Premiership 15/16 December

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Premiership 15/16 December

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 16 Dec 2009 10:42

Thaumagurist* It's still a bit of a disgrace, giving ManUre the 3 points on a plate.

:lol:

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 16 Dec 2009 11:28

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
soggy biscuit ALOL @ Kenny Lunt last night!!!

What did he do? :?

Tried to tackle someone on the edge of the box who was going to shoot but ended up knocking the ball up in the air closer to his own goal, ball came down again and he went in for a second attempt to clear it and booted it into his own goal.

Ended up looking like the first one was just teeing it up nicely for the deadly finish

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 12:45

Why should Wolves get treated any differently to United or Fulham? They've played obviously weakened teams in the Premier League without any come back.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 16 Dec 2009 14:04

Or even Portsmouth.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Dec 2009 14:06

IIRC, didn't Warnock do the same when Sheff Utd played at OT in 07/08? Don't think Sheff Utd got punished for that so I can't see it happening to Wolves.

AF2

by AF2 » 16 Dec 2009 16:46

Ian Royal Why should Wolves get treated any differently to United or Fulham? They've played obviously weakened teams in the Premier League without any come back.

dont see wat the problem is tbh, PL football is a squad game and the manager is entitled to pick who he likes from his squad, how is it even definable for the FA or anyone else to say who is and who isn't a teams first choice striker or centre back :?:

If Man Yoo pick were to pick Welbeck for say Wigan @ home on a saturday and leave Berbatov on the bench ahead of a mid week CL game no one would say shit. I dont really see the difference.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 16 Dec 2009 16:59

AF2
Ian Royal Why should Wolves get treated any differently to United or Fulham? They've played obviously weakened teams in the Premier League without any come back.

dont see wat the problem is tbh, PL football is a squad game and the manager is entitled to pick who he likes from his squad, how is it even definable for the FA or anyone else to say who is and who isn't a teams first choice striker or centre back :?:

If Man Yoo pick were to pick Welbeck for say Wigan @ home on a saturday and leave Berbatov on the bench ahead of a mid week CL game no one would say shit. I dont really see the difference.

^^^ This, from the perspective of the governing body. Wolves shouldn't really have a case to answer.

On the flip side, those who really know who the first-team are are the fans, and 3,000 can rightly be a bit peeved that they went to OT for a game that their club apparently had no intention of trying to win.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Dec 2009 09:23

Chelsea 2 - 1 Portsmouth

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Dec 2009 11:36

I dislike Portsmouth so much I actually wanted Chelsea to win this. Although I do like Avram Grant.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 17 Dec 2009 11:39

AF2

Except that Wolves don't play in the CL.

by 1960 » 17 Dec 2009 17:19

An aspect of the Wolves thing which I haven't seen mentioned is the fixture list. They typically set up fixtures as A H H A A H H A and so on. This is presumably so that no one team is having to play catch up all the time - half the teams have a chance of getting the home points in the bag during the first part of the cycle, whilst the other half get the advantage in the next part.

This seems eminently fair if we are talking Saturday games, but bizarrely this has happened in December in midweek. Every team that played away on Saturday/Sunday had to play away again Tuesday/Wednesday (Europa Cup-affected fixtures excepted). Take Arsenal - a frenetic and energy-sapping game at Liverpool, then back home and a couple of days later up to bloody Lancashire again. Totally unfair in my opinion.

Wolves had the same. To London on Saturday to play 87 minutes with backs to the wall, then to OT a couple of days later with the prospect of totally shagging themselves out before an important winnable game. Wolves may be guilty, but his motives were understandable.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Dec 2009 17:28

Thaumagurist*
AF2

Except that Wolves don't play in the CL.

What has that got to do with it? Sapping weekend win and a relegation battle on the following weekend - Man Utd midweek is not the top priority.