Turnstyle suspicions.......

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
oxmiller

Turnstyle suspicions.......

by oxmiller » 03 Jan 2010 12:39

Queing to enter the North Stand Gate 6 yesterday I noticed a number of people getting to the front of the queue to enter a turnstyle before turning around, leaving the queue and then going to join the queue for the next turnstyle. It seemed they had "friends" already in the ground advising them whether, ot not, to come in at any given time.
I suspect they were trying to enter the turnstyles on "Concession" member cards and trying to avoid being spotted by stewards/officials inside the concourse.

Matt de K

Re: Turnstyle suspicions.......

by Matt de K » 03 Jan 2010 15:04

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Jan 2010 16:33

oxmiller Queing to enter the North Stand Gate 6 yesterday I noticed a number of people getting to the front of the queue to enter a turnstyle before turning around, leaving the queue and then going to join the queue for the next turnstyle. It seemed they had "friends" already in the ground advising them whether, ot not, to come in at any given time.
I suspect they were trying to enter the turnstyles on "Concession" member cards and trying to avoid being spotted by stewards/officials inside the concourse.

More likley they were struggling with the readers. You often get people who's cards don;t work on one turnstile then trying a different one.

Dodging checks would be pointless as the way they are done means they flood one gate at a time and have 3 or 4 people watching the lights.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jan 2010 16:40

And what is the idea of congregating right in front of the turnstyles when the card doesn't work? A polite suggestion to the redcoats; move clear so customers can gain access to their seats and sort out the problem.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Jan 2010 17:19

Terminal Boardom A polite suggestion to the redcoats;.

Hi Di Hi

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1