Thaksin sacks Eriksson

Chillitsphil

Thaksin sacks Eriksson

by Chillitsphil » 29 Apr 2008 10:51

Eriksson gone from City at the end of the season according to the BBC, poor form since Christmas the reason cited. Chairman who knows nothing about football or something going on behind the scenes?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 370698.stm

Perhaps Thaksin is disappointed in Eriksson's human rights record and doesn't consider him a fit and proper person to manage a football club.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Thaksin sacks Eriksson

by soggy biscuit » 29 Apr 2008 11:10

Sky claimed last night that Scolari has already agreed to take over in the summer

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Apr 2008 11:17

Another nice big pay off for Sven then!!!

I wouldn't be impressed if I were a City fan though, he'd made a pretty good fist of it this season, even if his team did see a a massive nose dive in form once the weather turned for the worse...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 29 Apr 2008 11:19

Expect to see Sven at Chelsea next season should the Blues fail to win anything this year!

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2008 11:21

This news was reported on Red Issue 2 days ago.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 Apr 2008 11:25

Colossal Massive Huge Breaking News

From the theatre of comedy. City are poised to finish in the top half of the league, may scrape into europe via the fair play league and they sack their manager. You cannot make this shit up.

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been told he will be sacked as Manchester City manager at the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.

City owner Thaksin Shinawatra told Eriksson he was "not the right man for the job" at a meeting on Sunday, a source close to the Swede said.
Eriksson informed the players at training on Monday that he would be dismissed, provoking an angry response.

Shinawatra has been unhappy with City's results since the turn of the year.
The Thai was at the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday to watch his team's 3-2 defeat by Fulham.

Afterwards, he held a meeting with Eriksson and told him he would be dismissed after their final two games of the season.
"Sven reacted calmly, as usual, but he was very surprised and disappointed," the source told BBC Sport.

"He doesn't want to leave the club. He loves working with the players and his work at Manchester City has only just begun."

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Apr 2008 11:55

I hope we dont eventually replace JM with a chairman as clueless as that.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Apr 2008 12:41

I hope that if Coppell steps down, Sven doesn't see us as "below him". We're about where Citeh finshed last season after all...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Apr 2008 12:52

That is an astonishingly bad decision. He's done well given the shambles he inherited. As another poster mentions occasionally, City haven't won anything for 32 years so it's a big ask to completely turn it around in one season.

I rated Sven when he was with England and his time with City has enhanced that opinion. If Coppell were to leave, i'd love to have Sven. Sadly WCBAP.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Apr 2008 13:05

Schards#2 That is an astonishingly bad decision. He's done well given the shambles he inherited. As another poster mentions occasionally, City haven't won anything for 32 years so it's a big ask to completely turn it around in one season.

I rated Sven when he was with England and his time with City has enhanced that opinion. If Coppell were to leave, i'd love to have Sven. Sadly WCBAP.

It depends on who Mad sells the club to...

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 29 Apr 2008 13:40

Also did the double over United which is a first for years and years so i got told.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 29 Apr 2008 14:26

LOL @ thaksin

Sven was steering them towards respectability. Big Phil is a racist non-english speaking cartoon figure who fluked his way to international success. he'll be something of a laughing stock in the English club game.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Apr 2008 14:40

Schards#2 That is an astonishingly bad decision. He's done well given the shambles he inherited. As another poster mentions occasionally, City haven't won anything for 32 years so it's a big ask to completely turn it around in one season.

I think everything would be a problem but that would be a very good step towards improving our profile.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 29 Apr 2008 15:40

http://f uckoffthaksin.com/

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 29 Apr 2008 17:35

As much as i dissagree with you on his England record, i agree with you here. This is a joke beyond belief.

The Thai said first season top ten, push on, top 6, CL. Sven has done well this season and they're heading in the right direction, sadly the Thai doesn't think it's happening quick enough.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Apr 2008 17:46

Stupid twunt of a chairman. Managers need time, it's a pathetic decision.

I hope Scolari or whoever comes falls on their arse.

I really hope we find a new chairman/owner that has a little something upstairs. It's quite frightening to think we could end up with a pillock like this in charge of our club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Apr 2008 20:04

Did they skip Peter Swales' revolving door after they bulldozed Maine Rd? They should dust it down and re-instal it in the manager's office. Must be the first time Thaksin's got rid of someone without the use of 50 soldiers armed with electric cattle prods.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 Apr 2008 20:47

Schards#2 City haven't won anything for 32 years

Division 1 Champions 01/02.....oh hang on, of course I forgot, only a top division trophy is classed as winning something.

:roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Apr 2008 21:18

mini _dariusz

As much as i dissagree with you on his England record, i agree with you here. This is a joke beyond belief.

The Thai said first season top ten, push on, top 6, CL. Sven has done well this season and they're heading in the right direction, sadly the Thai doesn't think it's happening quick enough.

Sadly, this is what often happens when you have rich foreigners taking over our clubs. They get caught up into the hype of it all and what instant success, whatever the price, and if they don't get that instant success they need to find someone to blame.

Thaksin is used to getting his own way and having exactly what he wants to happen happen - so don't expect realistic expectations from the mega-rich who have no idea about football. What they'll never be able to understand is that if there are going to be winners there also have to be losers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2008 21:42

I wouldn't want to be a city player... isn't he known for human rights abuses?