England v Denmark

121 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: England v Denmark

by Brum Royal » 21 Jun 2024 15:07

Pepe the Horseman
Brum Royal An option for me would be to not start TAA but have him come on as the right wing sub for Saka and just let him get at players without having to defend, then you can structure the centre of the midfield properly.

There was a poll on Twitter running last night asking the question of who of the these former England "stars" would you have in the current squad - Ferdinand, A Cole, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard. The runaway winner was Ashley Cole, to at least give the squad some balance down the left flank.

No Kalvin Phillips option?

:lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Jun 2024 16:29

No energy all game but once we hit 75/80 minutes it was as if they had been playing 120 minutes in crazy temperatures

Also at 80ish minutes we started ti play like a team trying to hold and defend a lead, which we didn’t have!

No urgency in free kicks etc and I know needs must at times but going back to Pickford all the time

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Jun 2024 19:14

At least it puts the kaibosh on Southgate to Utd

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Jun 2024 19:22

Winston Biscuit I said before game 1 Anthony Gordon should be out on the left, I said before game 2 Anthony Gordon should be out on the left. I hope to see Anthony Gordon out on the left in game 3

You're gonna play a Scorpio just as Mercury enters Cancer...you need your head tested!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Jun 2024 19:24

SouthDownsRoyal No energy all game but once we hit 75/80 minutes it was as if they had been playing 120 minutes in crazy temperatures

Also at 80ish minutes we started ti play like a team trying to hold and defend a lead, which we didn’t have!

No urgency in free kicks etc and I know needs must at times but going back to Pickford all the time

Sounds like Reading under some of our recent managers

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Jun 2024 19:37

BRO_BOT At least it puts the kaibosh on Southgate to Utd

True, I’ll sleep better tonight now

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 21 Jun 2024 22:05

SouthDownsRoyal

I wouldn't bet on it, Ratcliffe is looking for a yes man manager who will play whoever ratcliffe and is advisors buy.
Southgate is perfect for that role, just ask the muppets at the FA that's employed him for the last eight years at 4.8M a year.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Jun 2024 23:18

72 bus
SouthDownsRoyal

I wouldn't bet on it, Ratcliffe is looking for a yes man manager who will play whoever ratcliffe and is advisors buy.
Southgate is perfect for that role, just ask the muppets at the FA that's employed him for the last eight years at 4.8M a year.

£4.8m a year? :shock:

Regards Man Utd, I couldn’t be less interested who their manager is

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Jun 2024 23:40

SouthDownsRoyal
72 bus
SouthDownsRoyal

Who's your manager?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2024 10:31

Royal Rother A good manager looks at the players at his disposal and works out how to form the most effective team from them, utilising their best attributes in their best positions, but always thinking how the mix can gel together to be a properly cohesive team.

For sure it’s not easy, but I don’t think Southgate has the vision to do that, which is why we have square pegs in round holes, and keep seeing very ineffective and disjointed performances.

Except he did exactly that in previous tournaments and it was the source of his original England success.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2024 13:15

Would you like a gentleman's bet that before the 24/25 season ends Gareth Southgate will be in charge of United?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Jun 2024 10:23

BRO_BOT
SouthDownsRoyal
72 bus

Who's your manager?

Ruben Selles

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jun 2024 10:49

Poch to England?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2024 18:41

genome Poch to England?

No thanks. He'd get so much shit for it back home too, wouldn't be worth it. Get the impression he's waiting for the United job once they get themselves on the straight and narrow under the new part ownership there.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 24 Jun 2024 10:27

I'd take ancelotti or Zidane

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jun 2024 11:00

A few people have noted that Foden often plays on the left for City, but this comes back to balance for me. At City, he has Haaland or Alvarez stretching the game creating space for him to drift. It just doesn't work with Kane dropping deep for England. Perhaps Foden could remain LW for England with Shaw fit and Watkins up front.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Jun 2024 11:34

Kane constantly dropping into midfield is the one change that would make a big difference. Leave that space for Foden, Saka and Bellingham to exploit. Then show a bit of trust in Gordon, Palmer and Watkins to come on in the second half if we're not creating anything.
Kane scores so many goals its difficult to drop him but I don't think the way he plays suits the way the rest of our attacking players like to play. When he drops deep the centre halves don't follow him so the opposition have two free defenders to nullify whatever we try to do.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 24 Jun 2024 11:44

Drop kane and drop foden
Play Watkins and eze and wharton

Southgate needs to show balls here

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jun 2024 13:45

6ft Kerplunk Kane constantly dropping into midfield is the one change that would make a big difference. Leave that space for Foden, Saka and Bellingham to exploit. Then show a bit of trust in Gordon, Palmer and Watkins to come on in the second half if we're not creating anything.
Kane scores so many goals its difficult to drop him but I don't think the way he plays suits the way the rest of our attacking players like to play. When he drops deep the centre halves don't follow him so the opposition have two free defenders to nullify whatever we try to do.

Kane is excellent at stepping into midfield and getting involved with the build up play; the problem is not having the players offering movement to complement that like Son & Sterling used to. For me, it's Foden who needs to be dropped for Gordon.

I see Ornstein reporting that Gallagher will be starting in place of TAA. An improvement, though I would have preferred Mainoo or Wharton.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jun 2024 14:15

WestYorksRoyal
6ft Kerplunk Kane constantly dropping into midfield is the one change that would make a big difference. Leave that space for Foden, Saka and Bellingham to exploit. Then show a bit of trust in Gordon, Palmer and Watkins to come on in the second half if we're not creating anything.

Kane is excellent at stepping into midfield and getting involved with the build up play; the problem is not having the players offering movement to complement that like Son & Sterling used to. For me, it's Foden who needs to be dropped for Gordon.

I see Ornstein reporting that Gallagher will be starting in place of TAA. An improvement, though I would have preferred Mainoo or Wharton.

Well of COURSE Southgate would take the least adventuorous option!

Why on Earth would we expect anything different?

And it'll probably be the only change.

121 posts