Re: Gylfi

by URZZ » 04 Mar 2012 14:48

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Mar 2012 15:12

TheMaraudingDog
exileinleeds
handbags_harris He's not what they need right now, but surely the best club football-wise Sigurdsson could go to is Arsenal?

Seen him playing for Swansea a bit, and immediately thought he wouldn't look out of place in an Arsenal shirt. Their style of play, need for new players, coupled with Wenger liking to develop talent...I would put money on Gylfi being a Gooner before long.

He won't be joining Arsenal then.

He's alright but nowhere near good enough for a top 8 team.

Swansea is perfect for him to be fair.

To be honest - I can't see Swansea being able to afford Sig. Surely Hoffenheim will want at least what they paid for him and now when his form has returned possibly even more.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Mar 2012 16:44

TheMaraudingDog
exileinleeds
handbags_harris He's not what they need right now, but surely the best club football-wise Sigurdsson could go to is Arsenal?

Seen him playing for Swansea a bit, and immediately thought he wouldn't look out of place in an Arsenal shirt. Their style of play, need for new players, coupled with Wenger liking to develop talent...I would put money on Gylfi being a Gooner before long.

He won't be joining Arsenal then.

He's alright but nowhere near good enough for a top 8 team.

Swansea is perfect for him to be fair.

He's one of the best players I've ever seen. He's not in Giggs, Cantona or Ronaldo's league, but he could play at the very top eventually.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 Mar 2012 17:22

thx BRENDAN :-(

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Mar 2012 17:40

I thought Brendan was quite clever when interviewed after the game in the way he mentioned how easy it has been for a clever footballer like Gylfi to fit in at Swansea because he is playing in a great team of footballers.

Letting Gylfi know how lucky he is to be playing for the total football Swans and of course how he wouldn't enjoy his football half as much elsewhere.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Mar 2012 17:41

Mr Optimist I thought Brendan was quite clever when interviewed after the game in the way he mentioned how easy it has been for a clever footballer like Gylfi to fit in at Swansea because he is playing in a great team of footballers.

Letting Gylfi know how lucky he is to be playing for the total football Swans and of course how he wouldn't enjoy his football half as much elsewhere.

I didn't think we should have got rid of him but frankly every time I hear or read BR interviewed now he comes across as an absolutely arrogant twat.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Mar 2012 17:54

He was always like that - it's just that if you liked him, you didn't see it as others did.

Swans can afford Gylfi - if they stay in premiership, which is most likely, they'll have more than enough to afford him. :cry:

I still think there's an outside chance he'll come to us if we go up - because he loved being here.

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 05 Mar 2012 17:57

I dont think he can forgive SJM for throwing him in the shop window. i dont see him putting on a reading shirt ever again. kinda sad.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 05 Mar 2012 18:41

Royal Lady Swans can afford Gylfi - if they stay in premiership, which is most likely, they'll have more than enough to afford him. :cry:

I totally disagree but it will be interesting to see if Swansea do fork out 7 million plus for any player. It would more than double their current tranfer fee and I suspect wages could be a problem.

Bedale Royal

by Bedale Royal » 05 Mar 2012 18:51

Jamie Redknapp speaks very highly of him in the Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-die.html

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 05 Mar 2012 18:57

Royal Lady Swans can afford Gylfi - if they stay in premiership, which is most likely, they'll have more than enough to afford him. :cry:

Oh really?

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers hints Swans could be priced out of bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/03/05/swansea-city-manager-brendan-rodgers-hints-swans-could-be-priced-out-of-bid-for-gylfi-sigurdsson-91466-30458957/

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 05 Mar 2012 19:17

Royal Lady because he loved being here.

Really??

He isn't from here, we are 1 of 5 clubs he has now played for and he only played 1 good season for us.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Mar 2012 19:27

postwhisperer I dont think he can forgive SJM for throwing him in the shop window. i dont see him putting on a reading shirt ever again. kinda sad.

:lol: :lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Mar 2012 19:46

soggy biscuit

Really??

He isn't from here, we are 1 of 5 clubs he has now played for and he only played 1 good season for us.

He lived in Reading, having been part of the academy, for 5 years didn't he?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 05 Mar 2012 20:02

ZacNaloen
soggy biscuit

Really??

He lived in Reading, having been part of the academy, for 5 years didn't he?

Not disputing that he was here for a few years but I can't help but feel people are getting seriously carried away with regards to his time here

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 05 Mar 2012 20:05

soggy biscuit
Not disputing that he was here for a few years but I can't help but feel people are getting seriously carried away with regards to his time here

What about his bromance with Church?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Mar 2012 08:06

soggy biscuit

Really??

Yup, if we go up and can afford whatever Hoffenheim want we'd be his choice in the summer

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Mar 2012 08:18

Silver Fox
soggy biscuit

Really??

Yup, if we go up and can afford whatever Hoffenheim want we'd be his choice in the summer

I have heard that as well.

The problem could be "...whatever Hoffenheim want"; regardless of what the chuckle brothers think of him on here, a reasonable Prem side would take a punt on him - I can see him as Gerrards future replacement at Liverpool for example.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2012 09:01

Mr Angry The problem could be "...whatever Hoffenheim want"; regardless of what the chuckle brothers think of him on here, a reasonable Prem side would take a punt on him - I can see him as Gerrards future replacement at Liverpool for example.

Don't get me wrong. He has clearly learnt a lot from his time in Germany and is putting in some good performances now, I would love to see him back here as he would improve the team. 1 or 2 seem to be trying to convince themselves that his footballing dream is to play for Reading rather than just playing at the highest standard he can, trying to win trophies and maximising his income.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Mar 2012 09:21

At the moment he's just too good to come back to Reading.

If we went up and TSI were to pump a hell of a lot of money into the rebuilding of the squad to make us a serious challenger for European football then yeah, maybe we'd be a good move for him, otherwise he's just underselling himself (at least for the long term).

I'd love to see him back, but I'm not sure I can see that happening.

172 posts