Away end - Ticket allocation

2.8 lita injection

Away end - Ticket allocation

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 20:00

This probably sounds like sour grapes but i dont understand why would want 20%/4k+ of away fans at our stadium ?

Maybe clutching at straws but we should be looking to make the away crowd as small as we have been allocated to equivalent fixture, plus our stewards should be as heavy handed as possible. I have been to so many away games where it is nearly impossible to support our team properly.

Portsmouth were a disgrace in our first away visit to them in the epl, plus many other games.....

Is this down to greed from the top or something else. ????

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Away end - Ticket allocation

by floyd__streete » 21 Feb 2009 20:03

2.8 lita injection This probably sounds like sour grapes but i dont understand why would want 20%/4k+ of away fans at our stadium ?

Because basically only 18,000 home supporters want to watch Reading play in the Championship?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Feb 2009 20:04

2.8 lita injection This probably sounds like sour grapes but i dont understand why would want 20%/4k+ of away fans at our stadium ?

Maybe clutching at straws but we should be looking to make the away crowd as small as we have been allocated to equivalent fixture, plus our stewards should be as heavy handed as possible. I have been to so many away games where it is nearly impossible to support our team properly.

Portsmouth were a disgrace in our first away visit to them in the epl, plus many other games.....

Is this down to greed from the top or something else. ????

Because we can't sell half the south stand to home fans.

There isn't the demand you see.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 21 Feb 2009 20:06

We should give the away fans the lower west and home fans in behind both ends.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 21 Feb 2009 20:09

It was a money making dission!

Why in a game like this would they want to give away fans a whole end to make them play better!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 20:10

I understand the maths, so you think it is a good idea to sell so many to away fans ??

I have found from previous experiences that the away fans/noise/numbers do help the away side to some effect ?

I just think it is very short sighted of our club, i was delighted when i heard the news that wolves would have less than 2.5k fans. I can handle the fact that we dont have the same vocal fans that more established clubs have but we should not be shooting ourselves in the foot for a few extra £k.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Feb 2009 20:14

2.8 lita injection I just think it is very short sighted of our club, i was delighted when i heard the news that wolves would have less than 2.5k fans. I can handle the fact that we dont have the same vocal fans that more established clubs have but we should not be shooting ourselves in the foot for a few extra £k.

I am going to explain this patiently and calmly.

For the Wolves game, the demand - for once - was so high early on for tickets that, as Wolves slowly sold their initial allocation, RFC began to sell the rest of the South Stand to away fans. As you saw by the great yawning gaps in the Upper West, there was no such demand today.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 20:24

So by the replies.....

If we had a demand for 9k of away fans before the home fans then we would sell the tickets to them because of the demand ?

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 21 Feb 2009 20:29

If we had 20,000 - 22,000 regfular fans who attended every game we would not need to or be in a position to offer visiting sides the opportunity to take 4,000 tickets.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 21 Feb 2009 20:36

I complained about this on the Policies Board 2 weeks ago when the decision was made only to be told "it will make for a great atmosphere" Well it did but unfortunately only in the away end. Having failed to sell out the South Stand to home supporters for the Wolves game once again the club have put financial gain before the interests of the team and supporters. Then to cap it all Coppell has the cheek to criticise home fans for being out sung by the City and leaving early!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 20:37

North Somerset Royal I complained about this on the Policies Board 2 weeks ago when the decision was made only to be told "it will make for a great atmosphere" Well it did but unfortunately only in the away end. Having failed to sell out the South Stand to home supporters for the Wolves game once again the club have put financial gain before the interests of the team and supporters. Then to cap it all Coppell has the cheek to criticise home fans for being out sung by the City and leaving early!

Thank you, i thought i was going madder.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 21 Feb 2009 20:40

It would be interesting to know at what point the craven obsequious stewarding operation at RFC admits that its inability to enforce the no standing rule for almost every visiting support this season impacts on our ground licence from the council or our ability to sell large numbers of tickets to people who have no intention of sitting. Looking at blocked stairwells and constant standing today it was interesting to see more stewards deployed against our own fans yet again to sit down than could be bothered to enforce basic stairwell clearance for the away contingent. Surely our beloved council will now tell us we can't sell huge numbers of tickets to such poor unfortunates :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two faced RFC hypocrisy surely not.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 20:43

The whole of the away end were stood up & singing about the fact that they were stood up. :x

I have to admit in away games i try to stand up but at home we seem to be heavy handed on the home fans but soft on the away fans.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 21:03

floyd__streete
2.8 lita injection I just think it is very short sighted of our club, i was delighted when i heard the news that wolves would have less than 2.5k fans. I can handle the fact that we dont have the same vocal fans that more established clubs have but we should not be shooting ourselves in the foot for a few extra £k.

For the Wolves game, the demand - for once - was so high early on for tickets that, as Wolves slowly sold their initial allocation, RFC began to sell the rest of the South Stand to away fans. As you saw by the great yawning gaps in the Upper West, there was no such demand today.

Nearly, but not quite - Wolves were offered the whole of the away stand, but the thing to always remember that when you take more than the initial ticket allocation then it is not sale or return - the away club has to pay for all 4,000 tickets, whether they actually sell them all or not.

Jez Moxey, Wolves Chief Exec, is on record saying he'll never take the financial risk of a larger allocation unless he's sure he'll sell them all. He wasn't, so he didn't take them all.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 21:05

2.8 lita injection So by the replies.....

If we had a demand for 9k of away fans before the home fans then we would sell the tickets to them because of the demand ?

No- it's the way the segregation works. 2.2k for half the South Stand or 4.2k for the whole end. And that's the maximum.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 21:08

North Somerset Royal ...... Having failed to sell out the South Stand to home supporters for the Wolves game once again the club have put financial gain before the interests of the team and supporters. ....

Isn't financial gain also the gain of the team and supporters. It's not like the money goes into anyone's pocket - it pays the players and coaches and reduces the financial deficit of being in the Championship but running the football side of the club on a PL budget (e.g. number of coaches, keeping ProZone on, etc).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 21:14

Because they pay 20 quid each (plus refreshment, car parking and catering) for what would otherwise be empty seats.

2.8 lita injection Maybe clutching at straws but we should be looking to make the away crowd as small as we have been allocated to equivalent fixture, plus our stewards should be as heavy handed as possible. I have been to so many away games where it is nearly impossible to support our team properly.

How would that achieve anything except drag down standards of stewarding etc. Surely the efforts should be to raise work to raise standards everywhere not bring them down? Or then things will just get worse and worse at every ground and for every supporter of every team.

2.8 lita injection Is this down to greed from the top or something else. ????

No, it's called trying to balance the books in a financial crisis. This is real life, not a game of football manager!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 21:25

Dirk Gently
North Somerset Royal ...... Having failed to sell out the South Stand to home supporters for the Wolves game once again the club have put financial gain before the interests of the team and supporters. ....

Isn't financial gain also the gain of the team and supporters. It's not like the money goes into anyone's pocket - it pays the players and coaches and reduces the financial deficit of being in the Championship but running the football side of the club on a PL budget (e.g. number of coaches, keeping ProZone on, etc).

LOL

I know the maths, you are truly exposing yourself as bank manager.......

Short Term ****

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 21 Feb 2009 21:27

floyd__streete

Nice to see you Peter Kenyon.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Feb 2009 21:29

Out of 8 random seats in the N Stand, 6 were occupied by Brizzul fans....Meself and daughter were the other two.

Bit like being in the Prem again :roll: