Blackpool (A) tickets

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Clockwatcher

Blackpool (A) tickets

by Clockwatcher » 10 Feb 2010 10:41

Anyone going to this ground for the first time as an away supporter will be in for a bit of a culture shock.

As far as I am aware every other ground in the CCC has covered areas for the away fans. I remember Norwich a few years ago having a temporary structure but Blackpool are charging £24.50 for an adult ticket to sit open to the elements.

No Roof to act as a sounding board so not much atmosphere can be generated.

Should we be in a position to complain to someone or should we just " grin and bear it" like the dedicated fans we are?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blackpool (A) tickets

by weybridgewanderer » 10 Feb 2010 12:39

we stll here? they were building a south stand and hoping to have it open by end of 2009 with away fans moving into the North stand.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... 2#comments

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Feb 2010 15:46

If you've been to the Withdean, then it's not a culture shock. There's no reason to complain at all, particularly if you know what is in store when buying your ticket. The choice is yours really, to buy or not to buy.

One thing that is noteworthy is the fact that BFC charge £4.50 more for away fans than for home fans in the newer areas of the stadium. Their website states that it is £5 more for non-members, but I was under the impression that away fans were charged the same as members. At least that's what the explanation was when it was questioned why away fans paid £15 for the FA Cup games at the Madejski. Is there any clear policy on this Dirkers?

Further news - the new south stand behind the goal is, all being well, being opened for the first time for the match against Reading.

http://www.blackpool.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=517562

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 10 Feb 2010 15:58

ALOL @ Suggesting lodging a complaint for a ground not having a roof on the away end!! :lol:

How long have you been watching football Clockwatcher?? I remember when it was a luxury to have a roof on the away end.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 10 Feb 2010 16:15

The temporary stand supplied to Blackpool after the last British Golf Open to held at Lytham is great you can here the players talking to each other throughout the game.

working class hero

by working class hero » 10 Feb 2010 18:09

Hugo Boss ALOL @ Suggesting lodging a complaint for a ground not having a roof on the away end!! :lol:

How long have you been watching football Clockwatcher?? I remember when it was a luxury to have a roof on the away end.

When I started watching quite a number of clubs did not have cover over the HOME ends....

Clockwatcher

by Clockwatcher » 11 Feb 2010 09:12

Hugo Boss ALOL @ Suggesting lodging a complaint for a ground not having a roof on the away end!! :lol:

I have been watching for many years and I was specifically referring to the current CCC grounds ........
However I can remember being at the Goldstone ,Plough Lane, Gilliingham and a regular on the Tilehurst end amongst others so this may tell you that I belong to the older age group .

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Feb 2010 11:03

Clockwatcher

I have been watching for many years and I was specifically referring to the current CCC grounds ........
However I can remember being at the Goldstone ,Plough Lane, Gilliingham and a regular on the Tilehurst end amongst others so this may tell you that I belong to the older age group .

You want a shit away end? Try Halifax on a Friday night!

It goes to show just how much football grounds have improved for the spectator. There can not be too many grounds left in the top 4 divisions that don't provide covered accommodation for the visiting supporter. I would hazard a guess and suggest less than one quarter.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Feb 2010 13:00

As I appreciate that my only role on this planet is to answer such questions when posed by hangbags, here you go.....

Blackpool have found a loophole around the FL's ticketing schemes by having a membership scheme which gives ticket discounts, except that the cost of the scheme (£5) is more than the discount, so there's no point in joining unless you were attending a couple of matches there this season. But if anyone wanted to join for a fiver, they'd be entitled to cheaper tickets there, at the same price as home members.

We do the same in principle, at RFC, except that the big differences are that our charge for a member card is tiny/free, and it doesn't need renewing every season. We also only surcharge non0members on matchday, I think.

I have asked both RFC and the people at the FL in Preston to set up a "reciprocal members" scheme, where if you're a member of one club's membership scheme you get the discounts which are available to the member of the home club - that's only fair and that would be best for all regular supporters. As far as I know, Blackpool just aren't playing ball with anyone on this - but if you look at the history of the Oyston family you'll have no surprises about ....

On a sidenote about reciprocal ticket discounts, it is RFC's policy to offer these to visiting clubs, and all power to them for doing that. But often the visiting club can't be bothered to take this up as it's hassle for them to pass discounts on - and a few years ago in the PL Manchester United took the member's discount off RFC and sold the tickets to their members at full price without giving them the discount!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Feb 2010 14:06

The rear of the ticket still shows the uncovered away end is still as it was. The new stand built to the left of the away stand has no seating plan so i'm not sure that is opens up and passed a safety certificate.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 11 Feb 2010 21:29

Dirk Gently As I appreciate that my only role on this planet is to answer such questions when posed by hangbags, here you go.....

Don't put yourself in a position where you have the answers to such questions and you shall not be asked :roll:

All the local press are saying that it's going to open for the Reading game, "all being well". My ol' man lives up there so is in a position to inform as to what goes on in the realms of Preston and Blackpool.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 12 Feb 2010 13:43

Dirk Gently - and a few years ago in the PL Manchester United took the member's discount off RFC, then securitised their batch of tickets into a leveraged structured product paying the Glazier's a managemenet fee and arrangement fee. Shares in the bond gave the acquirer one seat access and were sold for £50 per unit. Under the terms of the bond the Glazier's Cayman trust fund then had exclusive rights to run a secondary market in the bond (known to you and me as touting) and were able to offer members of the Privlege Executive club the ability to acquire tickets for up to £300

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1