If Man City were to get relegated........

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: If Man City were to get relegated........

by readingbedding » 22 Dec 2008 17:50

Disagree with that, perhaps the day-trippers and tourists would stop turning up, but if the price went down, you would get Mancs turning up.

Manchester United packed out Old Trafford when they were in the 2nd Division.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 22 Dec 2008 19:06

Thaumagurist* That was then, now you have so many plastics and tourists visiting your ground. They won't come flocking to your ground when you're playing clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley.

Spacey, people don't turn up at Old Trafford thinking "great, i'm watching a Premier League game," they turn up because it's Man Utd. Believe it or not, they'll still be Man Utd if they were to get relegated.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Dec 2008 21:43

I had a speculative punt on City being relegated with it looked like Thaksin Shinowatra was going to be arrested and they might go into administration and have a 10 point deduction.

I completely wrote this off after the takeover but the price is now lower than when I backed it.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 22 Dec 2008 22:10

Schards#2 I had a speculative punt on City being relegated with it looked like Thaksin Shinowatra was going to be arrested and they might go into administration and have a 10 point deduction.

I completely wrote this off after the takeover but the price is now lower than when I backed it.

tHOUGHT YOU WERE MEANT TO BE INTELLIGENT. tHROWING MONEY AT SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN IS HARDLY THE SIGN OF A BRIGHT PERSON. mUST BE AGE CATCHING UP WITH YOU.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Dec 2008 23:26

Schards#2 I had a speculative punt on City being relegated with it looked like Thaksin Shinowatra was going to be arrested and they might go into administration and have a 10 point deduction.

There's absolutley no way this was ever possibly going to happen like that.

If only because the points deduction in the PL is 8 points, not 10!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Dec 2008 08:52

mini _dariusz

tHOUGHT YOU WERE MEANT TO BE INTELLIGENT. tHROWING MONEY AT SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN IS HARDLY THE SIGN OF A BRIGHT PERSON. mUST BE AGE CATCHING UP WITH YOU.

Having backed it at 20's on Betfair, I can now lay it on betfair at 16's if I choose to do so, giving a free bet at 4/1, do you understand you retard?

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 23 Dec 2008 20:17

Schards#2
mini _dariusz

Having backed it at 20's on Betfair, I can now lay it on betfair at 16's if I choose to do so, giving a free bet at 4/1, do you understand you retard?

Schardsy boy, you always make yourself look foolish when having an argument as you always resort to name calling and insults.

This is the stuff i'd expect someone of your kids age to do.

It's so immature, so why don't you grow up ? The board doesn't need the likes of you.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Dec 2008 20:24

Guess that's a 'no' to the 'do you understand' question.

Murty's goal per game average>>>>Finchyboy's IQ

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 23 Dec 2008 20:33

Schardsboy suspects Finch doesn't understand betting odds and laying bets, therefore his IQ must be lower than Murty's goal / game ratio. Took a shit hot IQ to work that bad boy out didn't it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83436&p=2018647#p2018647

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Dec 2008 20:44

I doubt Manc City would get relegated due to the size of the club. However, they are heading in the right direction! Come January it will be interesting to see who they bring in and how they bribe players into playing for the club with huge wage packages. Surely players have some common sense though?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Dec 2008 22:00

mini _dariusz Schardsboy suspects Finch doesn't understand betting odds and laying bets, therefore his IQ must be lower than Murty's goal / game ratio. Took a shit hot IQ to work that bad boy out didn't it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a retard who doesn't understand would criticise a bet that can't lose.

Tip of the day - use the mini-dariuz log in next time you slag off Celtic 'tard boy

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 24 Dec 2008 07:49

Schards#2
mini _dariusz Schardsboy suspects Finch doesn't understand betting odds and laying bets, therefore his IQ must be lower than Murty's goal / game ratio. Took a shit hot IQ to work that bad boy out didn't it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a retard who doesn't understand would criticise a bet that can't lose.

Tip of the day - use the mini-dariuz log in next time you slag off Celtic 'tard boy

Ouch, another insult. Such a man aren't you schards. Tip of the day, you don't endear yourself to others by constantly using insults. You need some maturity lessons from your kids.

Of my 1854 posts find one that slags off Celtic.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Dec 2008 11:10

papereyes The right signings and they'll be fine.

Spunking further tens of millions on strikers and they will continue to struggle.

The forwards in their squad ...

Bojinov (talented, very talented, but injured, very injured: £6 million)
Robinho (8 goals from 13 games: £33 million)
Vassell (LOL: £3 million)
Jo (LOL x 2: £18 million)
Caicedo (1 goal, in the UEFA cup ...: £5.2 million)
Benjani (£4 million)

I'm actually fairly sure there's more ...

Cut this down, get in a bit of spine to midfield and they should be fine.

Bojinov is a very talented player. But i don't understand why they keep on playing Vassell. He is hopeless. I mean they have left out Elano just to play Vassell.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Dec 2008 11:13

They've also got Ged Evans and Daniel Sturridge who in my opinion are very promising but you just can't see them with much of a future there.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Dec 2008 11:58

Vision They've also got Ged Evans and Daniel Sturridge who in my opinion are very promising but you just can't see them with much of a future there.

I can see Ched Evans playing for Cardiff one day.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Dec 2008 15:34

City getting target practice v. Hull today. Ten shots on target and three goals in the first half an hour.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Dec 2008 04:14

City an United would continue to get huge crowds even if they went down. For all that everyone says that United fans are all Cockneys, litterally everyone in Salford is a red except for a few blow-in Mockneys like me. North Manchester up to Bury and Oldham is predominantly red, south and east Manchester is largely blue, Stockport and other out-lying towns (like Hyde) seem to be split 50/50. As has been pointed out, whilst you might find fewer tourists at Old Trafford, that will just leave room for the locals to buy seats at reduced prices. Not that I expect United would need to drop the price much. And if there were gaps, they could just sell more tickets to away fan - how many Championship teams wouldn't sell out the away end at either Manchester club?

No, the way to really judge whether or not a set of fans is plastic is to see whether they keep going long after the drop from glory. Blackpool used to get crowds of 38,000, now it's 8,000; Burnley used to get 50,000, now they get closer to 13,000; and step up with shame Notts County, who used to average 36,000 but now average 4,000. A mere 50 or 60 years of mediocrity and the fans flood away. Pah.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Dec 2008 12:25

Agreed about the majority around Salford being reds, despite the stereotypes to the contrary. But how many of them can afford to regularly go to matches these days? Big 4 football isn't designed for local people any more, and on any match day around OT the pubs across Salford will be packed with locals supporting their team in the pub - either legal or "illegal" TV feed.

They can watch with their mates, they don't have to plan it all out weeks in advance and pay a small fortune for the privilege, they can watch with a beer in their hands and when they stand up they don't get someone behind them telling them to sit down.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 28 Dec 2008 23:10

Absolutely true, Dirk, and I know plenty of reds who grumble that it was 2/6 when they started standing on the Stretford End. But it does mean that the ground would never be empty because - if the day-trippers abandonned them after a relgation - one assumes the prices would come back down and more locals would go again.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2008 10:32

I don't think the Glazers' business model contemplates going down or decreasing prices. The only way it can work is to keep increasing bit by bit the revenue per supporter - hence things like the compulsary cup ticket scheme.

There's no financial slack in the business model for reduced income - United's last set of accounts showed total creditors at £764m. That includes "external debt" of £666m owed to outside financial institutions - interest alone on this last year was estimated to be £81m.