ESPN's free weekend

philM

Re: ESPN's free weekend

by philM » 10 Sep 2010 21:01

prostak
philM Blimey, that goal music was a tad Triumphial-Germanic stylee. Do they march on the spot to it?

This is your first time watching a Bundesliga match, yes?

For quite a few years yes. It's hard to justify the time these day unless there is an RFC connection to raise my interest level.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Sep 2010 21:43

The moment we've all been waiting for!

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 10 Sep 2010 22:01

He done anything good?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Sep 2010 22:20

willz_royal He done anything good?

Fcuk this lot. See my Facebook. 8)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Sep 2010 22:23

I think Gylfi looked too anxious to impress. Must be hard being so young with such a large fee over his head. I really hoped that he would get to take the free kick at the end. Had one effort on goal but went well wide. Give him a month or so to find his feet and he will be fine.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Sep 2010 22:26

Terminal Boardom I think Gylfi looked too anxious to impress. Must be hard being so young with such a large fee over his head. I really hoped that he would get to take the free kick at the end. Had one effort on goal but went well wide. Give him a month or so to find his feet and he will be fine.

Yep. Needs to settle quickly - to get on the score sheet quickly - otherwise I think he may become over-awed by it all.

I just hope he succeeds.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Sep 2010 22:58

Gylfi will have no problem in that league if tonight is anything to go by. The defending and goalkeeping was terrible for both Hoffenheim goals especially the second goal where Neuer made Federici look like Casillas.

I can see why players like Raul and Huntelaar would go to Germany. In Raul's case it's an easy low pressure league to retire in and Huntelaar's career is dead in the water. However, up and coming talent like Sig going there looks ridiculous judging by the standard of tonight's match. No wonder the likes of Khedira and Ozil left the Bundesliga to further their careers.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Sep 2010 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Sep 2010 23:08

I would not be too critical of Neuer for the second goal. I would be more concerned with what the defender didn't do when he was supposed to be on the post.

As for Huntelaar, he makes Shane Long look gifted.

The Hoffenheim right back looked very good throughout the game bar a couple of slips.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Sep 2010 23:19

Row Z Royal
Terminal Boardom I think Gylfi looked too anxious to impress. Must be hard being so young with such a large fee over his head. I really hoped that he would get to take the free kick at the end. Had one effort on goal but went well wide. Give him a month or so to find his feet and he will be fine.

Yep. Needs to settle quickly - to get on the score sheet quickly - otherwise I think he may become over-awed by it all.

I just hope he succeeds.

Over-awed? What a load of bull, you're making this assumption on 17 minutes of football where he did alright? He looked really over-awed last season .

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Sep 2010 23:41

Hoffenheim's Ba looked useful, that flick to knock it past Schalke's left back and just about keep it in play was Kebe-esque

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2010 08:25

Big Foot Hoffenheim's Ba looked useful, that flick to knock it past Schalke's left back and just about keep it in play was Kebe-esque

Ba was hilarious. The ball was always at his full stretch, never looked under control...yet he was excellent and unpredictable.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 11 Sep 2010 08:50

Sounds just like Kebe!

Both teams have young defences if I remember correctly. Was it Beck playing at right back? My TV got confused and recorded two hours worth of n error message...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2010 12:22

Royalee
Row Z Royal

I just hope he succeeds.

Over-awed? What a load of bull, you're making this assumption on 17 minutes of football where he did alright? He looked really over-awed last season .

Nothing to do with the 17 minutes. He's a young lad who has just moved to a new country for a big fee - it might be a lot to deal with.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Sep 2010 13:41

He was already living in a foreign country from the age of 16 - I can't see it phasing him much, he has bags of confidence.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 11 Sep 2010 18:28

It crushed me to not see him take the free kick, but it went in so hey-ho.

I think Sigurdsson is up there as one of my favourite players and I'll end up supporting each club he plays for. C'mon the Hoff.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 11 Sep 2010 19:03

So I guess this isn't on freeview then?