Bus Question for Saturday/cost of buses

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Bus Question for Saturday/cost of buses

by LoyalRoyalFan » 29 Jul 2009 10:52

Hello,

Just wanted to know,whether the buses will be running for Saturday's game vs Chelsea? If they are running,will they be running at the same time as last season?

Many thanks.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bus Question for Saturday.

by Compo's Hat » 29 Jul 2009 13:34

http://www.reading-buses.co.uk/football/

Prince of Wales bus will be back for the Forest game 8)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 29 Jul 2009 18:58

Thanks.

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 29 Jul 2009 20:03

Make sure you've got 50p extra guys cause the fares have gone up by the formentioned price.......If i told you the REAL reason why they've gone up i might get the sack.......but who gives a sh1t,i don't.....The rumour is that the company have now got to pay full price for the drivers tickets to the games this season instead of only half price like they have for the last few seasons....hence the price rise............

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 29 Jul 2009 20:14

so an extra £12 for the driver to watch the game, and two buses full of passengers, 73 per bus is it, have to pay 50p extra.

Something smells, and it is some kind of shite.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jul 2009 22:15

PardewsLoveChild Make sure you've got 50p extra guys cause the fares have gone up by the formentioned price.......If i told you the REAL reason why they've gone up i might get the sack.......but who gives a sh1t,i don't.....The rumour is that the company have now got to pay full price for the drivers tickets to the games this season instead of only half price like they have for the last few seasons....hence the price rise............

I heard some guff about how pensioners can use their bus passes and they aren't subsidised, so we'v got to pay for them. It is an inbelievable fvcking disgrace that they can do this. Considering it's not like the sevice runs empty half the time like some sort of rural bus route I really don't see how RB are doing anything other than rolling it in with this.

Plus, if pensioner BPs are allowed why not busabouts and the like?

There is now no reason whatsoever not to cab to the ground and jib the bus back, fvcking shocking, especially considering we're supposed to use public transport these days to save polar bears :evil:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 30 Jul 2009 07:22

Never been keen on polar bears since they kept all the Glacier mints to themselves, bastards.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Jul 2009 12:57

Reading Buses are always looking for excuses to put the prices up :x

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jul 2009 13:24

PardewsLoveChild Make sure you've got 50p extra guys cause the fares have gone up by the formentioned price.......If i told you the REAL reason why they've gone up i might get the sack.......but who gives a sh1t,i don't.....The rumour is that the company have now got to pay full price for the drivers tickets to the games this season instead of only half price like they have for the last few seasons....hence the price rise............

I'd heard that it was because the club will be charging £50 a bus to park at the stadium!! :twisted:

:wink:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 30 Jul 2009 14:51

I heard this was because the club was no longer providing the drivers with free bovril and hot dogs

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 30 Jul 2009 18:29

Nothing to do with a certain driver winding up away opposition leading to smashy smashy?

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 30 Jul 2009 19:53

Royalshow

Nothing to do with a certain driver winding up away opposition leading to smashy smashy?

Are you saying i wound up a certain section of Brizzle City fans.................I only called them welsh :twisted:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 31 Jul 2009 09:15

Reading Buses = robbing oxf*rd. A £4 return is nothing short of scandalous. Taxi and bus ticket jib it is this season, should save me at least £2 a game and mean extra time in the pub beforehand

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 31 Jul 2009 11:34

Huntley & Palmer Reading Buses = robbing oxf*rd. A £4 return is nothing short of scandalous. Taxi and bus ticket jib it is this season, should save me at least £2 a game and mean extra time in the pub beforehand

good idea

Charles Dapper

The Great Bus Rip Off

by Charles Dapper » 31 Jul 2009 14:33

Hi There,

I've already done this on the STAR page, but it died a death there.

I can't believe we're now being charged £4.00 for a return ticket.

I think this is outrageous

If it is because drivers no longer get half price tickets for the game, that doesn't really explain why it's now so expensive.
As for it having to been subsided, well all the buses are full so how could that be the case?

I really want to get this debate going because I feel there is something we can do about it.
Surely it's better all round for more people to use the bus?

Dear Moderater is it possible to turn this into a poll so people can express their opinion.
And put it on the home page for people to see straight away, rather than have it hidden away.

I have contacted other supporters trust and I'm slowly getting some figures in.

for example:

Bristol City £1 each way from City
Sunderland - although there is no special bus since it's so close to the metro. There is a park and ride which is free and that includes the bus.

Maybe McDonald might like to sponsor the bus, since they must make a killing from the supporters.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Great Bus Rip Off

by Thaumagurist* » 31 Jul 2009 14:44

Bloody hell, man. Do you need to start another thread on it. :roll:

Oh and you can do the poll yourself, you don't need the mods to do it for yourself. Just look at the section below the "submit" buttons.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Jul 2009 14:45

Its because Reading Buses are not part of Reading Football Club

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 31 Jul 2009 14:49

In my experience, ours is possibly the worst stadium to get to in the league via public transport. And prices such as these do absolutely nothing to alleviate the problem - in fact, they are completely counterproductive. Our financial options for getting to the ground are:-

TRAIN/BUS - I have a season ticket, so I'm lucky + £1 for my son + £5 for my mate + £10 bus fares = £16 (+ bus into Basingstoke town centre so nearer £20 in reality)

BASINGSTOKE BUS - 2x£5.50 + £2.50 = £13.50 for a THREE HOUR round trip

CAR - £8 parking + shared petrol costs = £10 max.

This season we're putting up with it and coming in by car, but next season is serious belt-tightening time and we'll only be attending matches when it's dry and warm enough to cycle to and from the stadium. We'll literally have to become fair-weather fans until the club sorts out the appalling transport provision to and from the stadium.
Last edited by CMRoyal on 31 Jul 2009 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Bus Question for Saturday/cost of buses

by TBM » 31 Jul 2009 14:51

The monorail they're building should help

Royalshow

Re: Bus Question for Saturday/cost of buses

by Royalshow » 31 Jul 2009 14:52

I reckon a mass bus boycott! Bike it, walk it, car share it etc until things change.