Fabrice Muamba

238 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Fabrice Muamba

by cmonurz » 19 Mar 2012 11:24

Well that didn't take very long, TMD. I guess there are always people in life for whom bad things have to happen before they reconsider their own behaviours.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 19 Mar 2012 11:26

cmonurz Well that didn't take very long, TMD. I guess there are always people in life for whom bad things have to happen before they reconsider their own behaviours.

No, it just didn't take him very long to catch you on a fishing trip :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Mar 2012 11:29

Bring Back The SB
cmonurz Well that didn't take very long, TMD. I guess there are always people in life for whom bad things have to happen before they reconsider their own behaviours.

ALOLOLAALALAOOLOL!!!!!!!!!! m8!

Only fishing because he's a cnut. My point stands.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 19 Mar 2012 11:32

Bring Back The SB

Oh, OK. What do you think he really thinks, then, if he's just dangling a LOLine?

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 19 Mar 2012 12:00

postwhisperer i had a good friend of mine die last year from heart attack at 35. left 3 young kids and wife behind, it was one of the hardest things for me to get through in life. now a 23 year old suffers from something like this. i was nearly in tears. *nohomo* i barely slept last night because i was just hoping for some good news.

My best mate was 23 when it happened to him and passed away 3 years ago. Brings it all back.

What I want to know is: I assume he never had an ECG and why don't professional footballer's just have them as part of their medicals?

If anyone's interested in getting one done it's really quick and cheap to do through the charity "cardiac risk in the young"...

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Mar 2012 12:15

rob the royal
postwhisperer i had a good friend of mine die last year from heart attack at 35. left 3 young kids and wife behind, it was one of the hardest things for me to get through in life. now a 23 year old suffers from something like this. i was nearly in tears. *nohomo* i barely slept last night because i was just hoping for some good news.

My best mate was 23 when it happened to him and passed away 3 years ago. Brings it all back.

What I want to know is: I assume he never had an ECG and why don't professional footballer's just have them as part of their medicals?

If anyone's interested in getting one done it's really quick and cheap to do through the charity "cardiac risk in the young"...

Footballers get ECGs all the damned time.
So whatever this was it wasn't something that an ECG could pick up

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 19 Mar 2012 12:21

Quite terribly, the father of one of Kilmarnock's players, Liam Kelly, collapsed and died at the ground of a heart attack, soon after seeing his son's team win the cup this weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eltic.html

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Mar 2012 12:25

cmonurz Quite terribly, the father of one of Kilmarnock's players, Liam Kelly, collapsed and died at the ground of a heart attack, soon after seeing his son's team win the cup this weekend.

Just read this a few minutes ago. Horrible.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 19 Mar 2012 12:27

muddyfeet what has happened is really horrible and I truly hope that he is ok.

but is anyone else getting slightly fed up of the twitter stuff?

I am getting a little fed up with the prayer stuff, to be honest. Why can't you just say you really hope he gets better, instead of peddling the importance of some delusional ritual?

Doubtless if he recovers twitter will be full of claims that we've seen a miracle, instead of praise for the speed and skill of the medical staff at the game and hospital.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Mar 2012 12:29

cmonurz Quite terribly, the father of one of Kilmarnock's players, Liam Kelly, collapsed and died at the ground of a heart attack, soon after seeing his son's team win the cup this weekend.

Hmmm at least he saw the win then. On the news, they said he'd collapsed part way through the game

Player must be in pieces, on the happiest day of his career :cry:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Mar 2012 12:31

John Madejski's Wallet
rob the royal

^^ This

It's all in the name of the condition - Sudden Arrhytmia Death Syndrome (aka Sudden Adult Death Syndrome)

RobRoyal

I am getting a little fed up with the prayer stuff, to be honest. Why can't you just say you really hope he gets better, instead of peddling the importance of some delusional ritual?

Doubtless if he recovers twitter will be full of claims that we've seen a miracle, instead of praise for the speed and skill of the medical staff at the game and hospital.

^^and this

Amazing how many footballers are suddenly all religious

Including Wayne Rooney...

royal tee

by royal tee » 19 Mar 2012 13:11

RobRoyal I am getting a little fed up with the prayer stuff, to be honest. Why can't you just say you really hope he gets better, instead of peddling the importance of some delusional ritual?

Exactly this. Just about every tweet or quote from a player or manager has had a reference to praying. Can't help wondering how often they attend church

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 19 Mar 2012 13:12

Uke
John Madejski's Wallet
rob the royal

^^ This

It's all in the name of the condition - Sudden Arrhytmia Death Syndrome (aka Sudden Adult Death Syndrome)

[/quote]

Good to know that footballer's have them all the time, I was only wondering because I see that the Spurs players are all demanding them so it makes it sound like they never had one?

And regarding SADs I'm afraid that's not true, although in this case evidently it wasn't something that could be picked up by ECG there are plenty of causes for SADS that can be diagnosed by ECG and Echo - off the top of my head: Long QT.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 19 Mar 2012 13:18

Muamba's going to think he has been in a 10 year coma when he wakes up to hear Torres has scored.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Mar 2012 13:31

Reading are at it now too.

Hard to envisage this to be fair..........

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... for_muamba

Brian standing at the front of the training room lounge...............

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Mar 2012 13:37

rob the royal Good to know that footballer's have them all the time, I was only wondering because I see that the Spurs players are all demanding them so it makes it sound like they never had one?

And regarding SADs I'm afraid that's not true, although in this case evidently it wasn't something that could be picked up by ECG there are plenty of causes for SADS that can be diagnosed by ECG and Echo - off the top of my head: Long QT.

Some can, but as soon as they are diagnosed then SADS is no longer the diagnosis...

There are a significant number of people with silent arrhythmias, none of which can be picked up except with 24 hour monitoring

Footballers get loads of 12 lead ECGs as part of their medicals, but these are just "snapshots".

I would assume its the 24 hour monitoring that the players are calling for as there probably hasn't been a perceived "clinical need" in the past.

It's not like the clubs can't afford it.
Last edited by Uke on 19 Mar 2012 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Mar 2012 13:41

^ this

Not just twitter either, every programme, paper, radio show

the need to be seen to care the most

It's pretty tiresome

#getwellsoonfab

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 19 Mar 2012 14:01

Uke Some can, but as soon as their diagnosed then SADS is no longer the case...

There are a significant number of people with silent arrhythmias, none of which can be picked up except with 24 hour monitoring

Footballers get loads of 12 lead ECGs as part of their medicals, but these are just "snapshots".

I would assume its the 24 hour monitoring that the players are calling for as there probably hasn't been a perceived "clinical need" in the past.

It's not like the clubs can't afford it.

Ah ok, I see where you're coming from.

In the papers it just said they were demanding "screening"- what's the 24 hour monitoring? Is that ECG over an extended period? or is a different thing all together?

I can't believe some people are commenting on the article that the Spurs players should "get a grip"

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 19 Mar 2012 14:02

Presumably led from the front by EIL...

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 19 Mar 2012 14:15

RobRoyal

I think "Our thoughts and prayers are with..." has just become a stock phrase, copied from the USA where it really does mean people are saying prayers.

"Praying for someone to be OK" has just become a synonym for "hoping".

238 posts