Adel Taarabt

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Mar 2011 16:39

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#286656

Personally I think the guy needs to grow up. :roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Adel Taarabt

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Mar 2011 16:51

So, it would seem that it is perfectly acceptable to be a complete oik and spoilt brat provided that he deliveres on the pitch. Does anyone else wonder why football is in such a mess? Anyone who suggests that footballers are role models deserve to be shot.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Mar 2011 17:33

Dont really see what he's doing wrong, tbh

Or am i missing the point somewhere?!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Mar 2011 17:35

TBM Dont really see what he's doing wrong, tbh

He acts like a spoilt child according to that article. Maybe you recognize that behaviour as normal or acceptable? :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2011 18:13

Hardly a surprise, he's obviously never had to really work hard at anything in his life. Why would you act like a reasonable grown up if you're treated like some sort of God?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Mar 2011 18:19

Gordons Cumming

He acts like a spoilt child according to that article. Maybe you recognize that behaviour as normal or acceptable? :wink:

Can you quote the part that references to this

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Mar 2011 18:29

and if he played for Reading he'd be God. But he doesn't so he's a spoilt brat.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Mar 2011 18:37

No Fixed Abode and if he played for Reading he'd be God. But he doesn't so he's a spoilt brat.

Incorrect. Leroy Lita wasn't a fans favourite, despite his goals.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 23 Mar 2011 18:44

Reading fans really are a sad bunch, by and large.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Mar 2011 19:30

Yeah same here. Clearly the best player in the division and a flair one at that. Wish he was ours.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Mar 2011 20:31

TBM
Gordons Cumming

Can you quote the part that references to this

Taarabt has a reputation as being slightly petulant and sulky, the spoilt little kid who will take his ball home if he does not get his own way. He angrily kicked a water battle after he was substituted at Ipswich earlier in the season. Against Hull in January he lazily wandered around the pitch, making it clear to everyone that he did not want to play and wished to be taken off.

OK?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Mar 2011 21:08

Gordons Cumming Taarabt has a reputation as being slightly petulant and sulky, the spoilt little kid who will take his ball home if he does not get his own way. He angrily kicked a water battle after he was substituted at Ipswich earlier in the season. Against Hull in January he lazily wandered around the pitch, making it clear to everyone that he did not want to play and wished to be taken off.

OK?

But surely that refers to 99% of professional footballers.......this isn't a trait of Taarabt alone.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 23 Mar 2011 21:20

TBM
Gordons Cumming Taarabt has a reputation as being slightly petulant and sulky, the spoilt little kid who will take his ball home if he does not get his own way. He angrily kicked a water battle after he was substituted at Ipswich earlier in the season. Against Hull in January he lazily wandered around the pitch, making it clear to everyone that he did not want to play and wished to be taken off.

OK?

But surely that refers to 99% of professional footballers.......this isn't a trait of Taarabt alone.

Nope, he is at the extreme end of the scale.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Mar 2011 21:28

Svlad Cjelli
TBM

OK?

Nope, he is at the extreme end of the scale.

Ive seen plenty of footballers sulk when they are taken off - i have also seen many footballers trying to "hide" when on the pitch. The fact is, cos he's such a good player people notice it more......

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Mar 2011 21:36

TBM

OK?

What planet are you living on?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Mar 2011 21:37

Gordons Cumming
TBM

OK?

What planet are you living on?

The bloke has just won player of the year...........and you're asking me what planet i'm living on, for defending him!? :?

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 23 Mar 2011 21:40

GC and Dirkers, do you remember Shane Long petulantly throwing his shirt at Coppell when he was taken off at Anfield?

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 23 Mar 2011 21:51

Thomas L'Heureux GC and Dirkers, do you remember Shane Long petulantly throwing his shirt at Coppell when he was taken off at Anfield?

That was out of frustration that Carragher had been allowed to basically manhandle the poor kid from start to finish with impunity, not because he had been substituted.

Or so the story goes.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 23 Mar 2011 22:04

They say in the article that Tarrabt is excused defending and they don't give him the ball in their own half for fear of him doing something stupid and giving the ball away.

Whilst undoubtably skillful he can be a liability and I really don't think Reading fans would embrace him (not that they'll ever get the chance) just as in most cases, as soon as any player shows any kind of arrogance, fans jump on them, see Mills, Kitson, etc. Really the only player to escape it recently (and only really in the last year) has been Kebe.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Mar 2011 22:16

Y21_Royal They say in the article that Tarrabt is excused defending and they don't give him the ball in their own half for fear of him doing something stupid and giving the ball away.

Whilst undoubtably skillful he can be a liability and I really don't think Reading fans would embrace him (not that they'll ever get the chance) just as in most cases, as soon as any player shows any kind of arrogance, fans jump on them, see Mills, Kitson, etc. Really the only player to escape it recently (and only really in the last year) has been Kebe.

I don't remember Darren Caskey doing much defending for us.
Also I agree with the earlier poster Shane Long would never throw his shirt down nor Mills give the finger to his own fans would they?
I would love to see a flair player like him in our side.