Germany or Scotland

Who do you want to win, Germany or Scotland?

Germany
60%
Scotland
40%

Total votes: 20
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Germany or Scotland

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2024 17:00

St Pauli
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Could you not see the other foot studs up straight into the ankle first on the repeated slow mos?

I think SP has admitted he missed that at first

Yep, and also, ‘studs up’ tackles are mainly dangerous when a player is running in from distance with lots of weight and momentum behind the tackle/foul, not when you’re just kicking out at an opponent from a standing still position.

Saying it was a ‘studs up tackle’ brings up a mental image of something much worse than what the tackle yesterday actually was.

When you jump in two footed it's dangerous and a red

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Jun 2024 19:27

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Franchise FC I think SP has admitted he missed that at first

Yep, and also, ‘studs up’ tackles are mainly dangerous when a player is running in from distance with lots of weight and momentum behind the tackle/foul, not when you’re just kicking out at an opponent from a standing still position.

Saying it was a ‘studs up tackle’ brings up a mental image of something much worse than what the tackle yesterday actually was.

Yeah obviously.

But there’s jumping in with a 0 metres run up, and there’s jumping in with a 30 metres run up.

One is more dangerous than the other. But yeah ok, you’re right Ian. Well done. Hope you feel better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2024 19:41

St Pauli
Snowflake Royal
St Pauli

Yeah obviously.

But there’s jumping in with a 0 metres run up, and there’s jumping in with a 30 metres run up.

One is more dangerous than the other. But yeah ok, you’re right Ian. Well done. Hope you feel better.

Weird that you already admitted you were wrong, then are rowing back. Jumping in from standing or running, it's all dangerous and red, the degree of dangerous is pretty immaterial at that point.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Jun 2024 20:52

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Snowflake Royal When you jump in two footed it's dangerous and a red

Yeah obviously.

Weird that you already admitted you were wrong, then are rowing back. Jumping in from standing or running, it's all dangerous and red, the degree of dangerous is pretty immaterial at that point.

Weird that you picked up on it in the first place. Anything to make yourself feel big and others feel small I guess.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 16 Jun 2024 21:51

St Pauli
Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Yeah obviously.

Weird that you picked up on it in the first place. Anything to make yourself feel big and others feel small I guess.

He loves doing that, it's his favourite thing

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jun 2024 22:00

St Pauli
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Could you not see the other foot studs up straight into the ankle first on the repeated slow mos?

I think SP has admitted he missed that at first

This is the point at which you stay quiet because I’ve already dug you out of that particular hole
Put the bloody shovel down

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Jun 2024 22:14

Franchise FC
St Pauli

This is the point at which you stay quiet because I’ve already dug you out of that particular hole

Physics doesn’t lie, Bro!

Maybe if you’d studied a Stem degree you’d understand!

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 16 Jun 2024 22:14

Franchise FC
St Pauli

St.P, ignore this terrible advice from Franchise (I think he might be new around here!)

#no_surrender

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Jun 2024 22:15

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
St Pauli

St.P, ignore this terrible advice from Franchise (I think he might be new around here!)

#no_surrender

+ 1, where’s the fun in that!?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Jun 2024 01:33

Royal Rother
Snowflake Royal Yeah, sure they tried, but they approached the game all wrong.

They left huge gaps down each flank and between midfield and attack.

They went in thinking they had a chance, completely underestimating Germany. They were set up like 3-4-3 and they could take the game to Germany, but they barely had a kick. And they didn’t adapt.

England would have battered that performance too.

We probably could have if we played in the way Germany did, but we wouldn't have because the over-riding thoughts in some of the players' minds as the game kicked off would have been "if in doubt, recycle, let's not lose this game". And that comes from the manager.

I don’t think that’s England’s issue really . We’ve scored 4 goals and above in games under Southgate at major championships when we’ve faced inferior opposition who set up in a certain way. I would have backed up to put at least 4 past Scotland the way they set up today.

England’s issue is when tge opposition do lay a glove on us and look a threat , we panic and go into our shell. It happened again in today’s game. All Southgate’s talk about how important possession is goes out of the window . A spell of possession and recycling the ball was exactly what we needed at times today when Serbia were really pushing.

And whilst Southgate is ultimately responsible for that, some of his players clearly lack the character to overcome this because it’s becoming a common theme.

Just my opinion of course but whilst both Foden and Palmer have quick feet, neither of them do it at the pace that Musiala seems to. Eze within our squad and possibly Saka are probably the closest we have for that.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Jun 2024 08:11

St Pauli
Franchise FC
St Pauli

Be careful with comments about backgrounds
You have no idea about my educational qualifications

Maybe if you’d read the laws of the game you’d understand … or maybe you can point me to the sentence where it states that a challenge can only be considered dangerous if it started from 30 yards away

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 17 Jun 2024 09:18

Franchise FC
St Pauli
Franchise FC This is the point at which you stay quiet because I’ve already dug you out of that particular hole

Be careful with comments about backgrounds
You have no idea about my educational qualifications

Maybe if you’d read the laws of the game you’d understand … or maybe you can point me to the sentence where it states that a challenge can only be considered dangerous if it started from 30 yards away

Calm down champ- it was a reference to Brobots jabs at the humanities and BA community more generally.

Re the foul seemed like a harsh interpretation of the rule book on first viewing to me, but I’m not a professional ref, or even that interested in football as a sport. I’m more in it for the social aspect and the drinking. Some people are fascinated by the stats, tactics, players, rules, etc. me I find all that stuff incredibly boring. It’s why you rarely find me on the team board.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 Jun 2024 13:33

"Harsh interpretation"???

F*ck me - even Ally McCoist was saying it was a clear red card, and he wears tartan glasses!