To all Preston fans and players.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: To all Preston fans and players.

by Platypuss » 26 Apr 2009 07:18

Given the form they are in, that Preston win might not look so good come May if we end up against them in the playoffs.....

Might well have ended up better to keep them out of the top 6 and take our chances against Birmingham, Cardiff and Burnley - all on "meh" form.

Que sera sera, regardless.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2009 07:49

Platypuss Given the form they are in, that Preston win might not look so good come May if we end up against them in the playoffs.....

Might well have ended up better to keep them out of the top 6 and take our chances against Birmingham, Cardiff and Burnley - all on "meh" form.

Indeed.

Cardiff are who we want - their bubble has burst.

Niko

by Niko » 26 Apr 2009 15:51

erm, aren't we all missing the point that because of this result we can now gain automatic promotion? playoffs is the last thing on my mind at the moment, even though it's still likely that's where we'll end up.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2009 16:17

Niko erm, aren't we all missing the point that because of this result we can now gain automatic promotion? playoffs is the last thing on my mind at the moment, even though it's still likely that's where we'll end up.

NO!

The point is that we have no chance of going up automatically (thanks to Sheffield United's game being in the bag thanks to Colin) and therefore the play-offs are exactly what we should be staying focused on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2009 16:18

Niko erm, aren't we all missing the point that because of this result we can now gain automatic promotion? playoffs is the last thing on my mind at the moment, even though it's still likely that's where we'll end up.

It's still pretty unlikely. Meeting Preston in the play offs looks more likely than finishing 2nd.

Avon is wrong as well. We should be focused on winning our games and seeing whether we go up in second or go into the play offs as the form side. 2nd is possible. Warnock will not throw the game.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2009 16:26

Ian Royal

It's still pretty unlikely. Meeting Preston in the play offs looks more likely than finishing 2nd.

Avon is wrong as well. We should be focused on winning our games and seeing whether we go up in second or go into the play offs as the form side. 2nd is possible. Warnock will not throw the game.

When did I say that we shouldn't focus on winning our games? My point is that we need to be thinking about five wins to secure promotion - not focusing on winning two and keeping our fingers crossed and relying on Colin's sense of fair play.................

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 26 Apr 2009 18:50

The Cap When Presdun scored that second goal it was a repeat of the scene in football factory. When Chelsea drew Millwall.

Pub with several screens. Nearly everybody watching Man U & Spurs and there's yours truly watching the Brummage game.

When that second one hit the back of the net it was,"Yes,fu*kin' yes!"

As for the Prem. viewers.....Like Des Lynam once said "But they just don't understand".

Funny that - exactly the same scenario in the pub I was watching in....

Niko

by Niko » 27 Apr 2009 03:41

Ian Royal

erm yea, that's what i was saying. the majority of what needs to be done is in our hands though, so one would rather be positive in the situation.

by 1960 » 27 Apr 2009 08:25

If we do beat Narch and Brum but don't go up because of Palace rolling over it would be similar to beating derby 4-0 and Portsmouth rolling over to Fulham. I still hate Portsmouth for that. Mind you we had last year and this year numerous chances to do it on our own efforts and failed miserably, so in truth we can't complain. I still will though.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Apr 2009 08:41

I'm sure it's at least 3 times we could have over hauled brum this season this season. A loss or a draw at a crucial time has put us in this position.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 27 Apr 2009 08:50

Avon Royal
Platypuss Given the form they are in, that Preston win might not look so good come May if we end up against them in the playoffs.....

Indeed.

Cardiff are who we want - their bubble has burst.

If Cardiff lose on Sunday and both Preston and Burnley win,Cardiff will miss out on the playoffs,.

Burnley and Preston both at home,Cardiff away to Sheff. Weds.

Niko

by Niko » 27 Apr 2009 16:14

1960 If we do beat Narch and Brum but don't go up because of Palace rolling over it would be similar to beating derby 4-0 and Portsmouth rolling over to Fulham. I still hate Portsmouth for that.

i'm sure the FA cup final they had in their following match probably had something to do with that...