worst world cup ever?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

worst world cup ever?

by Gus the teenage cow » 15 Jun 2010 19:21

I've watched most of the games so far and the best thing about them by far has been the refereeing

atmosphere is rubbish with constant vuvuzuelas going off

there hasn't even been a really cracking goal yet, most long shots go miles over

most coaches are ultra-cautious and playing 1 upfront and 5 in the middle

sepp blatter can suck my d**k, he wants to be re-elected and this is the dirge his legacy produces

only messi and ozil have actually entertained so far

everyone else is athletic, "hard-running"(whatever the fcuk that means) and desperate not to take any risks or make any mistakes

there has been a distinct lack of decent playmakers or ballplayers about

it's depressing stuff, I hope viewing figures go down, games aren't sold out and advertisers pull out and then the overpaid underskilled primadonnas out there will realise they're not half as good as they think they are

...then again brazil and spain to come and let's hope that these 2 show the rest how football should be played

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

Re: worst world cup ever?

by leww_rfc » 15 Jun 2010 19:34

too early to say, not every team has played yet.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 15 Jun 2010 19:36

Yes Gus you are right Im afraid,my first WC was 1966 and so far (If we dont win it of coarse) this so far is the worst due to them bloody horns.SA should never have it again.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jun 2010 19:39

Gus the teenage cow I've watched most of the games so far and the best thing about them by far has been the refereeing

atmosphere is rubbish with constant vuvuzuelas going off

there hasn't even been a really cracking goal yet, most long shots go miles over

most coaches are ultra-cautious and playing 1 upfront and 5 in the middle

sepp blatter can suck my d**k, he wants to be re-elected and this is the dirge his legacy produces

only messi and ozil have actually entertained so far

everyone else is athletic, "hard-running"(whatever the fcuk that means) and desperate not to take any risks or make any mistakes

there has been a distinct lack of decent playmakers or ballplayers about

it's depressing stuff, I hope viewing figures go down, games aren't sold out and advertisers pull out and then the overpaid underskilled primadonnas out there will realise they're not half as good as they think they are

...then again brazil and spain to come and let's hope that these 2 show the rest how football should be played

+ mofo one.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 15 Jun 2010 19:42

There's been plenty to enjoy so far, even if there haven't been a shed load of goals.

Congratulations, though, on hating a month long tournament on its 5th day.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 15 Jun 2010 20:01

alot of teams are be ultra cautious in the first game because they are too afraid to lose, I think things will start to improve once the 2nd round of games start..gotta agree about those f*ckin horns though, its got to the point where I`m watching the the sound muted.

havoc

by havoc » 15 Jun 2010 20:02

Baines There's been plenty to enjoy so far, even if there haven't been a shed load of goals.

Congratulations, though, on hating a month long tournament on its 5th day.

you have to remember a lot of Reading fans/people on here weren't even into football four years ago and this is essentially their first WC.

Thus the unprecedented levels of bitching and whining on here - the ball isnt right, the crowd isnt right, every games not 6-4 etc etc

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jun 2010 20:21

ankeny Yes Gus you are right Im afraid,my first WC was 1966 and so far (If we dont win it of coarse) this so far is the worst due to them bloody horns.SA should never have it again.

Well said gus and ankeny.

I was about to start a similar thread but found this one to support.

Main complaint has to be the awful atmosphere in every match.

Makes me want to put the volume off or just stop watching.

It's painful, and the players can't even make out whistles.

At first I was delighted South Africa is hosting this but now I'm just fed up.

Never let SA do it again.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 15 Jun 2010 20:32

It has been awful, but can stil get better. Remember in '06 goals flew in during the group phase and then there were about 6 goals in the rest of the tournament!!!

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 15 Jun 2010 21:29

I think this is the first world cup i can remember were gloves and long sleeve shirts are being worn - are we getting gheyer as a species?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Jun 2010 21:46

PlasticRoyale I think this is the first world cup i can remember were gloves and long sleeve shirts are being worn - are we getting gheyer as a species?

Its pretty cold tbf. Its winter I suppose in South Africa.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Jun 2010 22:00

It is the first round of matches. No-one wants to lose their first game. Let's see how shit it is once the group stages are concluded. But if all 8 second round matches go to pens I may well just change my opinion. Or not as the case may be :D

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jun 2010 22:21

Baines. You can't say it's been great. I did enjoy the Germany and Argentina games and the Nz equaliser and was great NK score scored but there's been a lot of dross. Spain tomorrow and the 2nd round of games should improve things though.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 15 Jun 2010 22:25

TBH it's not been the most exciting start.

However, I can't understand people complaining about the vuvuzuelas though. If I'm absorbed in the game, which I have been, for most of them, they just tune out for me. If you can hear them then you can't be watching the football.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 15 Jun 2010 22:26

Brazil and DPR Korea was a decent game then. Every world cup starts off slow.. as mentioned no one wants to lose their first game!

by 1960 » 15 Jun 2010 22:26

PEARCEY Its pretty cold tbf. Its winter I suppose in South Africa.

The commentator said Brazil V N Korea was the coldest match ever played in the World Cup Finals.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 15 Jun 2010 22:30

Archie's penalty Baines. You can't say it's been great.

Why don't you read my fukking post?

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 15 Jun 2010 22:31

Para Handy However, I can't understand people complaining about the vuvuzuelas though. If I'm absorbed in the game, which I have been, for most of them, they just tune out for me. If you can hear them then you can't be watching the football.

Agreed. Although, I think someone on here made the good point that the absence of a real change in atmosphere when a goal is scored is a little disconcerting.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Jun 2010 22:43

Baines
Archie's penalty Baines. You can't say it's been great.

Why don't you read my fukking post?
I did. You said there has been plenty to enjoy so far. Oh.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Jun 2010 22:45

Para Handy TBH it's not been the most exciting start.

However, I can't understand people complaining about the vuvuzuelas though. If I'm absorbed in the game, which I have been, for most of them, they just tune out for me. If you can hear them then you can't be watching the football.

Totally agree with that. I love the WC and will continue watching as much as possible, but nobody can argue there's been a dirth of good contests so far.

Complainingg about the horns is bent though. It's just because Westerners have a pre-conceived idea of what a football crowd should sound like. Of course I find them annoying but not everybody in the world has to be like Reading fans.