably sell out, even at £30 for adults, seems some will never make a stand, I would love to see a boycott over prices for this match, especially as it is on the telly, would be great if we took no fans, imagine the publicity the fans and the club would get.

Would be even better if the protest involved RFC fans watching the match on tv all over Reading, will this happen, unlikely at all.

Thios of course is why Charlton sell so many ST's they rip of the away fans and the fans that cannot afford a st, club for the fans................ my fanny.

A better idea,although even less likely to happen would be to get 2000 traveling and standing outside the away end,making noise when we score etc but the away end would be completely empty.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 01 Aug 2008 21:46

Royalshow
The 17 Bus we have 2000 tickets, sadly we will probably sell out, even at £30 for adults, seems some will never make a stand, I would love to see a boycott over prices for this match, especially as it is on the telly, would be great if we took no fans, imagine the publicity the fans and the club would get.

A better idea,although even less likely to happen would be to get 2000 traveling and standing outside the away end,making noise when we score etc but the away end would be completely empty.

we will keep dreaming mate :lol:

but i know a guarenteed 5 people who are going who will stand and sing all match :shock:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Aug 2008 22:04

Royalshow Charlton will be the new Fulham away then.Drinking on train into london/in london /and out of london >any game up north.

Bristol City is the new Fulham. It's even on the same weekend that Fulham traditionally was.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Aug 2008 22:06

I seriously doubt that. I think we'll take 500-800 max. We took fewer than that to West Ham last year when it was on TV. Similar proces and similar location.