Home game reduced again

royalsteve

Home game reduced again

by royalsteve » 16 Sep 2008 00:51

With another discount of a home game.....i wonder whether some question whether should have renewed their season tickets

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Home game reduced again

by The 17 Bus » 16 Sep 2008 04:09

As it is the middle of the night and I am bored I shall do the maths for you.

ST renewal £425.

23 games at £23 cheapest adult seats pre booked =£529, discounts so far half price for Plymouth, and one free if bought with two others , so £34-50p, meaning to attend all games as non st is at this moment ££494.5, so buying ST still leaves £69-50 up.

If you are talking about the £4 saving for tonight that is a standard thing, heaven forbid they want fans paying on the gate.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Sep 2008 09:17

Don't forget buy 2 get QPR free...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Sep 2008 11:19

With this discount for tonights game, what are tickets going for now?

I paid full whack 3 weeks ago and will be far from happy if some Jo90 can buy the same type of ticket for less!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Sep 2008 11:59

Deathy With this discount for tonights game, what are tickets going for now?

I paid full whack 3 weeks ago and will be far from happy if some Jo90 can buy the same type of ticket for less!

Lump it.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Sep 2008 12:16

readingbedding
Deathy With this discount for tonights game, what are tickets going for now?

Lump it.

'greed.

Joe 90 > Jay.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Sep 2008 12:48

I think it's quite fair to be a little cheesed off if I have paid a few quid more than the guy next to me just because he got his ticket when the club decided to make a reduced offer for the same game.

I'll lump it, but it's not on!

What are the reduced prices for sitting in Y25?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Sep 2008 12:52

TBF, I agree with Jay. It is a bit tight of the club to reduce tickets for the game once they have already started selling the tickets. It's not like there is a best before date on the football (well, some might say that was May 2007 but that's another discussion).

I have no arguments with the "Buy one, get one half price" or "Buy two, get on free offers" on tickets, but I think this is a bit unfair on those who have bought tickets in advance.

The other thing about this is - are the same discounts being passed on to the Wednesday fans? As if not, surely this would be a breach of FL ticketing regulations?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Sep 2008 13:03

T.R.O.L.I. TBF, I agree with Jay.

I refuse to read any more of your post.

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 16 Sep 2008 13:06

Someone wrote on another thread "When clubs try to do offer a discount or a package for a certain number of games as you suggest, they usually get a number of ST holders complaining and saying "Hey, we paid all our money up front to get a discount, now you're giving the same discount to people who are only prepared to back you for 3 or 4 games.""

Case proven...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Sep 2008 13:06

Row Z Royal
T.R.O.L.I. TBF, I agree with Jay.

I refuse to read any more of your post.

:lol: Don't be like that Z'ers. Trolli's only being nice because he wants his tummy rubbed later.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2008 13:08

T.R.O.L.I. TBF, I agree with Jay. It is a bit tight of the club to reduce tickets for the game once they have already started selling the tickets. It's not like there is a best before date on the football (well, some might say that was May 2007 but that's another discussion).

I have no arguments with the "Buy one, get one half price" or "Buy two, get on free offers" on tickets, but I think this is a bit unfair on those who have bought tickets in advance.

The other thing about this is - are the same discounts being passed on to the Wednesday fans? As if not, surely this would be a breach of FL ticketing regulations?

But they are not reducing the prices - what is everyone's problem? As far as i see it they are doing what they normally do i.e. buy before 5pm or pay the £4 extra.

Besides...what is the problem with lowering prices nearer the match.

My holiday was £125 cheaper than if i bought it last week because they had seats to fill.
My partner bought a brand new golf last week £2000 cheaper than it was the week before because they have units to sell before new model is out.

Getting the pattern?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2008 13:19

Far from the royal crowds Someone wrote on another thread "When clubs try to do offer a discount or a package for a certain number of games as you suggest, they usually get a number of ST holders complaining and saying "Hey, we paid all our money up front to get a discount, now you're giving the same discount to people who are only prepared to back you for 3 or 4 games.""

Case proven...

Doesn't necessarily mean that the complainants are justified in their complaints though.

Having said that, the complaint on this occasion seems to be about prices being reduced for a particular game after some tickets have already been sold for the game, rather than complaining about package deals advertised in advance and available to everyone. If this has happened - and there is some doubt- then the complaints may have some validity, although ptr makes an equally valid point with his comparison to holidays etc.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Sep 2008 13:25

paultheroyal
T.R.O.L.I. TBF, I agree with Jay. It is a bit tight of the club to reduce tickets for the game once they have already started selling the tickets. It's not like there is a best before date on the football (well, some might say that was May 2007 but that's another discussion).

But they are not reducing the prices - what is everyone's problem? As far as i see it they are doing what they normally do i.e. buy before 5pm or pay the £4 extra.

Furry muff - I was under the impression that they were discounting the price even further - having read the OS (and it isn't 100% clear at first read) you are correct regarding the extra £4. As such, there's no disadvantage to people having already bought the tickets.

paultheroyal Besides...what is the problem with lowering prices nearer the match.

My holiday was £125 cheaper than if i bought it last week because they had seats to fill.
My partner bought a brand new golf last week £2000 cheaper than it was the week before because they have units to sell before new model is out.

Getting the pattern?

I think football tickets are not allowed to be part of such a price cutting ploy - as otherwise, why would this not have happened before?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Sep 2008 13:42

Confucious, he say "someone else's advantage is not necessarily your disadvantage...."

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Sep 2008 17:49

Dirk Gently Confucious, he say "someone else's advantage is not necessarily your disadvantage...."

As Platypuss always seems to say:

"Their gain is not your loss"

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Sep 2008 00:54

Buying a ST just means you have prebooked your seat. The club have then entered into an agreement to keep you seat for you for the duration of the season. The club is naturally a business which relies on bums on seats. Therefore to encourage more revenue for the club these deals will always be forthcoming. Better to sell a seat for £1 and expand the fanbase than to have an empty seat. The club has a fair policy compared to other clubs. These deals were available in the Prem asnd meant i could get my daughter into the south stand. The demand is less this season so the club will encourage the supporters in with such deals. If anyone bemoans such a policy why buy a ST in the first place.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Sep 2008 08:20

So they can sit in their fav seats and have a good moan.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 25 Sep 2008 09:47

royalexile Buying a ST just means you have prebooked your seat. The club have then entered into an agreement to keep you seat for you for the duration of the season. The club is naturally a business which relies on bums on seats. Therefore to encourage more revenue for the club these deals will always be forthcoming. Better to sell a seat for £1 and expand the fanbase than to have an empty seat. The club has a fair policy compared to other clubs. These deals were available in the Prem asnd meant i could get my daughter into the south stand. The demand is less this season so the club will encourage the supporters in with such deals. If anyone bemoans such a policy why buy a ST in the first place.

I agree it's good that the club are taking actions to get more bums on seats. However, one of the benefits of buying a season ticket is that you get it at a reduced cost, otherwise why did people used to buy them for terracing when there was never an excess of demand? With that in mind it does mean that your not saving as much through buying a ST as you would if all games were sold at face value

You have to take that into account when you buy your ST, but the club do also sell the ST's as saving you £x's. These sales promotions mean that the advertised saving isn't quite being met

I can understand why some people might feel they've been let down a little bit, but at the end of the day they're getting what they paid for

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 25 Sep 2008 12:15

But it's also like going to the theatre. Some people pay full whack while some people get the late tickets at reduced prices. Do you moan at them for buying the same ticket as you but for a tenner cheaper?