Moving seats

dean horrix legend

Moving seats

by dean horrix legend » 09 Feb 2010 11:34

I usually go to football with my Father, who is currently recovering from surgery, so isn't upto going and I thought I would move my season ticket from the North to the East to sit with my son.I have just been told by the ticket office that this is only possible if I buy a matchday ticket for somebody else in the East stand and they will move my seat to sit with them.

Why is this?There will be thousands of empty seats in the ground,what is the problem?

I can understand it being a problem if we were selling out week in week out,as we were in the Prem but it doesn't make any sense to me now.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Moving seats

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Feb 2010 15:04

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 09 Feb 2010 15:24

Looked at that and it doesn't tell me anything.I want to change for one game not forever.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Feb 2010 15:26

Oh :oops:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 09:25

I think the reason they don;t officially allow one off changes is that although for you it is a simple exercise for the TO it would become a real headache if hundreds decided to do it each week. Therefore they say it can't be done in order to rpevent it getting out of hand.

I usually find that a trip to the TO and a chat in person explaining a particular need is dealt with sympathetically, although there may be reasons why even that would not be succesful in all cases.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 10 Feb 2010 09:39

I've 'officially' moved seats for one game this season with no problem at all. I called the ticket office to query if I could and there was no hesitation, and it was sorted straight away. No charge. I even remember thinking how much improved the TO is these days.

It was to stay within the East Stand but I can't see the difference between that and moving between stands when it's changed on the member card anyway. Try calling them again.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 09:45

Russell Street I've 'officially' moved seats for one game this season with no problem at all. I called the ticket office to query if I could and there was no hesitation, and it was sorted straight away. No charge. I even remember thinking how much improved the TO is these days.

It was to stay within the East Stand but I can't see the difference between that and moving between stands when it's changed on the member card anyway. Try calling them again.

Seat changes would need a paper ticket. They may not have issued you with one but because the ST has your seat on it the rule is that you should have a paper ticket with the new seat details on.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 10 Feb 2010 09:49

Thinking back a paper ticket was issued, but that's not the issue here - it was still done with no problem.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 09:56

Russell Street Thinking back a paper ticket was issued, but that's not the issue here - it was still done with no problem.

I wasn't trying to make it an issue !

Simply an observation

It seems clear that this is one of those things that the club has a rule preventing it happening (for good reasons) but will usually accommodate reasonable requests....

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Feb 2010 10:09

tho according to regulations, if permission is given it is allowed.

1 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Feb 2010 10:10

Sun Tzu
Russell Street Thinking back a paper ticket was issued, but that's not the issue here - it was still done with no problem.

Simply an observation

It seems clear that this is one of those things that the club has a rule preventing it happening (for good reasons) but will usually accommodate reasonable requests....

Sounds to me like he spoke to the wrong person, and it was a perfectly reasonable request.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 10:14

Harpers So Solid Crew
Sun Tzu

Simply an observation

Sounds to me like he spoke to the wrong person, and it was a perfectly reasonable request.

Who knows, the request might have been misunderstood or asked of someone who didn't quite understand the difference between the rules and what is done in practice.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Feb 2010 10:16

whch is why is best to be able to quote the rules to get what you wat, is always possible to ask for a highe authority, you would do it in many other situations. If you feel something is reasonable and possible then there is no need to not ask for a second opinion.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 10:20

Harpers So Solid Crew whch is why is best to be able to quote the rules to get what you wat, is always possible to ask for a highe authority, you would do it in many other situations. If you feel something is reasonable and possible then there is no need to not ask for a second opinion.

The rule you quoted has no bearing on the point in question though.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Feb 2010 10:23

Can you show me a rule that says you cannot move seats??

TBH there are very few real rules in the list of regulations.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Feb 2010 10:25

Harpers So Solid Crew Can you show me a rule that says you cannot move seats??

TBH there are very few real rules in the list of regulations.

You certainly cannot simply move between stands. Whether it's a 'rule' in terms of the ground regs or not you cannot do it UNLESS directed by an official.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 10 Feb 2010 11:32

I was told if I buy a ticket in the East stand for someone and I wanted to sit with them that would be fine,they would move my season ticket.

When I said my Son had a season ticket in the East stand and I wanted to sit with him, I was told it wouldn't be possible.

What is the difference?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Feb 2010 13:15

dean horrix legend I was told if I buy a ticket in the East stand for someone and I wanted to sit with them that would be fine,they would move my season ticket.

When I said my Son had a season ticket in the East stand and I wanted to sit with him, I was told it wouldn't be possible.

What is the difference?

What's in it for the club? They don't get the extra ticket sale out of it to justify the hassle.

I don't want it to sound facetious, because moving it for you without an additional purchase wouldn't have taken them more then 5 minutes or so - but if they do it for you without a purchase they'd then have to do it for anyone else who asked to move for any match - and it'd then only take a few people deciding that they fancied sitting in a different stand for every match to make the extra admin slow the service down for everyone else.

It sounds harsh, but back in the days of Boyd Butler when there were all sorts of seat-moving and ticket buy-back schemes etc etc the service was rubbish because they were all spending disproportionate amounts of time on things like this. Do a favour for you and where does it stop?

Having said that, try e-mailing customer services and explaining the situation and the medical reasons for it and asking them if they'll make a special exception....

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 10 Feb 2010 13:32

Harpers So Solid Crew tho according to regulations, if permission is given it is allowed.

1 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer

well it looks like i break the rules most weeks then!

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 27 Oct 2010 11:00

Is there a limit to the number of times the seat can be moved. I moved my seat last game, but need to once again as i'm going with freinds this saturday. Is this possible?