The generic transfer thread

10422 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: The January transfer thread

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jan 2011 20:28

If he keeps them up then he's worth the investment.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jan 2011 20:29

leww_rfc
Royalee £18 million for the most average player in the Premiership.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darren Bent >>>>>>>>>> x10million >>>>>>>>>>> Stephen Hunt

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 18 Jan 2011 20:51

Royalee £18 million for the most average player in the Premiership, the only thing more laughable than the fee is this press conference! Houllier makes David Brent look like Winston Churchill.

If Doyle was worth 6.5mil and has only scored 11 goals in 51 appereances then surely Bent is worth 18mil considering he has scored 3times as many goals in the same amount of appearances hence the his value being 3 times more. Also considering Villa are buying from a team in the top 10 who dont need the cash and add to the fact he is one of if not their most important player of course he is going to cost this much. If anything im suprised it wont cost more

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 18 Jan 2011 21:11

Royalee £18 million for the most average player in the Premiership, the only thing more laughable than the fee is this press conference! Houllier makes David Brent look like Winston Churchill.

The same Darren Bent who, since 205, has scored 81 PL goals, topped only by Rooney and Drogba (82 each). Overrated? Maybe, but certainly not average

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Jan 2011 11:10

prostak papereyes - Man, I knew you Tories regarded the North as one great, indistinguishable mess of funny accents and poverty...

Blackburn sign German-American Jermaine Jones on loan from Schalke til the end of the season. Expect the Dingles to make a late effort to retain their dirty reputation.

LOL

:oops:

I think I might have been referring to myself there.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 19 Jan 2011 11:51

Ginger Ninjas

The same Darren Bent who, since 205, has scored 81 PL goals, topped only by Rooney and Drogba (82 each). Overrated? Maybe, but certainly not average

I'd say he's under-rated on that basis

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Jan 2011 15:43

I was just thinking of the number of strikers who've, well, not done that well at Villa.

Milosevic
Collymore
Angel
Crouch
Carlton Cole
Milan Baros

Even Carew isn't that much more prolific than Angel.

There must be more.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 19 Jan 2011 15:46

papereyes I was just thinking of the number of strikers who've, well, not done that well at Villa.

Milosevic
Collymore
Angel
Crouch
Carlton Cole
Milan Baros

Even Carew isn't that much more prolific than Angel.

There must be more.

Bosko Balaban?!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Jan 2011 21:31

Chelsea bid 19m for David Luiz.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 19 Jan 2011 22:22

Ginger Ninjas Bosko Balaban?!

if i can just correct your spelling, its

Bosko BaLOLaban.

KDRF

by KDRF » 19 Jan 2011 23:14

Don't understand Tottenham signing Pienaar, They already have enough players that are attacking midfielders similiar to him, so much so they have to turn them away. Bentleys out on loan, Kranjcar will leave soon. Also they have cracking young prospects like Rose and Bostock coming through, just seems like they have just bought him because he's cheap atm. I know he's a very good player, but in there team atm, he's sure as hell not gunna uproot Bale Modric Van de vaart or Lennon, and there last midfield slot is a defensive midfielder such as Palacios huddlestone or Jenas. Just seems silly really!

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 20 Jan 2011 00:01

KDRF Don't understand Tottenham signing Pienaar, They already have enough players that are attacking midfielders similiar to him, so much so they have to turn them away. Bentleys out on loan, Kranjcar will leave soon. Also they have cracking young prospects like Rose and Bostock coming through, just seems like they have just bought him because he's cheap atm. I know he's a very good player, but in there team atm, he's sure as hell not gunna uproot Bale Modric Van de vaart or Lennon, and there last midfield slot is a defensive midfielder such as Palacios huddlestone or Jenas. Just seems silly really!

Thought this too. How many midfielders do they need?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Jan 2011 00:24

KDRF Don't understand Tottenham signing Pienaar, They already have enough players that are attacking midfielders similiar to him, so much so they have to turn them away. Bentleys out on loan, Kranjcar will leave soon. Also they have cracking young prospects like Rose and Bostock coming through, just seems like they have just bought him because he's cheap atm. I know he's a very good player, but in there team atm, he's sure as hell not gunna uproot Bale Modric Van de vaart or Lennon, and there last midfield slot is a defensive midfielder such as Palacios huddlestone or Jenas. Just seems silly really!

Doesn't Harry have form in this area, signing players just to stop other clubs getting them?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 20 Jan 2011 00:46

Maybe one of the quoted players is off

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2011 10:18

Harry likes to sign players for the sake of it....I've no idea why, and I guess the taxman doesn't either.

I don't see a problem with it as such though. He feels, rightly IMO, that he can improve his squad by signing a new player such as Pienaar and that makes his team stronger.

He doesn't seem too bothered about moving other players out, but I guess if you don't have to pay the wages personally why would you? The club will surely look to move a couple more out to trim the wage bill (Pompey should've done this) but Harry's job (and I can't believe I'm defending him) is to get as good a side out on the pitch as possible.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Jan 2011 10:24

Get him cheap.........so if Bale leaves in the summer then he has cover already in place without having to break the bank.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Jan 2011 12:02

To be fair, I'm pretty pleased we didn't sign him. Gives the youngsters more of a chance.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 20 Jan 2011 12:19

No Fixed Abode To be fair, I'm pretty pleased we didn't sign him. Gives the youngsters more of a chance.

tbf that Mcracken (spelling??) looks a right good prospect

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 20 Jan 2011 12:21

Wheater from Boro to Bolton.
Hammill from Barnsley to Wolves.

Good luck to both.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Jan 2011 12:24

Focher
No Fixed Abode To be fair, I'm pretty pleased we didn't sign him. Gives the youngsters more of a chance.

tbf that Mcracken (spelling??) looks a right good prospect

Josh McEachran. Superb player m8 and only 17.

10422 posts