Steve Sidwell

sawyers left arm

Steve Sidwell

by sawyers left arm » 23 Jan 2010 11:48

This guy was always for me the most over rated player that has ever pulled on a Reading shirt but this article makes me hate him even more. He needs to pull his head out his a**e and realise the only club he ever got any first team football was with us. T****r

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingha ... -25668593/

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

Re: Steve Sidwell

by Ups and Downs » 23 Jan 2010 11:59

Player In Sucking Up To The Club He Used To Play For Shocker!!!

Things like this get said all the time and i'm sure he'd come out and say something similar if they were playing us. Anyway, he never gave anything other than 100% for us and will always be a Legend, having featured in the 106 team and for his role in that first Premiership season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Jan 2010 12:04

sawyers left arm This guy was always for me the most over rated player that has ever pulled on a Reading shirt but this article makes me hate him even more. He needs to pull his head out his a**e and realise the only club he ever got any first team football was with us. T****r

Remind me where we were when he left us and where we are now? I cannot see what is wrong with anything he's said in that article.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Jan 2010 12:09

Royalee
sawyers left arm This guy was always for me the most over rated player that has ever pulled on a Reading shirt but this article makes me hate him even more. He needs to pull his head out his a**e and realise the only club he ever got any first team football was with us. T****r

Remind me where we were when he left us and where we are now? I cannot see what is wrong with anything he's said in that article.

agreed, its no coincidence we've been dogshit since he left

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 23 Jan 2010 12:29

In my opinion it was the departure of Sidwell that lessened the potency of Harper. These two were very good together. Sidwell was never really appropriately replaced by a player of similar calibre.

People also are quick to forget that he conducted himself on the pitch extremely professionally and with some loyalty to the club especially as he knew he was leaving within his last season.

Contrast that with the behaviour of Stephen Hunt, for example, and the difference is clear.

He was a major component of some of our more successful and enjoyable times.

Bit churlish to be getting on his back, I feel, on the back of some written stuff. Football journalism is mainly bottom-feeding dross aimed at the gawping masses who wish to gargle it down then regurgitate it as their own version of verbal sheissen.

I prefer to go on what someone contributed to RFC while they were here. Sidwell was a major player, in my opinion.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2010 12:32

See nothing wrong with that.
He's hardly going to say: "but of course once I got to Reading everything was fantastic, I was there for many seasons and played my best football there."

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Jan 2010 12:46

Ian Herring In my opinion it was the departure of Sidwell that lessened the potency of Harper. These two were very good together. Sidwell was never really appropriately replaced by a player of similar calibre.

People also are quick to forget that he conducted himself on the pitch extremely professionally and with some loyalty to the club especially as he knew he was leaving within his last season.

Contrast that with the behaviour of Stephen Hunt, for example, and the difference is clear.

He was a major component of some of our more successful and enjoyable times.

Bit churlish to be getting on his back, I feel, on the back of some written stuff. Football journalism is mainly bottom-feeding dross aimed at the gawping masses who wish to gargle it down then regurgitate it as their own version of verbal sheissen.

I prefer to go on what someone contributed to RFC while they were here. Sidwell was a major player, in my opinion.

thats very well written for an Addington pupil

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 23 Jan 2010 12:57

Thanks Focher. I went to remedial lessons at teh skoll wot I loved.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Jan 2010 13:08

Sometimes I think Sidwell was the most underrated player to ever play for us given how many people still don't seem to realise how much he brought to the side.

He was immense, probably in the top three players to ever pull on the hoops. The failure to replace him set in chain the series of events that leave us in the bottom three of the championship.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Jan 2010 13:22

WRT the Harper thing - I think Harper is the sort of player who makes players around him look better. He's never going to be the shining light in a midfield but will provide the base on which better players can perform.

Sidwell played better with him there
Sidwell leaves and Harper isn't the man to step up to replace him.

That said, I still can't believe that there were some who argued that our midfield would be stronger because of the loss of Sidwell.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Jan 2010 14:19

I bet sawyers left arm was one of the idiots telling us all that Bryn was better than Sidwell.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Jan 2010 14:59

No problems with what he said, just saying how he feels, and without doubt the biggest mistake Reading have made in recent years was not replacing him, good luck Sids you were great for us.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jan 2010 15:21

I hope Sidwell gets in to the Wembley team, love to see ex RFC players that gave us their all do well, and he is no exception.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Jan 2010 16:06

He got regular first team football at Brighton :D

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Jan 2010 18:21

sawyers left arm This guy was always for me the most over rated player that has ever pulled on a Reading shirt

Just LOL

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Jan 2010 18:23

floyd__streete
sawyers left arm This guy was always for me the most over rated player that has ever pulled on a Reading shirt

Just LOL

Double LOL.

Mags' post sums it up perfectly IMO.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Jan 2010 20:46

Sidwell always had good things to say about the club when he left. He got on well with the fans, since the day he arrived at the club. Did you think he was going to talk about Reading in an article leading up to the Villa/Brighton game?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2010 21:28

Sawyers left arm , you are soooo removed from the real world, did you really want to make it public?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2010 23:00

Before he left I couldn't see the fuss people made over him (best player in the football league) he was a important part of our team but not the key. Now I obviously think differently. Our position before he left and where we are now indicates as such.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 24 Jan 2010 13:24

Harpers So Solid Crew I hope Sidwell gets in to the Wembley team, love to see ex RFC players that gave us their all do well, and he is no exception.

Me too.
I am also enjoying seeing Hunt do well at Hull.

Sidwell was great for us and always gave 100% even when he had signed the pre-contract agreement for Chelsea and must have know that one bad injury would mess things up. Looking at things logically, he is probably the best Reading player ever, and steeling him off Brighton was brilliant business.