Should auld acquaintance be forgot?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Should auld acquaintance be forgot?

by Wimb » 08 Feb 2011 05:29

prostak
Wimb Bolton: Not exactly 'suffering' but seeing how financially up the creek they are makes for potential long term amusement when Davies retires and Elmander leaves on a free, 95 aside we should have helped send them down in 07/08 but stacked it ourselves.

The team got by fine without Elmander when he was crap, the vast majority of debts are to one man (not a bank) who is incredibly unlikely to ever call these back in one go, and Davies has got a couple more seasons left in him. Keeps me from having to decide who to support anyway...

True, but reading that ramble article it's far from clear cut it seems...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Apr 2011 21:03

floyd__streete Sheff U: Erstwhile promotion rivals of 05/06. Spent a shedload trying to get back up (£3 million in Ched Evans?) and now look like slipping into the third division. I hope that the Blades fan who attempted and failed to trip me up after our 1-0 win at Brammall Lane in 2004 is enjoying his season 8)

Plymouth: Erstwhile promotion rivals of 93/94, when they stacked it of course :lol: . A club with a curiously inflated sense of its own size and self-importance, hence the ridiculous 48k stadium plans now sadly shelved. You really aren't a sleeping giant or a hot-bed of football. And you have Peter Ridsdale :lol: . And you're going down again 8)

Walsall: The play-off final defeat in 2001 is still my worst ever day following RFC. This crappy West Midlands village can rot for eternity for ever as far as I am concerned, the sound of their pitiful turn-out of 12,000 at Cardiff celebrating faintly in the distance still haunts me. Picking up a bit lately, but it is the hope that kills you eventually 8)

Bristol Rovers: Never forgiven them for having the temerity to smash us 0-6 on our own turf :cry: . Remember those fraught Mad Dog vs Holloway matches too? Down you go, chaps 8)

Stockport: Another erstwhile promotion rivals of 93/94, they also stacked it. Long ball shite back then with the two giants Francis and Preece. They also had that horrible b@stard Jim Gannon. Everyone in Stockport supports Man City anyway so they won't be missed when they're in the Conference next season 8)

Schadenfloyder still shaping up quite nicely. Stockport, Sheff U and Plymouth stitched on to drop. If Walsall and/or Bristol Rovers drop agonisingly at the death, so much the better 8). Great to see those nice people at West Ham and Wolves struggling too. Come on down!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 Apr 2011 22:30

Have you got Wednesday night's lottery numbers floyd? Epic scenes

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 18 Apr 2011 22:36

How can you hate Stockport, Floyd? Your explanation doesn't really seem to cover reasons for actual hate.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 18 Apr 2011 22:51

prostak How can you hate Stockport, Floyd? Your explanation doesn't really seem to cover reasons for actual hate.

They were cunts in 93-94; Carlo Nash (see also PNE).

If that's not enough for an irrational h8red then I'm going to have to start watching a different sport.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 18 Apr 2011 22:58

Pff, fair enough. Just that hating the Stockport of today seems like hating Belgium or something. Utterly harmless and quite possibly on the edge of oblivion.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 18 Apr 2011 22:58

prostak Pff, fair enough. Just that hating the Stockport of today seems like hating Belgium or something. Utterly harmless and quite possibly on the edge of oblivion.

JUST MAKE A FUKKING CHOICE YOU WANKERS

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Apr 2011 07:51

PlasticRoyale Middlesborough

Floyd cites the Walsall play-off final as his worst ever experience watching Reading.

Middlesbrough: The 1998 League Cup quarter final is up there. The single most inept refereeing display this side of Stuart Atwell coupled with shameless opportunist scumbag Craig Hignett scoring the only goal and milking it for all it's worth.The game still serves as a reminder of the relative civility of Reading fans. The fury tumbling down from the Southbank was a joy to behold. Even I, a man who normally revels in Reading defeats simply because it gives me an opportunity to happily whinge, was incandescent with rage. When I see the incident footage, I still expect to see someone run on and lamp George Cain from Bootle one

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Apr 2011 12:59

Jerry St Clair When I see the incident footage, I still expect to see someone run on and lamp George Cain from Bootle one

Off on a tangent somewhat, but do you have it anywhere...?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Apr 2011 13:52

IN........for a Walsall relegation.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 19 Apr 2011 15:31

ReadingA club with a curiously inflated sense of its own size and self-importance, hence the ridiculous 35k stadium plans now sadly shelved. You really aren't a sleeping giant or a hot-bed of football. And you have Nick Hammond :lol: . And you give away pizza 8)

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 19 Apr 2011 15:32

Foreseeing another RFC playoff failure, m8?

boycey

by boycey » 19 Apr 2011 16:51

TheMaraudingDog ReadingA club with a curiously inflated sense of its own size and self-importance, hence the ridiculous 35k stadium plans now sadly shelved. You really aren't a sleeping giant or a hot-bed of football. And you have Nick Hammond :lol: . And you give away pizza 8)

ouch

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 19 Apr 2011 17:01

How is a free half time pizza a negative?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 19 Apr 2011 18:22

Cos it's not proper football unless you're uncomfortable, the toilets are a wall at the back of the stand and half time refreshments involve meat extract and the away fans spitting in your face. Like you get at Old Trafford.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2011 20:01

I wish Rodgers' had been more hateful, rather than just a bit irritating and disappointing. We could do with with a nice new hate figure now that McGhee has long since disappeared and Pards hasn't been around for ages. There's stil Warnock, but some of my passion there has slipped away since he left Sheffield.

Can't stand Swindon, it's shit, they're shit, their fans are shit, their kit is shit - which is impressive seeing as it's just red, which normally manages to look at worst ok - and "Steve McMahon is a baldy head cnut" was great.

Brighton, Plymouth, Wycombe and Oxford I have a strange patronising fondness of. They're so pathetic I can't help enjoy having them around.

Pompey - for us never beating them, the 7-4, the dirty cheating, the getting away with the dirty cheating, the being utter cretinous arseholes, for having 40% of the regional sports coverage, the dick with the bell, and one stupid shitty chant.

Saints - for being shit for forever and still playing in a higher division than us for absolutely ages, without any good reason for managing it. For Nigel Quashie and the we're better than you despite the fact you beat us and are romping the league. For having 40% of the regional sports coverage.

Chelsea - for being utterly graceless nouveau riche scumbags with no trace of humility. For being graceless cheating primmadonna shits and criticising the Berkshire ambulance service for not turning up before their team doctor had called them.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Apr 2011 20:04

Man Utd fans : Their continuous crusade to try and be as different as possible than any other set of supporters so they can claim they are " the best". This involves pretending not to be from manchester, england, and chanting argentina or portugal songs( in support of ronaldo who later fvcks them over lol) to get some sort of reaction. Their fickle idolisation of rooney second to this.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Apr 2011 23:18

handbags_harris
Jerry St Clair When I see the incident footage, I still expect to see someone run on and lamp George Cain from Bootle one

Off on a tangent somewhat, but do you have it anywhere...?

On an end of season video perhaps? I've definitely seen it, but not for years. The best bit was Terry Bullivant wailing on the pitch afterwards that George Cain was "way out of his depth". No trace of irony.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 20 Apr 2011 08:38

Jerry St Clair
PlasticRoyale Middlesborough

Floyd cites the Walsall play-off final as his worst ever experience watching Reading.

Middlesbrough: The 1998 League Cup quarter final is up there. The single most inept refereeing display this side of Stuart Atwell coupled with shameless opportunist scumbag Craig Hignett scoring the only goal and milking it for all it's worth.The game still serves as a reminder of the relative civility of Reading fans. The fury tumbling down from the Southbank was a joy to behold. Even I, a man who normally revels in Reading defeats simply because it gives me an opportunity to happily whinge, was incandescent with rage. When I see the incident footage, I still expect to see someone run on and lamp George Cain from Bootle one

Massive +1. A war-crime. An atrocity. I've trawled youtube with no luck, is there any online footage?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 20 Apr 2011 10:24

Wasn't this the same game where Gianluca Festa had a 'goal' disallowed but didn't realise for literally about 5 minutes? He threw his shirt off and jumped up on the fence of the away end to celebrate before realising and not being able to find his shirt for a while. Serious lolz.