England vs Germany - THE BUILD UP THREAD

254 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: England vs Germany - THE BUILD UP THREAD

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jun 2010 17:28

No Fixed Abode This World Cup is working out like World War II. The French have surrendered, the Italians are going out on a whimper, the USA turned up late and the English are left to fight Ze Germans

heard that hours ago, that Italian part just got added and it makes it less funny :roll:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 17:30

FiNeRaIn
No Fixed Abode This World Cup is working out like World War II. The French have surrendered, the Italians are going out on a whimper, the USA turned up late and the English are left to fight Ze Germans

heard that hours ago, that Italian part just got added and it makes it less funny :roll:

I would have liked to add about the Irish helping the Germans out, but they didn't qualify.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Jun 2010 17:30

FiNeRaIn

heard that hours ago, that Kes-stating-it part just makes it less funny :roll:

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 24 Jun 2010 17:46

FiNeRaIn
St Pauli
I need to brush up on my history? Is this the British flag he's waving?: http://www.elanso.com/U/Dd8/d808d930c9d ... 937500.jpg :mrgreen:

GTFO you st pauli scum. Hamburg NUMBER 1.

Loved it when they played celtic below...

touched a nerve did I you sectarian tool? :mrgreen:

I've lived in Hamburg and SV are a joke, full of suburban kids who don't even live Hamburg, they're Hamburgs pLOLastics! :mrgreen:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jun 2010 17:48

Whats sectarian about that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like I was the one who touched a nerve. Hamburg are 4/5 times the size of your little club, stop the hating :) Proper german support, not like st pauli wannabes!!

As for the War comments..just LOL at your take on it, needless on a football thread on top of your inaccuracies.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 24 Jun 2010 18:09

FiNeRaIn Whats sectarian about that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like I was the one who touched a nerve. Hamburg are 4/5 times the size of your little club, stop the hating :) Proper german support, not like st pauli wannabes!!

As for the War comments..just LOL at your take on it, needless on a football thread on top of your inaccuracies.

The war stuff is just banter against the often repeated two world wars and one world cup guff! Perfectly legitimate on an England Germany thread! :twisted:

As for the rest... you've clearly never lived in Hamburg or even been to an SV Hamburg game... If you had you'd know exactly which of the statements is provably wrong... Finerain: armchair plastic rangers fan! :mrgreen:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 24 Jun 2010 18:21

FiNeRaIn

Poor Kes, forever the bridesmaid, in more ways than one.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2010 19:47

St Pauli
FiNeRaIn Whats sectarian about that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The war stuff is just banter against the often repeated two world wars and one world cup guff! Perfectly legitimate on an England Germany thread! :twisted:

As for the rest... you've clearly never lived in Hamburg or even been to an SV Hamburg game... If you had you'd know exactly which of the statements is provably wrong... Finerain: armchair plastic rangers fan! :mrgreen:

2ww1wc is the domain of the fuktard.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jun 2010 20:01

floyd__streete 10 German Bombers as sang by a load of aggressive chavs isn't banter, it is massively cringeworthy and an embarassment to our country and to the memory of the men who gave up their lives for our freedom.

Spot on Floyd.
What makes me cringe as well is that mention of the French and Germans bring out the worst in people,some of whom go beserk if the words black or brown are used to describe non-whites.
My dad fought for all of the 6 years of WW2 and was involved a number of times in direct combat with Germans leading to deaths
and yet as soon as the war was over he bore no malice and yet today some 65 years on there are thousands upon thousands of chavs in this country who won't let it go.
I wonder who the queen and Phil will be supporting on Sunday.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 24 Jun 2010 23:33

Tredder I'm looking forward to various nobbers saying the following ' i told you they wouldn't beat ........'

It's not hard to predict the obvious. We'll have to raise our game a hell of a lot more if we're going to even reach the semi's which was my prediction as not even i thought England could cock that group up!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Jun 2010 08:48

Compo's Hat
Tredder I'm looking forward to various nobbers saying the following ' i told you they wouldn't beat ........'

It's not hard to predict the obvious. We'll have to raise our game a hell of a lot more if we're going to even reach the semi's which was my prediction as not even i thought England could cock that group up!

Don't give a phuck about the group games, we've qualified from the group and that's all that matters

Surely Italy didn't draw 1-1 with USA in their group in 2006?

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 25 Jun 2010 09:20

Big Foot Don't give a phuck about the group games, we've qualified from the group and that's all that matters

^ this. This is when the tournement starts and the nerves really kick in.

Football doesn't clash with the F1 does it? :|

boycey

by boycey » 25 Jun 2010 09:43

Big Foot
Compo's Hat

Don't give a phuck about the group games, we've qualified from the group and that's all that matters

Surely Italy didn't draw 1-1 with USA in their group in 2006?

exactly. It starts on Sunday.
The Germans are loading their lederhosen at the prospect of playing us. And rightly so.
It will be the game of the world cup. Open and plenty of chances.
Step forward mr Jermain Defoe. The stage is set for you.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Jun 2010 10:04

we're not Nazis :!: :evil:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Jun 2010 11:40

David James came across well in his interview on SSN just now, the media were almost obsessed with talking about penalties with him

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 25 Jun 2010 11:47

All the back pages (Express & Mirror) in my hairdressers were loaded with the 5 penalty takers if there were to be a shootout. I mean come on, 1990 was 20 years ago :roll:

It'll be a decent, open game with plenty of chances.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Jun 2010 11:52

AbovetheI All the back pages (Express & Mirror) in my hairdressers were loaded with the 5 penalty takers if there were to be a shootout. I mean come on, 1990 was 20 years ago :roll:

ghey

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 25 Jun 2010 12:22

rfcjoe
AbovetheI All the back pages (Express & Mirror) in my hairdressers were loaded with the 5 penalty takers if there were to be a shootout. I mean come on, 1990 was 20 years ago :roll:

ghey

+1

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 25 Jun 2010 12:37

Where am I supposed to go? Atleast I didn't say Salon.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Jun 2010 13:24

AbovetheI Where am I supposed to go? Atleast I didn't say Salon.

At least then you could have pretended that it was a typo on saloon. And we all like places where shots, poker and whores are all served within feet of eachother.

254 posts