Brazil v England

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brazil v England

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 15 Nov 2009 20:29

I think it's safe to say Cappello is praying a Gaz Nev return to long term fitness.

Is Richards injured. Cappello seems to have shown no intrest in him, not come on for City the way expected either.

We'd prob have nicked a goal from a set play with Becks out there last 20. Becks must love SWP so much....

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 15 Nov 2009 21:23

Victor Meldrew
1960 I liked the commentators being condescending about the Brazilian defence, then them shutting us out easily and us gifting them one (two central defenders standing and watching a header), should have been two (penalty). How braindead Brown thought it would be a good idea to chest the ball back to Foster is beyond me. Rudimentary tactics Brown: when in defence, with world class forwards sniffing about, play safe - welly it, head it off for a corner or throw or find a colleague. With care.

Does anybody think that Wes Brown would ever have got a game for England if he had been at Bolton or Blackburn rather than at Man Utd reserves for most of his career?
John O'Shea even gets in ahead of him at club level.
Talking of Man Utd players how ill-disciplined is Wayne Rooney?
I'm not talking about his behaviour this time but he ran about like a headless chicken and his passing was atrocious.
If he is supposed to be our best player we are in trouble.

Wes brown And O'Shea were the equivalent of Micah Ricards. They had such promise but now i'm relieved if they actually pass the ball to another team mate. MR's positioning is comical. Better than Danny Mills though.
No way Foster is good enough either

Talking of LFC players were there any in the team?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 15 Nov 2009 21:44

i'd be surprised if Capello didn't know 19 of his 13 man squad already, and there are 4 places to play for. One is cover at right back, a winger, a central midfielder and a striker. Expect Joe Cole to be the other winger so theres only 3 to play for.

James, Green, Foster

Upson, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Bridge, Johnson

Lennon, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Walcott

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Heskey

There is your 19

With Brown, Milner, J Cole and a n other depend on how quickly people get back to fitness!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 15 Nov 2009 22:10

Milner's pretty much in, imo - cover at right and left back and wing.

Tadleys Finest

by Tadleys Finest » 16 Nov 2009 13:29

Terminal Boardom I noticed the Tadley flag as well. As an ex Burghfield lad, seeing pondlife spell Tadley correctly is disturbing!

The Pikey end of Burghfield or the posh end? :-) (as opposed to Tadley which is generally all pretty Pikey I admit)

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 16 Nov 2009 13:35

Think the work out was a good thing for Capello as he'll have far more of an idea of who and who won't be in the squad now.

gazzer, loyal royal i think you shouldn't rule out a fit Hargreaves yet either.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Nov 2009 14:00

PlasticRoyale
Victor Meldrew
1960 I liked the commentators being condescending about the Brazilian defence, then them shutting us out easily and us gifting them one (two central defenders standing and watching a header), should have been two (penalty). How braindead Brown thought it would be a good idea to chest the ball back to Foster is beyond me. Rudimentary tactics Brown: when in defence, with world class forwards sniffing about, play safe - welly it, head it off for a corner or throw or find a colleague. With care.

Does anybody think that Wes Brown would ever have got a game for England if he had been at Bolton or Blackburn rather than at Man Utd reserves for most of his career?
John O'Shea even gets in ahead of him at club level.
Talking of Man Utd players how ill-disciplined is Wayne Rooney?
I'm not talking about his behaviour this time but he ran about like a headless chicken and his passing was atrocious.
If he is supposed to be our best player we are in trouble.

Wes brown And O'Shea were the equivalent of Micah Ricards. They had such promise but now i'm relieved if they actually pass the ball to another team mate. MR's positioning is comical. Better than Danny Mills though.
No way Foster is good enough either

Talking of LFC players were there any in the team?

Nobody was talking about the mighty reds' players although I would say that for all of his defensive faults Johnson is streets ahead of any other right-back around qualified to play for England.
I would further suggest that England will be much stronger when Johnson and Gerrard return.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 16 Nov 2009 14:38

Tadleys Finest
Terminal Boardom I noticed the Tadley flag as well. As an ex Burghfield lad, seeing pondlife spell Tadley correctly is disturbing!

The Pikey end of Burghfield or the posh end? :-) (as opposed to Tadley which is generally all pretty Pikey I admit)

Posh bits in Burghield? I was the better side of The Bantam if that means anything!

Tadleys Finest

by Tadleys Finest » 16 Nov 2009 15:32

Terminal Boardom
Tadleys Finest

Posh bits in Burghield? I was the better side of The Bantam if that means anything!

Haha yes Indeed