The 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil Prediction thread

216 posts
Unbelievable Jeff

Re: The 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil Prediction thread

by Unbelievable Jeff » 04 Apr 2014 17:07

No European team to ever win it in South America I think so I will go for a European dominated tournament.

Spain to Win.
Germany Runners up.
Third Place Play-Off between England and France

Belgium = overrated and therefore will get to round of 16 maximum

overachievers = Switzerland and Greece

Underachievers = Brazil and Italy

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 04 Apr 2014 19:37

This World Cup is in Brazil, whilst they might not win it they won't be far away.

What's everyones verdict on the Argies (other than hating them more than Germany and being a bunch of cheats)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Apr 2014 19:54

Reading4eva This World Cup is in Brazil, whilst they might not win it they won't be far away.

What's everyones verdict on the Argies (other than hating them more than Germany and being a bunch of cheats)

No, really?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 04 Apr 2014 20:02

sandman
Reading4eva This World Cup is in Brazil, whilst they might not win it they won't be far away.

No, really?

I told you not to plan a summer trip to Russia Sandman. Will you be able to change your flights?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Apr 2014 20:49

Reading4eva
Mr.Swainey
Reading4eva It's that time, to predict what will happen in the World Cup. I have boshed together a little video for it as I used a little predictor. My two finalists are Brazil and Belgium.

So what do you think will happen and what of England's chances...

Here's my full predictions and group games: http://youtu.be/jG_wBhwk8Xg

Please mind the video it's my first attempt of modifying one

What has Billie Jean got to do with the World Cup? :|

As said it's my first attempt and I wanted some sort of backing track. That was the only one I thought was suitable enough

Help me here with your thinking. In what way was Billie Jean "suitable enough"

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 05 Apr 2014 01:03

Côte d'Ivoire

Nice easy group (Colombia, Greece & Japan), then who knows where they could go should they progress? They have some real attacking talent (Drogba, Gervinho, Toure & Doumbia), are used to playing in the heat, and will go for it in every game with nothing to lose. My main worry would be defensively, as they are far from solid at the back but do grind out results.

I understand there are many far more likely winners, but I for one will not be ignoring the white elephant in the room at 150/1.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 05 Apr 2014 22:42

Royal Prince Côte d'Ivoire

Nice easy group (Colombia, Greece & Japan), then who knows where they could go should they progress? They have some real attacking talent (Drogba, Gervinho, Toure & Doumbia), are used to playing in the heat, and will go for it in every game with nothing to lose. My main worry would be defensively, as they are far from solid at the back but do grind out results.

I understand there are many far more likely winners, but I for one will not be ignoring the white elephant in the room at 150/1.

greece is very very hard to score against, and usually win games 1-0. they will be a tough opponent for anyone to break down. who knows how columbia will do without falcao.

also belgium lost benteke for the world cup so they only have one solid striker (lukaku) who has never played in a world cup and who is very young.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Apr 2014 10:55

Have Greece scored in a World Cup yet?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Apr 2014 01:20

Yes, the last one.

Wikipedia has furnished me with details, they scored twice against Nigeria.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Apr 2014 11:07

Aaaah, they must be very proud

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 10 Apr 2014 20:56

I still don't understand how they won Euro 2004

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 10 Apr 2014 21:17

Reading4eva I still don't understand how they won Euro 2004

Well-drilled team playing to their strengths, willingness to play to the plan rather than as individuals and a slice of luck.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 10 Apr 2014 23:18

stealthpapes
Reading4eva I still don't understand how they won Euro 2004

Well-drilled team playing to their strengths, willingness to play to the plan rather than as individuals and a slice of luck.

bit more than a slice of luck tbf. they got extraordinarily lucky.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2014 16:38

Rather Greece winning it than the same old teams yet again. Still think Brazil will take some dislodging on their own patch though. Dark horses for me are the Dutch

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Apr 2014 11:18

Sutekh Rather Greece winning it than the same old teams yet again. Still think Brazil will take some dislodging on their own patch though. Dark horses for me are the Dutch

Really cant see the Dutch doing much at all.

Has anyone though Liverpool probably winning the league could do wonders for England's confidence. I think we need to base the team around Liverpool (and Everton) players moving forwards as I honestly think those two clubs have the future of football in this country under their control. Southampton probably outsiders and maybe us in the long run (but we will only sell them)

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 17 Apr 2014 16:38

:lol:

Nice easy group? you obviously don't know much about international football then. Out of all of the groups this one is the most competitive, any of these four teams could go through and IMO Ivory Coast are the outsiders due to their shocking defending and Overrated attack. Colombia are a great side, albeit they're not proven on any big stage yet. Greece are again a very good side with a few great players and well organised, they also have a very sturdy defence. Japan are underrated, they have some great players going forward and in midfield such as Kagawa, Inui, Kiyotake, Honda etc. However their defence is a bit shaky.

This group is anyone's for the taking, I would say Colombia to top it followed by Greece.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 18 Apr 2014 16:47

The winners / runners up from this group will face England in the next round, should we miraculously scrape through. What price a Cote d'Ivoire v England 2nd round game with Drogba terrorising our back line and Yaya T dominating midfield? It could be England v Cameroon all over again.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 20 Apr 2014 19:34

Unbelievable Jeff

Nice easy group? you obviously don't know much about international football then. Out of all of the groups this one is the most competitive, any of these four teams could go through and IMO Ivory Coast are the outsiders due to their shocking defending and Overrated attack. Colombia are a great side, albeit they're not proven on any big stage yet. Greece are again a very good side with a few great players and well organised, they also have a very sturdy defence. Japan are underrated, they have some great players going forward and in midfield such as Kagawa, Inui, Kiyotake, Honda etc. However their defence is a bit shaky.

This group is anyone's for the taking, I would say Colombia to top it followed by Greece.

Is Colombia still wobbly enough that a repeat of Escobar is still likely? I know very little about the country apart from they are expected to get through

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 20 Apr 2014 23:37

Reading4eva
Unbelievable Jeff

Is Colombia still wobbly enough that a repeat of Escobar is still likely? I know very little about the country apart from they are expected to get through

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean about Escobar, maybe that is a little before my time :lol:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 21 Apr 2014 00:14

:|

216 posts